1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supergirl

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ResidentTheatreKid, Nov 15, 2016.

1. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! So after 9 months of absence (oops) I have returned with one main question:

IS ANYONE WATCHING SUPERGIRL?!

I only began binge watching last Saturday (*shame*) because I heard about Alex's storyline, and I am so happy to be seeing such good representation! Between Supergirl and Wynonna Earp, I feel so incredibly blessed. We obviously have SOME show writers that give a fuck about us. (Emily Andras is bae just saying).

Anyway, has anyone seen the latest episode (6 at the time of posting)? Are you enjoying it? On a scale of 1-10, how much do you want to wrap Alex and Maggie up in blanket burritos and kiss their heads and hold them close despite the fact that they are more than capable of fucking you up? HOW WHIPPED HAS THIS SHIP GOT YOU IN 3 WEEKS?!

Also, at first I was really anxious about watching another show involving a queer woc on the CW but the writers have promised their survival! THEY WILL REMAIN ALIVE! REVOLUTIONARY!

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't mind me, I'm not sitting here looking for fanfiction of them. Nope.

I almost can't believe how fast Maggie and Alex owned my heart. Their very first episode together I told them they should make out. The way Alex smiles whenever she gets a call from Maggie. But I never expected it to happen.

This season has been great so far, but those two are definitely my favorite part.

3. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMG! I love Supergirl! I've been loving what they're doing with Alex and Maggie. I don't ship them though. In the comics Maggie is with a hero named Batwoman who is also a lesbian. So I'm hoping she'll stay single so Batwoman can be on the show. I cried when Alex came out to Kara. I'm gonna watch it again!

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm definitely hoping that batwoman would pop up in the series. i definitely don't mind the lgbt representation that dc has been doing lately, with Captain Singh, Maggie and Alex, Nyssa and Sara, Mr Terrific, they're doing a better job than marvel when it comes to this (in my opinion)

5. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    The success of Arrow helped spearhead these current shows. I haven't seen it yet but I plan to. Really liked Flash(watched half of S1) and I will support Supergirl by buying it once I see it at Best Buy.

As far as the comics, LGBT representation has been in DC Comics quite a bit recently. Constantine is bi, Catwoman is bi, Midnighter & Apollo,etc. I'm just happy in general.

6. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh god now I'm conflicted. I'm definitely up for another lesbian character on the show but I ship Maggie and Alex desperately hard. They're just both so precious... and Alex would be so upset... I can't stand seeing my baby upset I would cry.

I'm very happy that all of the comics seem to be trying to outgay each other. Who can be gayer, Marvel or DC?! I'm not hugely into comics but I'm in to gays.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2016 at 03:44 PM ----------

No, me neither, I just *trips over and falls* *hundreds of fics fall out of pockets* uh these aren't mine, I just- *tries to pick some up* *more fall out* shit.

(Also I totally don't know that there's a kinky af Alex/Maggie/Lucy fic that I definitely felt sinful as I bookmarked on AO3, nope.)

Same, tbh. I fell in love with Alex so fast, somewhere between her violent fear of failure, fear of disappointing people, fear of not being good enough and feelings of inadequacy, I relate to her a lot. And I just want her to be happy, goddamn it. And Maggie makes her so happy.

And Maggie is basically a human Puppy. She's traumatised and needs a cuddle but she's so soft and caring and loving and her ex was so mean to her. Maggie Sawyer never deserved to be told those things and it breaks my heart that she seems to believe them because she's so pure and gorgeous and strong.

I have a lot of very gay feelings.

ALSO on a totally unrelated topic

Kara/Lena.

HOW GAY IS LENA FOR KARA. SHE IS SO THIRSTY. GODDAMN.

7. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay has everyone seen the latest episode?

THIS SANVERS SLOW BURN CAN EAT MY ENTIRE ASS. IT IS KILLING ME. I AM IN PHYSICAL PAIN. WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US?!

(I'm joking, of course. I really appriciate the realistic, drawn out story they're giving us. A whole plotline centered on a wlw couple. Amazing.)

Unfortunately, they are also pushing the forced romance of Kara and Morally Corrupt Mayo Boy™ so that's... going to be a total joy to watch unfold, I'm sure! Lena is so fucking thirsty for Kara. Can't we just have Supercorp? Did we not suffer through enough male love interests in Season 1? Pls?

8. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I'm a few days late but

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN MY ENTIRE GAY LIFE

ALEX ACTUALLY STOPPING MID-KISS TO MAKE SURE MAGGIE LIKES HER IS THE MOST RELATABLE THING EVER

I DIED OH MY GOD

I downloaded Coming Home as soon as that episide ended and have been playing it and crying ever since XD

9. ladykiki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am LOVING Alex's storyline, I was ugly crying at her coming out, the way it was written it was as if I could have done it, how Alex described looking. Ack over the years and trying to talk about it without saying it... :tears: I'm 35 and it was so good to see someone close(ish) in age going through the same thing.

I used to watch SG when it was first on but lost track of it around mid season, binged it when I say the gifs on tumblr... I remember watching S1 first time around and wondering if Alex was gay, I dunno, she pinged for me bit style back then. Or maybe it was wishful thinking :badgrin:

10. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God Alex's coming out arc is so incredible and it is so realistic! She's had to come out to different people at different times it's great, and I love seeing it!

I absolutely can't wait for the next episode! It's going to be amazing, and I am going to cry. If only they weren't trying to shove Karamel down our throats all the damn time, I hate their relationship with a burning passion. I think Lena would be so much better for Kara. I will ship Supercorp until I die and if they become canon i swear I will never ask for anything again!!!

11. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am watching Supergirl as I type.

12. Lazuri

Somebody made a show about me?

13. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay I'm back because I need to vent.

Has anyone else seen 2x13 because I've never seen so much bullshit in my entire life.

I should have known better, should have known this was coming because it's a fucking CW show and all they ever include queers for is baiting for higher ratings but this episode really took the piss. It was marketed for so long as being Sanvers Centric and we got. 5 minutes of Sanvers in total. 5 fucking minutes. 5 minutes to explore Maggie and Alex's attitudes towards Valentine's Day, to have Maggie reveal that she actually got kicked out of her house on Valentine's Day as a 14 year old, and have them make up. I am so livid it's incredible.

I just... can't actually believe that we mean so little to the writers that they'll have Maggie disclose her emotional Trauma AND THEN HAVE HER APOLOGISE FOR IT A FEW SCENES LATER! WHO DOES THAT! 'Oh yeah I'm sorry I hate Valentine's Day it's because my parents disowned me for being gay on this day but you deserve better' what the actual hell. I am SO ANGRY they are so insensitive they crammed ALL OF THAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT into such a small space because to them we are literally just the fucking ratings we bring in I swear to god.

And then there's the ship that took up all the time, and I'm livid about that as well. How the FUCK do you have a female Character admonishing a man for being controlling, selfish, manipulative, egotistical, and then FORGIVE HIM AFTER A BULLSHIT FAKE ASS APOLOGY I don't understand what makes them think this is okay what makes them think writing this kind of emotional abuse and passing it off as romantic is okay. This is not okay, it teaches people that if you're persistent and creepy enough the person you're perusing will eventually give in. I'm so mad, S1 Kara would have none of this bullshit.

Basically this whole series is becoming a shitshow and if you're considering watching for the queer rep at this point I wouldn't bother because the CW are queerbaiting motherfuckers who don't care in the slightest about us.