1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Trump claims to be fine with same-sex marriage as law of the land

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Skaros, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I knew it! He was faking being so conservative. I also knew he never really cared enough about LGBT rights to be against them.

GOP President-Elect Donald Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is 'Settled' Law - ABC News

2. Iloveyoubabe

Iloveyoubabe Guest

I agree. I always thought he was seeming more conservative than he really is. This is really great news to hear. So happy!

3. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's certainly reassuring.

The only thing that worries me a bit is his VP, Mike Pence, because he is extremely anti-LGBT. I just hope Trump doesn't get impeached because then we would be stuck with that whackjob!

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Time will tell, since he's gone back and forth on issues like this before. But as SubZero said, Pence is extremely bigoted and his history of supporting conversion therapy is well known--so if he's going to follow that path is up in the air. I still don't trust him.

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with you...totally!!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. AmyBee

How many times has Trump taken about 4 different positions on an issue even in a single statement? Or said one thing blatantly and openly on TV only to jump on Twitter at 3am in the morning and claim he never said it or else he was tricked by Billy Bush or someone? Look, whatever he says to the contrary Pence is running the show. Pence hates LGBTQIA people and Trump's barely interested in actually governing now that he's bumbled his way into the White House. Look for Pence to lead the way on all the social issues.

7. CyclingFan

Marriage has always been a conservative position. It was expressly put forth for its conservatism.

When Trump and the GOP put forth rules about not hitting us, and those rules with teeth..then I will think that the GOP is OK.

---------- Post added 14th Nov 2016 at 01:51 AM ----------

Also, we will see what happens with a GOP senate and house that are all tilting to being against abortion.

Roe and Obergefell are the supreme court decisions that give us the right to abortion and the right to lgbt marriage. Both of these are based on the earlier decision, Griswold v Connecticut which guaranteed the right to contraceptives.

These are the threads upon which modern society rests. The people in charge have expressed hostility to all three.

If lgbt marriage survives, at the expense of what it rests on, it will be a hollow victory.

8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trump may actually believe this (or may not) but there are other issues than same sex marriage, and homophobic Pence will be the most powerful vice president in US history. If something happens to Trump (death or impeachment) he'll be president.

9. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trump doesn't worry me if it were just Trump, he has been a democrat (Liberal) most of his life. He ran on the republican ticket because that was the smart way to beat Clinton, something any shrewd businessman would do. Don't take on the competition until you are big enough to have a good chance at beating them.

Pence is the one the scares me. He is anti LGBTQ, he is racist, bigoted and, he openly supports conversion therapy for LGBTQ people. he thinks it's a decision, a choice and, can be beaten and prayed out of a person. he thinks we can be forced to be straight.

Do you know anyone who endured conversion therapy? I do and, the results are ugly. What that does to a person is unforgivable. You think what we see on the news is abuse and torture - not much compares to what conversion therapy does to a person, except maybe ritual abuse (as is cult driven abuse.)

I know survivors of both, different words, differ rituals, and yes that is what happens in conversion therapy, group ritual, even if they don't call them that. Same results, same damage done, same lifelong struggles that the person never should have had to face. Same shame, lack of understanding and failure of mental health professionals to believe or be able to effectively help these people.

10. DoriaN

11. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I already knew Trump was not completely anti-LGBT. But that's never been my problem with him, my problem with him is his sexism.

12. YeahpIdk

I wouldn't be so quick to chill out - but it may possibly be a hopeful sign. The house is about to be filled with the rightest of the rights. Still have to hold him to his word.

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He has flip-flopped on this, and on damn near every policy issue, at one point or another. And then flipped back again, many times over. He has no consistent stances. You can't trust a word that comes out of his mouth, regardless of whether you like the words or not.

#13 Browncoat, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  14. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You don't say.

15. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trump isn't really the problem. He has surrounded himself with conservatives and Republicans. The House and Senate are Republican. The Supreme Court will soon be Conservative.

16. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I saw Trump being asked the salary question and he acted like he didn't even know what the amount was, my first thought was What a phony. He then shrugged it off like 400 grand was insignificant to him. I wouldn't mind being in that position someday. :lol:

17. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well of course he is! Don't worry guys nothing is going to happen!

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is coming from the same person who said "don't worry Hillary Clinton is going to be the next president." We should be very concerned now....

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually took this as sarcasm. Not sure if anyone else did.

20. I'm_Danni_x

I don't trust or believe this guy anymore than I trust and believe my compulsive lying delusional classmate.