1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News So, Trump, Huh? (What's the General Vibe about this?)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by warrior452, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why are you so obsessed with "convincing" people, SkyWinter? Why do you so badly need other people to validate your opinions? Why do you so badly need others to agree with you? Why do you not exhibit any of these signs of being "willing to change your mind" yet you expect everyone here you interact with to change their minds to match your own views?

If you want more people to agree with you, perhaps you should make your own arguments more convincing, instead of constantly everyone else is unreasonable. Dispense with your petulant attitude and your risible pedestrian pseudo-philosophy. You bring this same spiel into every thread you respond to and why anyone infinitely more reasonable than yourself even gives you the time of day is beyond me.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll just say my "mostly cured" depression returned full fledged with the thought of a racist, sexist tangerine getting nukes and his sidekick, the reincarnated clone of Fred Phelps himself being put in charge of a society that desperately needs education.

I was already planning on moving. If things go downhill and the country turns into the Theocratic States of Saudi America because of it, I'm leaving, medical supplies and passport or not.

I suppose I'm normally a much more reasonable person. But this fear has really brought out the worst in me. I'm just hoping I'm wrong and I won't end up in such a desperate position.

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this. I got a friend who thinks all her friends in America are going to die because of trump :/

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whereas Aussie points out flaws in your argumentations, counters your statements, all you do is claim he is not reasonable. Perhaps it'd help if you try to point out what you think is false, or demonstrate that his way of reasoning is not correct.

Firstly, I honestly hope you're not expecting Aussie to change his mind based on your flawed arguments, that have been shown to be unreasonable.

Secondly, he is perfectly allowed to give his opinion about current international issues. You seem to be surprised why Aussie is commenting on this election. The point is, most people here are talking about it. He can provide valuable input (in my opinion). There are little topics discussing Australia's issues so far and, if there will be, participation will probably be lower because it won't have the same consequences as the presidential election of the U.S.

Lastly, you're saying "Maybe you should worry about your own home and not so much about mine?". You seem to be under the impression that he doesn't worry about his own home. From the posts I've read (belonging to Aussie), this is not true. Though, admittedly, I've been a member for quite some time already (at least for more time than you), so it's okay that you don't know that. However, he is no way required to post his concerns (for reasons stated earlier as well).

5. seeking

I've watched all trumps speeches, rallies, and the presidential debate.

-He has said many things that made me not want to vote for him.
    -He somehow brings about chaos at his rallies. (because he either misrepresents himself or there is some other issue)
    -My family lived in NYC their whole life... HE HAS DONE NOTHING FOR NO ONE IN THAT CITY (which he grew up in.)
    -His businesses are not that great.
    -He never was the middle or lower class. His father gave him a "million dollar loan"...please I rather have a loan with a father than with the bank.
    -All the Presidential Debates he could never clearly form an answer to the question posed...it was filled with too much fillers...with You know, like, that, this, etc. This is a business man should his communication be better.
    -There were various cases against him in NYC for discrimination.
    -He has been known through NYC for being a racist.
    -The News didn't twist his words.. he said what he said and it was used against him.
    -He acts without thinking.
    -He has been caught in lies many times.
    -He has humiliated our president for 8 years... trying to convince the country Barack Obama isn't an American Citizen.
    -He blamed every fail on Mrs.Clinton...a sign he doesn't know how our government functions. (She has had 30 years of experience...why wasn't xyz successful or why wasn't xyz changed..she has failed you)

Now I am not In love with Hillary Clinton...but I at least rather deal with the same Obama administration than take a risk with this man....who has done nothing for our city. And filed more Bankruptcy than an actually successful businessmen does. There are three types of wealth...he falls in the asset and credit line.

Now Hillary Clinton
    -Dealt with public humiliation when her husband cheated on her and then lied to her. Allowing her to call these women liars and attack them when he knew it was true. But, he still allowed her to make a fool of herself.
    -Downfall...many women would think it's odd you stay with this man
    -She had a few scandals... She has been in politics for 30 years. How many of you have been fired in your life time or laid off? Been reported by a customer or a colleague? Been the victim of some accusation or attacks? Made the wrong decisions?
    -At least I know what her actual policies are (whether they are actually truths or just lies)
    -She doesn't facilitate chaos at her rallies or speeches.
    -She actually has practice in Law (what a shock)
    -At least she knows what the job entails (oh yea she was the first lady at one point)
    -She has also not said "It is dangerous for a woman to work"...but Trump has said that.

After the election of Trump
    -The same old crap just oh worst...Violence have increased on the streets out here. It has given an excuse for delinquent Men/Women to attack people. Why? Because he chose to communicate in an improper way.

So yes, I am worried about Trump...not because I am actually scared of him. But scared of what his image instills in our society to now behave the way it does.

I can't be sure what his actually stance is on anything because he hasn't been explicit in my opinion. He has made inappropriate comments that color his character. He contradicts himself in my opinion.

I read his website...but it is his stance...it's not an actual policy. If he presented himself differently, gave better speeches, and didn't act in the reckless aggressive manner he has. I would have voted for him. But, I couldn't vote for someone that I had no clear stance on where he stands.

He is more likely to shoot himself in the foot with the lights on and knowing where the gun is pointing.

The way he presents himself is a threat to peace in our society because it gives the idea to certain people in our society it is okay to act in a violent manner toward someone just because they are someone you do not like.

Then when his speech writers messed up...he blames the speech writer. If you are the leader/the boss the last approval is on you. He didn't read over the speeches.

He has deleted most of his tweets to hide what he has said over the last 2 years or more.

He reacted in a weird Manner when the Orlando Shooting happen. He didn't give out any condolence...he pretty much made a statement that could be summed up into "I TOLD YOU SO!"

A lot to worry about him being the ambassador for our country. He is just as easily able to start a war as much as Clinton (which has been an argument for why some didn't vote for Clinton.)

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has begun already, a mere day after "winning", some back-pedaling on Donald's "Big, beautiful wall" along the border with Mexico.

Angry voters wanted change, but they ain't gonna get it with con-man Donald. In earlier times, when people realized they were taken for suckers, such con-men, or "flim-flam artists" as they were then known, were tarred and feathered. This won't literally happen to Donald, I presume, but disappointed angry voters will be a force to reckon with.

By the way, I once heard somewhere that the easiest people to con were con-artists themselves. It's a too-clever-by-half trap that they regularly fall into. I think Putin is the superior con-man, given he has much more experience using this particular skill-set on his own people. This is, after all, the country that came up with the Potemkin Village. Donald is already in the thrall of his buddy in the Kremlin...imagine that...

#46 greatwhale, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not like Drumpf had an consistent policy promises. He jumped back and forth on everything at some point. Americans essentially gave him a blank check...

8. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The silver lining is that Hillary Clinton lost. She is just a horrible person and I hope she retires from politics permanently after this. I can't believe the Human Rights Campaign actually endorsed her during the primaries. I will not be donating to them again.

9. seeking

He's going to switch up on most of what he said in his campaign...he may even end up realizing changing the laws will not be as easy as he thinks it will be.

I believe he said in his first 100 days he is going to all these things FACT CHECK: Donald Trump's Plan For His First 100 Days As President : NPR

But I heard it is more focus on healthcare, trade (I believe), and immigration. Those are three issues that took longer that 100 days to develop and I don't see him changing much of the policies on it in 100 days (~3.5 months).

I was watching the news and he made a statement that he's going to change xyz, but not give details as to how he will go about it which he has never actually be explicit.

Guess we shall see...I definitely think Putin is a lot smarter than Donald that for sure I know. Plus Putin is not the friendship type of person...he is constantly trying to take over countries that bounder him. As long as I have lived and as long as my family has lived (from a country on the border of Russia)...never saw Putin as really as a team worker for the countries around him. I don't hate Putin honestly....I am just still unsure of what Donald Trump is expecting out of this friendship because...the only way this country and Russia can be an allied is if both the leaders have the same ideals about this alliance...which i am doubtful exist (either on Trumps' or Putin's part)

There are some political sociology theories as to why this is happening. But I won't get too academic boring on here lol.

As for the LGBT....I think when he enters into all these other changes..he's going to have bigger fish to fry than our rights.

That's just my two cent.

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2016 at 02:22 PM ----------

She wasn't perfect that's for sure...and I guess that could be a silver lining. I just rather have dealt with her for 4 years than the uncertainty I feel I am getting from Trump. That's just my own personal feelings.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And...Trump is a better choice? Seriously?

Am I saying Hillary is a saint? Fuck no. But if you're going to say that the bright side of the election is that she lost to someone with no political experience/plan/platform, openly brags about tax evasion, has a VP who believes violent conversion therapy for minors, has called Mexicans rapists (while being one himself), and believes a woman in the workplace is a "dangerous thing" then I don't want to what makes Trump this hero.

11. seeking

My question is....why hasn't he been charged with hate speech? I mean they'll charge a regular everyday person who says 1 hateful speech about a group, but Trump gets away with saying it over and over again in so many different forms.

Where is the logic there? They want to lynch Hillary for mistakes (that I think anyone in politics could end up making or falling prey to.) Even though her speech has never cause hate violence to be a norm...

#51 seeking, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016