1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is going to be the next President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because Trump is also a sexist and racist? Because the LGBT community is not the "gay white MALE" community? Because as a lesbian myself 90% of the homophobia I face is based on misogyny, which he is?

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 04:19 PM ----------

Also Pence could easily become president if Trump dies or gets convicted on his molestation charges. I wouldn't hold your breath.

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let me ask you something, what Trump do you want to see in the next four years? Do you prefer to be right, to see the monster that you imagine that he is? Or do you prefer to discover that you were wrong? We are stuck with Trump, if we were right, people will suffer and the world will be a painful place to live in. I don't want to live in such a world. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and that's what Hillary is doing.

Whether or not the gesture that he made was fake is irrelevant, what matters is that he made it instead of hurting her or acting in anger and hatred. The people who he brought out the worst in will see that gesture and it will have a positive effect. That's why I do appreciate it. I want Trump to be a politician because the alternative is worse. I don't want him to be the monster that I saw him as over the last few months because we will all suffer if I was right.

I don't believe that the people here who support Trump do so because of hatred, if Trump turns out to be the monster that we believed he is, they will also suffer. Ultimately, trying to show them that they are wrong is completely pointless.

What matters is to come together, to create the reality that we want to see by showing kindness and acceptance, to treat others with love and respect and to stop hating and fearing those that are different. To make the world better by example...

(&&&)

#102 Eveline, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  3. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last thing: I'm not here to be talked down to and patronized. Some people on here are being so condescending, treating rightful and genuine fear as a hilarious joke. My Afghan-American friend is literally terrified that she's going to be attacked by a white supremacist Trump supporter. I give a damn about her, not the "dumb SJWs freaking out is hilarious!11!" rhetoric that I keep seeing from Conservatives - not blaming you here in particular, but I am seeing a lot of that, and almost entirely from white men. You want to actually look at the demographics, hardly any non-white people voted for Trump, and now they have to suffer the consequences of the people who did. Whether you're white or not, I don't know, I'm just pointing out the statistics.

Whatever. You voted for a man with no political experience over a woman with decades of it. You voted for a man who has been endorsed by the KKK and has been shown support from neo-Nazis. You have voted for a man who is so, so degrading towards women that yes, I do have a hard time believing that his supporters don't share those beliefs. You voted for a man who wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans out of the US, and you voted for a Vice President who despises LGBTQ+ people. So, to be honest, I really don't care what your excuses are. I care about my friend who is scared for her own life because she's a Muslim from Afghanistan, living in America, and I will never forgive the people who made her frightened like this.

Here's a hint: people aren't just scared of Trump and his policies. They're scared because this is a win for his more violent supporters. You know, like the neo-Nazis I mentioned.

Yes, Hillary wasn't anyone's ideal candidate. The whole damn election was a joke. But at least if she had won, maybe so many minority people wouldn't be fearing for their lives right now.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 04:30 PM ----------

I was talking about Pence, and, here's a link:

Trump will roll back Obama’s LGBT rights protections, Mike Pence confirms · PinkNews

Also, didn't he vote for a bill that would allow police to jail people who even applied for same-sex marriage?

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 04:30 PM ----------

I was talking about Pence, and, here's a link:

Trump will roll back Obama’s LGBT rights protections, Mike Pence confirms · PinkNews

Also, didn't he vote for a bill that would allow police to jail people who even applied for same-sex marriage?

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 04:32 PM ----------

Here: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/04/mike-pence-led-anti-lgbt-backlash-trump

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  5. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are mentally disturbed people in every group. There are mentally disturbed Trump supporters. There are mentally disturbed Hillary supporters. There are mentally disturbed religious people. There are mentally disturbed atheists. etc. Every group has people in it that are dangerous.

Remember the Pulse Nightclub shooting? 49 people died when a guy who pledged loyalty to ISIS committed mass murder. That's scary.

Remember how BLM protestors were ripping innocent people out of their cars and beating them? That's scary.

So are there white supremacists among Trump supporters. Probably. But there were Black Panthers who supported Obama and even gave the black power sign as they were walking out of voting for Obama, but so far, even given some of the BLM violence, the country is safe from rampant gangs of black people beating up everyone they don't like.

As for the number of white people who voted for Trump, well, how many white people voted for Hillary? She might have had a more diverse mix of racial backgrounds supporting her, but that doesn't mean Trump's support must be racist because they were majority white people. In fact it seems racist to judge them as racists based just on their skin color.

6. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no, but I honestly consider Hillary's actual crimes way more serious than Trump's accused crimes.

7. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well goodbye equal rights.

8. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to have to focus right in on the "mentally disturbed" part, I'm sorry, but can we please not blame mentally ill people for this giant fuck up? (Why would mentally ill people vote Republican, anyway, aren't they generally less concerned about mental health?) Not only is that demonizing mentally ill people, it's also taking the blame away from people who are not at all mentally ill, and can think perfectly clearly, and still chose bigotry. They're not a minority at all - or would you say that every single Nazi was "mentally disturbed"?

Yes, I do remember that, but here's the thing: Muslims are speaking out against ISIS all the time, you just don't see it because the media doesn't want you to. I can count on one hand the number of Muslims I know who support ISIS, and that would be me making a 0 with my thumb and forefinger, because none of them do. Meanwhile, please show me all of the Republicans speaking out against violence towards minorities. I'm sure they're there, but I don't see them.
    (As for the BLM, I'll admit I know far less about that.)

Yes, it would be racist to do that. I'm not saying that all Trump supporters are racist, I'm literally white myself. I'm just pointing out that white people have less to fear from a Trump presidency than non-white people, hence, more of them voted for Trump.

9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally do not understand this mindset. I don't care how Trump feels about gay people. I care what he intends to do about us. And frankly this is one of the only issues where he has been pretty clear. During the course of this election cycle he said it would be a good idea to specifically appoint Supreme Court justices to overturn the marriage equality decision. He said that one of the first things he would do when he entered office would be to overturn the executive orders currently in place to prevent discrimination against LGBT people in federal hiring. He supported a bill that declared the right to discriminate against gay people as a fundamental right of Americans. How exactly could he be more clear?

I don't care if he freakin' is gay if he still promises to dismantle all the civil rights advances our community has made in the last 15 years...

10. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, hopefully hysteria goes away with it.

11. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    his official stance is that marriage equality should be something states decide individually. the supreme court disrupted the properly flow of things by passing the bill.

Neither side is particularly right on this because the Supreme Court did cut to the chase(this is something that all states will eventually accept over time) but also the states themselves should have to vote to make the decision. The process is very important but it's also something that makes sense to pass. it's really a stalemate of an issue: expedience vs respect to the democratic procedure.

12. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The point is demanding that people respect Trump when you would not have respected Hillary or don't respect Obama is hypocritical. There is no doubt in my mind that the Trump supporters on this site would be endlessly bashing Hillary if she had won and there would be little call to "rally behind her and support our new president".

13. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would bash her but would respect her supporters' voting rights because everyone has to make their own decisions with what information they had.

I would not call it unfair or a 50 year step back in progress, but I would air my grievances that we're going to have another 4-8 years of typical political corruption and let that be that. I wouldn't challenge her right to rule, unlike some people have been.

The difference is that I don't act like you guys can't because I plan to gloat a bit. I cannot take action while denying the other side a reaction, my values don't permit it.

14. Old Soul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [/QUOTE]
    his official stance is that marriage equality should be something states decide individually. the supreme court disrupted the properly flow of things by passing the bill.

Neither side is particularly right on this because the Supreme Court did cut to the chase(this is something that all states will eventually accept over time) but also the states themselves should have to vote to make the decision. The process is very important but it's also something that makes sense to pass. it's really a stalemate of an issue: expedience vs respect to the democratic procedure.[/QUOTE]

The Supreme Court did their job by interpreting the Constitution. They referred to the Equal Protection Clause in the Fourteenth Amendment in their decision. The amendment limits the actions of any local and state officials, including those acting on behalf of such an official.

15. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Neither side is particularly right on this because the Supreme Court did cut to the chase(this is something that all states will eventually accept over time) but also the states themselves should have to vote to make the decision. The process is very important but it's also something that makes sense to pass. it's really a stalemate of an issue: expedience vs respect to the democratic procedure.[/QUOTE]

The Supreme Court did their job by interpreting the Constitution. They referred to the Equal Protection Clause in the Fourteenth Amendment in their decision. The amendment limits the actions of any local and state officials, including those acting on behalf of such an official.[/QUOTE]

that's a fair stance. but I don't think the stance that the states should be undergoing these changes of their own free will is a poor one either.

16. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, you misunderstood. I'm not blaming anybody. I'm saying every group of people includes those who are prone to violence, but that doesn't mean there is going to be this mass uprising of a mob looking to tear people to shreds.

I don't doubt that there are Muslims who hate ISIS. I never said anything to the contrary.

Why fear a Trump Presidency specifically when Hillary supporters are rioting and chanting death threats? Aggressive violence, wherever it comes from, isn't okay. Trump. Clinton. Whoever. It doesn't matter.

17. Linkmaste

Insurance policy. Jesus what an awful brilliant idea.

Timmies is Canadian lingo for Tim Hortons. It's a coffee shop. Cause you know Canadian things.

18. Old Soul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LGBT Americans shouldn't have to be limited to a certain number of states to live in based on how free they are under the law. That's my main reason for being against states' rights. Also, abolishing slavery would've been impossible if federal law wasn't superior to state law. Same thing with the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.

19. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you're so damned afraid of Pence, then you might want to help dissuade whatever fearmongering activist sorts may wind up agitating for a Trump assassination when they start turning up.

because once some deluded regressive nutter flies off the handle, the chance of him actually coming into power approaches something not quite a conspiracy.

20. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [YOUTUBE]EMux_UHmpvc[/YOUTUBE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.