1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is going to be the next President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everything I'm going to say has probably been said on here already, but I'm going to vent anyways.

I have spent most of this morning sobbing. I did not go to my afternoon/morning classes out of fear. I'm terrified to leave my dorm. I have made plans so that I am not alone when outside my dorm at any point today. While the students on my campus are pretty evenly split when it comes to alignment, that doesn't change the fact that it's a mostly conservative campus, and the fact that Trump won is going to cause absolute hell among the people.

See, it's not even the fact that he's president which leaves me so scared. The president doesn't have complete power, and not everything he says is going to be passed or become law. But he has an advantage of a Republican house and Congress, and I'm scared of that. But despite all this, it's his die hard supporters who am I petrified of. They voted for a man whose VP would rather have me be straight and dead than alive and gay. For a man who brags about sexual assault and mocks those with mental/physical disabilities. It's the supporters who will probably start going out in mobs to attack people and I wouldn't be surprised if a full on lynching movement started up again.

And now, people have the nerve to tell me to calm down. They talk about how we have to love our neighbor and know that everything will be okay when it's really not. People are going to die. I've been told "You'll be fine, you're white passing and nobody can tell you're gay just by looking at you." Fun fact, if I'm recognized, THEY CAN. I got interviewed after voting and said that I was gay casually, because that's what I do, and I've just grown accustomed to saying it. Those reporters took my picture and wrote down my quote saying it was the best one they'd gotten all day. If I'm featured in an article, people who are angry enough might recognize me. Plus, I have four different mental illnesses. What happens if I suddenly lose control in the middle of the street? What happens if I say something while in a broken, panic attack state, that gets me attacked? What if I hold hands with a girl I love, and suddenly we're both at risk of our lives?

I know there's hope but right now I'm just planning for the worst and trying to survive. My goal over the next few weeks will be survival along with protest. I'm just happy Trump didn't win by popular vote, because it gives me at least some hope in the future voting generations.

2. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    and I will laugh in your face when nobody gets hurt except violent rioters.

3. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

"Someone who is reaching out and trying to unify the country."

No. That would be a call for "alliance", which is extremely common in election victories, and even at times considered a gratious gesture. which is completely different from "GUIDANCE" :eek:

which is just so telling of the horrific fraud

... a leadership competition, where the person who was elected to be leader then asks the one who was defeated in the leadership competition to "guide " them.

That is the opposite of leadership. (that would be FOLLOWING)

*gag*

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 02:08 PM ----------

"At least no more defenseless unborn babies will be murdered...."

are you going to feed them?

Because right now all over this country we have kids going hungry. Often more than 1 in 4, or 1 in 3.

We also have an astounding number of homeless children.

So - you gonna pay to take care of the kid?

Or do we all have to watch it suffer, starve, and freeze this winter?

4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually last night when he won he did have the popular vote by a small margin as numbers were still coming in, and even now after it flipped it isn't that much of a difference.

Also, anger leading people to vote isn't necessarily a bad thing. Anger over being lied to isn't bad. Anger over being pushed around isn't bad.

Oh, and actually what American's didn't accept was the nonsense media narrative. Everything they said was going to happen in regards to Trump didn't, and the ones rioting today are the Hillary supporters standing in front of traffic, setting fires, having temper-tantrums, and shouting death threats. For months we've been told that the Trump supporters were a "basket of delorables" yet here we are looking at some very irrational and very dangerous behavior from the people who voted for Hillary Clinton.

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Truthfully, I'm starting to think that Hillary was right when she said to give him a chance. Ultimately, him reaching out to ber after the dust settled is a positive sign, considering a few weeks earlier he threatened to jail her. He is the president, while not someone that many of us ever wanted to see in such a position of power but people are complicated and none of us truly know who he really is. The person we've been watching over the last few months would never have reached out to HRC. That's not the act of someone who sees women as objects and is a complete egomaniac. In other words, we've been presented a narrative that doesn't exactly fit, with this in mind, lets just be patient and see where he takes the country, hopefully things will turn out better than we think. :astonished:

#85 Eveline, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  6. Iloveyoubabe

Iloveyoubabe Guest

I'm honestly not too worried about a Trump win. I don't mind him. I wonder a bit about Pence's policies though, but honestly it's nothing to worry over. Most Trump supporters are fine so I won't get too worried. Life goes on.

7. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you for this graceful and fairly open minded post. I know I'm being an ass about this whole thing, but I am really glad to see there are some folks willing to question the narrative they've been fed.
    plus it gives me an excuse to vomit this link out.
    https://medium.com/@trentlapinski/d...erstand-why-trump-won-5a0cdb13c597#.75xpgkmk6

8. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, SkyWinter!

Hurrah for some logic and common sense.

There was SO much negative rhetoric in this campaign on both sides that it's crazy. And most of it was, literally, unbelievable to anyone who bothered to do a little research beyond the headlines. Does anyone here ACTUALLY believe that the crazy, preposterous rhetoric during this campaign was limited to either side???

Speaking ONLY for myself, I am an American. I am proud to be an American, regardless of who our current President may be. I have served in the military of my Country and even fought in wars that I didn't always believe in for the sake of those at home in the US. To me, bBeing an American is about ideals and values enshrined in our Constitution, but, ultimately, it's about your relationship with your neighbors. What purpose does it serve to have an on-going feud with your neighbors instead of actively trying to get along for your mutual (and your neighborhood's mutual) benefit?

For everyone on this site who threw out "Doom and Gloom" comments following Donald Trump's election, first I would remind you that just as we talk about constantly on this site about how our sexuality is such a minor piece of who we ACTUALLY are as individuals, Politics is are a minor piece of who we are as Americans. Before all of the anti-Trump crowd panics,WHY can't you give him a chance to show his true colors once he actually assumes the mantle of leadership. Believe me, as military officer (who actually knows some of the retired military officers supporting and advising Mr. Trump), when you assume actual responsibility for the lives and well-being of other people - such as the US Armed Forces - it sobers you and changes you in subtle, but profound ways.

So, I would simply ask that you corral your irrational fears. Give the guy a chance. If you don't like a stance he takes, fight it in the manner that our wonderful Republic provides to let your voice be heard. Ultimately, respect our Constitution. It was written by some very intelligent and thoughtful men over 200 years ago. It isn't broken. It was actually written to support changes of political orientations like this, which are a staple of our historical political life in the US.

My 2cents.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 05:51 PM ----------

Additional support for Eveline and what Reflect Manta posted!:slight_smile:

9. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

"But despite all this, it's his die hard supporters who am I petrified of."

I feel it too.

It doesn't even have to be die hards, or his supporters...

the fact is, this situation is now a license to hate. And an invitation for hate violence

and no, i have no idea why some people think that is in any way false speculation.

Fact is it started awhile ago . And will not stop now. This is how thing work

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...cker-as-he-beats-hispanic-man-muslim-student/

Police: Man who beat homeless Mexican said 'Trump was right' | PBS NewsHour

etc.

clue up

oh and if they come by me, I'll happily direct them to you guys who deny the problem. I will happily introduce you to your fellow trump supporters.

10. DoriaN

Results as expected. The shock and drama to the election is hillaryious. Another one in the books.

#90 DoriaN, Nov 9, 2016
  11. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

"‘Trump! Trump! Trump!’ attacker allegedly yelled as he beat Hispanic man, Muslim student"

12. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL!!! Great one, DoriaN! Wonderful insert of light-hearted humor!:grin:

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 05:56 PM ----------

And, the unsupported rhetoric continues.

Personally, I prefer to live in the real world.

13. cherrifox

Out Status:
    A few people
    He was clearly just going through the motions and trying to look nice and respectable, just like any other worthless politician.

No, I sure as hell am not going to forget what he, Pence, or much of his party have said or done. They completely cast aside millions of people belonging to minorities in a campaign full of racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia in an effort to appease to hate, and as expected, they expect the people they completely trampled on to just forget about that and support them without taking any responsibility for what was said.

Obviously I know a lot of Trump supporters don't share those views. I also know many Trump supporters voted out of genuine fear of what type of literal death and destruction Hillary could potentially cause. I fear the same things about Trump. I just hope he isn't the direct cause for anything tragic in the next few years.

14. Herbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, the plurality voted for Clinton. He just won our fucked up electoral college system.

15. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps from YOUR point of view. From mine, he was reaching out to help reunite this divided country.

Why are people on this site putting so much emphasis on Pence? I love his conservative political and economic values. I HATE his conservative social views. No one is perfect. Historically, Vice Presidents have little impact on the political scene - they are given nit-noy issues to promote. Regardless of how significant of a role Pence may play in the first Trump Presidency, at the end of the day, Trump is the President and anything that comes out of the White House will be assumed to be HIS view. On LGBTQ, he is very moderate.

#95 Quantumreality, Nov 9, 2016
  16. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you just can't help denigrating them with a canned laundry list of insulting adjectives, can you?
    Just to check, why do you think anything less than the majority perspective on something should affect the result of a democratic election process?

17. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, if we are speaking of what the people, then as of now, by a very narrow margin, they chose Hillary. Interestingly enough, Trump called the electoral college a "disaster" in 2012 in reference to that year's election.

As to all the calls for "give him a chance" and "let's support our new president", noble, but would you be saying the same thing if Clinton had won? Would the people who said "lock her up" be saying the same thing? Are you respectful of our current president, Barack Obama, no matter how much you disagree with him? These are genuine questions I am wondering the answers to.

18. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean, it's your opinion and I'm not going to start an abortion debate, but unless you have a womb, your opinion on abortion simply isn't relevant, just like my opinion on male circumcision isn't relevant.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 04:03 PM ----------

Also I can't believe that a rotten satsuma in a toupee now gets to dictate women's bodies as well as LGBTQ+ rights. Who won today, really?

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 04:03 PM ----------

*Cis women, sorry.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 04:10 PM ----------

Alright, but: "no one is perfect" is something you say when somebody accidentally breaks your favourite vase. Not when somebody is an aggressive homophobe.

And maybe I don't live in America, but I have friends who do, and they're terrified. Half of what I'm feeling is on behalf of them.

19. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed, Trump is just a salesman, Pence is downright dangerous. Pence let's his regions believe overrule reality. Look at his views on climate change, evolution and reparative therapy. Never mind LGBT community, this guy could see himself as God's instruments for starting Armageddon.:help:

20. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally a fair comment. Prove to me that Trump is a homophobe. He's not, of course. Pense - who knows for sure, but the reality is that Trump is the President and NOT Pence. So why are we playing 'what if' games?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.