1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is going to be the next President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Agreed. RG, I don't think I've ever disagreed with a political stance you've made. RainbowGreen2016. Better yet, Green/Wolf2016.

2. BoundBottom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This reminds me of when Ronald Reagan was running. The know nothings and naysayers said he would mash the button and cause this country to be at war with every other country. Heck, the news tried to play him off as a bumbling idiot. And in spite of what he did to us Class III gun owners, we still think of him as a great leader, because he was. Btw, Ronald Reagan isn't the only one who those who are ignorant of the truth have attempted to stop. Remember Harry Truman. They were so sure he would loose that they set the printed the newspapers that Dewey had won.

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha, that seems surprising because I don't have the most popular opinions on a lot of things :lol:

4. AlamoCity

For what it's worth, it's not Cruz. Hopefully this election and results will make Cruz an unviable candidate for decades to come. I'm sure he was hoping Clinton would win to come back in 2020, but now he'd have to wait till at least 2024. Hopefully, he'll always be the bridesmaid, never the bride.

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know, I really do hate existing sometimes. It's a shame I can't just go into cryogenic stasis and say "Screw it, I'll be back in four years."

But yeah, at least it's not Cruz I suppose. Even if the orange megalomaniac doesn't start world war 3 Pence seems to fit "Lawful Evil" to a T.

6. Jellal

Passing this on. I believe in dialogue and listening to other's opinions. It's easy to become an echo chamber and only surround yourself with people who agree with you constantly.

7. photoguy93

One of my biggest issues so far is that he actually seemed sane and humble last night. That was far from how he was during this whole election. I am bugged because that's dishonest, yet they bitched about HRC the whole time.

I know that not every Trump supporter is a raging bigot. However, statistically, it's uneducated white men.... the numbers aren't in our favor here.

Trump himself isn't the worst person to walk the planet - it's everyone else that's up in air. Pence is bad. Whomever Trump puts in his cabinet could be just as bad. At least with Clinton, the odds were a little better.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really make a big difference. As Obama said, the sun will rise each day and we keep moving on.

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a very sad day for America. Pence is the worst problem behind this. If he takes over, our rights will go back 100+ years.

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think we will be okay. I think it's ridiculous that other countries keep saying America is stupid because of the candidates 'we' chose. I didn't participate in any of it, except for the official election; and I chose the Green Party. I knew Jill didn't have a chance. But at least it helped people see that there are other options. I never knew there were other options until last year (probably because I never really paid attention to politics).

#69 Anthemic, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  10. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just figured Trump probably wouldn't care about the Paris climate deal. Ugh. Then there's the topic of same-sex marriage, abortion, gun laws. Ugh.

11. ABeautifulMind

We could have had Bernie... Instead we have the apocalypse :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Whoever said the next DNC will be from the Warren/Sanders wing of the DNC, you were absolutely right. I am personally hoping Bernie will get his turn... But it will be harder for him to be an incumbent Trump...

Whoever talked about Trump destroying the progress made for LGBT rights, was also unfortunately right... Pence will be making all of his policy (go google the offer he made Kasich about policy decisions when he was VP shopping...)

Pence is worse than Trump lol, though I doubt most people even realize that..

12. Linkmaste

No I realize that awhile ago. The next worse thing is if Trump gets assassinated and Pence gets president. Total. Chaos.

13. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Your vice president is....fucked up.

14. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

"No I realize that awhile ago. The next worse thing is if Trump gets assassinated and Pence gets president. Total. Chaos. "

HAHAHA Trump's life insurance policy. HAHAHAHA. I remember when george bush had the exact same life insurance - VP DAN QUAYLE! HAHAHAHAHA . such a smooth move

"Trump had better provide it now that the very real responsibility of being President is his, assuming he remembers what those things are."

He'd have to have known what they were in the first place , to remember them. EXTREMELY dubious

i mean - what elected leader asks his defeated opponent for "guidance" in a victory speech :confused: :roflmao: :eusa_doh:

" By the way, along with the he polar bear rides, you get a lifetimes supply of Timmies."

Ok, what's a Timmie? And stop teasing a tell me when I get to move to Canada :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

"MIKE PENCE, WHO SUPPORTS CONVERSION THERAPY MORE THAN ANYTHING, IS GOING TO BE OUR VICE PRESIDENT"

dont worry - this was just a political move. Like being super pro -death penalty - all for show to attract a certain type of voter. "I'm hard on death penalty issues" "i'm hard on the gay issue" its just pomp and circumstance, drama and posturing. This has been the wave of the religious right for over a decade - he's just trying to catch the wave.

That being said - i am officially requesting people post the best they have on info on conversion therapy - articles, videos, whatever, because I've been starting an info stash for educational purposes because so many young people or completely gay ignorant people ("gay? we dont' say that word out loud where i'm from. Whats conversion therapy? huh?") keep asking an need to be educated . THANKS!!!

so - since i'm disabled and dependent on the government - how am I going to get through this? get me through this guys :frowning2: :tears:

(&&&)

15. DAXIII

I'm over the moon from this, praise Izanami.

16. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  17. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone who is reaching out and trying to unify the country.

18. Guff

At least no more defenseless unborn babies will be murdered....
    Yes this opinion is going to be EXTREMELY HATED ON here. But I'd rather lose marriage rights than have even 1 unborn child die...
    Plus his healthcare policies aren't terrible. His foreign policies are way over the top though...

I personally thought there would be good and bad regardless of who won.. May as well be optimistic and focus on the good.

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the very least, we can take solace in the fact that Trump failed to win the popular vote. Anger in the right places translated into victory, rather than an clear vote of the people.

Acknowledging his right to govern will be important though - it will distinguish Democratic opposition from Republican obstruction. It will show Democrats to respect liberal democratic tradition and constitutional convention. It will help the United States be stable when its president will be anything but.

We were clearly wrong to think that being a liar, a braggart, a misogynist and a racist were disqualifiers. But a majority of the American people clearly didn't accept that - it's now time to make sure that in 2018 and 2020, the Democrats can regain the trust of the disaffected in places like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Ohio.

20. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah.... You know the idea of getting married one day was nice while it lasted though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.