1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to respond to being kissed if unsure of sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shasta, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I highly doubt this will happen, but what if the person I'm interested in were to kiss me to see how would respond whawould I do?:icon_redf:icon_red. I would know what to do

2. Ryler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Are you talking about on the cheeks or on the lips? If you're interested in someone and they make the first move to kiss you, there is a strong chance that they like you, so that's a good sign! Although, it might also just be a friendly kiss on the cheeks and nothing else is meant from it. People normally don't kiss somebody just to "test" them out unless they like the person, at least not in my experience.

I know I've read a couple of your posts which says you're still in the closet, which is fine. Don't let anybody do anything to you that you're not comfortable with yet. It's usually obvious when someone is going in for a kiss, so tell them you're uncomfortable if you don't feel up to it. But if you're okay with it and you really like the person, then I'd say go with the flow and see how you feel about it. Many people kiss to experiment, so I don't think you'd be outed before you're ready if you did kiss back.

3. Civiel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kiss back, definitely. It is no shame in trying if you really do like the person. However, if you don't like the person back or if it makes you uncomfortable you should tell them. Not everyone is ready for a kiss either. I have been with my gf on and off for a while and she is pretty uncomfortable with very romantic/sexual affection like that because she isn't out yet either. So just go with the flow and remember to listen to yourself. If you want to kiss them, kiss them. If you don't feel ready yet, then tell them no. They will understand I am sure.

4. Brytaleith

Freak out, let your secret ninja skills kick in, and have the person in a lethal chokehold before either of you realise it.

That is, if your aversions to saliva and close contact with people is stronger than your curiosity.

Other options include standing really still until the kiss is over, and kissing back. The latter is more likely to leave both of you confused.

5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why are you thinking about this? Kiss back and that's how you know what you want. You'll feel something or you won't.

6. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just do what feels right or good in the moment and see where that leads you.

7. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was worried that she would kiss me to mess with my head. But that were to happen I would tell I'm not ready because I have to figure some things how out

8. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If the kids feels right, meaning if it gives you thrill then your body will respond to the in the same way. Do not overthink. If you do this, you will miss a good opportunity. A kiss from someone u like doesn't happen all the time so go for it and enjoy it.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 12:57 PM ----------

Correction: kiss