1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonybg, Nov 7, 2016.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Do you think God has really forbidden people from engaging in same-sex relationships? Or is it just a wrong reading of the Bible? I always thought God loved every living creature. If He makes no mistakes, then there's nothing wrong with being who you are and doing what you love, right? I personally stopped believing in Him because of some other quite brutal passages I've come across that are pretty straightforward in meaning and can't be read differently. But if God is really that hateful, then I prefer believe in Him.
    After doing some researching, I found out I'm agnostic - I do believe in the existence of a great power that's responsible for the creation of the Universe. I just think people around the World call it different names based on their surroundings and traditions but to me, there's only one Great power that's in charge of everything.

Are you religious? What's your opinion on that?

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do believe in God. I believe that there is a possibility that the Bible was translated somewhat incorrectly. Think about it... The Bible was first written in a Semitic language that only had 22 letters in the alphabet. I've noticed that when I try to have my Latin friends translate things for me from Spanish to English, even they aren't able to translate 100% of the message correctly; and they are fluent in both Spanish and English. That makes me wonder if maybe the Bible was translated incorrectly, and maybe to appease the translators. I mean, how do we know people who were strictly heterosexual didn't translate the Bible to their own standards? How can I feel so much love for someone of the same sex and it not be okay? I would sacrifice everything I have for someone I love. If that's not love in its purest form, then I don't know what is.

I have prayed many times for God to lead me in the right direction of salvation and to keep me away from evil. To this day, I no longer feel guilty about my orientation (except when it comes to my conservative family). I have asked countless times for God to send me a sign for many different things. 90% of the time, He delivers, and I just cannot think that it is purely consequence. Every single human being has doubts about His existence. No human alive can be 100% sure. We are imperfect beings. We base facts off of what we see. So of course we will have our doubts. What matters is that you remain open-minded, pray when you can, and trust in the possibility of Him.

3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm agnostic myself too. The only thing I've ever asked from God was to tell me whether being gay is a sin or not. To this day it never happened, and I've made that request years ago. So I'm just trying to live my life as kind to others as possible and do my hardest in changing the world for the better. Pretty average I guess, but I've never considered myself special in the first place.

4. BookWriter1994

I believe in God. I went to church with family friends growing up. Haven't been to a church since I moved back to the states. Wouldn't mind going though but I do live in the south and I want to find a church that is accepting of my bisexuality

5. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm agnostic. Basically I don't know if there is a God or if there is a correct religion and I don't want to spend my life believing in something that may not be true. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't personally want to devote my life or beliefs to something I don't know as being true.

#5 kibou97, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  6. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pfft No, I'm an atheist lol.

7. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    despite going to a church of england primary school and then a catholic high school, no i dont, personally all i see is an endless void. sure, its ingrained in me, theres a little part that questions it as ive been told theres a god and thats all there is to it since i was 4 (when i started primary school). but since i cant see a god, or acts of god, theres no proof, so it just cant be real to me, im very literal minded, so i see literally whats right infront of me

8. Sen1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe that there is a being who created all of this. I believe that everything comes from something, therefore someone had to have started it all. The universe is too intricate to have just come about for no reason. Do I believe that there is a big bearded man in the sky? Not really. Do I, for the sake of simplicity, call this 'being' God? Yes.

9. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    no, there's a thing called science and reason. why would you?

10. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, mom used to take me to church when I was young but I never really bought into it. I prayed one time when I was around 6 YO.

Look at the world around us, the terrible things that happen to innocent people. there is no god.

IF and thats a big IF there is a god then it is no god that I would ever worship.

11. guitar

I don't believe in God - certainly not a personal one anyways. I knew I was an atheist before I knew I was gay.

12. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

People have created a human-like appearance for God so He can be easier for us to understand. It's hard to imagine Him being something else. Is it proven that God is a bearded old man, though? 'He' could be anything.
    I think bad things happens for the sake of balance. I guess that's why good and bad go hand in hand. Even though I question His judgement, that's the only logical explanation I can think of. And yes, I do believe that that thing called 'God' exists, so thinking that there's no God is not an option for me.

13. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol! Pretty much. I don't know why people tend to think of God as a big bearded man with white hair. Ever since I was small, I always pictured Him to look like my grandmother's second husband. He was more of a grandfather to me than my real grandfather (on my mom's side). I think it's because he was my idol when I was young. People tend to have a hard time viewing something that talks, as just a sky. I think it's human nature to imagine a human form.

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2016 at 12:31 PM ----------

Likewise. It's just not an option for me. I've seen more proof of His existence, than not.

14. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do believe in God. I'm not the church going type though.

15. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in any deity. I'm not spiritual at all either. To me there's just not enough evidence to believe in a deity.

16. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do believe in God. I believe that if I continue to believe in Christ and his Gospel that I will be saved. :slight_smile:

17. Flowey

I don't believe in biblical god and if he did exist, I wouldn't like him. He's supposed to be this all-knowing being then he should know about the whole homosexuality thing being misinterpreted for thousands of years. Then why didn't he simply add a protective clause for LGBT?? None of this second-guess crap would ever happen in the first place! So either the Bible is interpreted correctly and god's morals are different than ours or he's just a flawed being who can make unduly oversights.

18. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in destiny. Maybe I believe a little in God, just because he has a name, so when something bad happens, you can call him. But other than that I just think somebody is watching over us.

What I don't like is that a lot of people say, that being gay is a sin... So I'm asking myself if God thinks so too or if finding the "perfect one" is minimising this "sin"... Who knows ^^

19. Gabri3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm agnostic when it comes to religion. My biggest issue is having faith in something that isn't exactly confirmed or denied by facts, kinda deal. That, and how much from the book is actual fact versus folktale fiction? I'm just waiting for an experience or something of the sort to make me believe otherwise.

20. UmaMae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I absolutely do. I never was christian, never will be, raised in an atheist family.

I think the divine is everything that exists, all of it in every facet. Personal deitys are a reflection of peoples minds in the infinity of existence. but they are all true. i imagine this as an infinite ocean, which is the base of everything. and a humans mind can give it form, it can cristallize it to a form, like a statue. these are the gods and goddesses through history. different faces, but they are consisting of the same unchangeable substance. the truth behind it all is the very core of our being. and that i may call god. it has no name, it has no face, maybe its just the creative potential.