1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deathly Afraid of a Trump President

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Geek, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, that's kind of obvious really. It's a matter of what issues are important to you.. For instance, I really care about green energy. A candidate who says "global warming is not of my concern and I am not going to invest in renewables" is not a candidate I'd be voting for. Such a statement puts the candidate off the list. Yet, to someone else, climate change (and renewables) may be unimportant.. He or she will not care about that statement.

Some people really dislike Hillary's tax plan (e.g. don't increase it, lower it!). If that's very important to you, it may be a reason to vote for Trump instead.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just because the only LGBT people you've encountered are white gay men doesn't mean all of them his LGBT supporters are. I definitely agree that he's misogynist and racist, but not everyone agrees or they might still see him as a lesser of two evils regardless, I think it's ignoring quite a bit of nuance to say there aren't lesbians/black people/trans people who support him.

Also, Trump wasn't convicted of rape, he was just accused.
    -------
    Yeah. I hate supporting Hillary, but Trump is so, incredibly unqualified (and Mike Pence is super homophobic, which really concerns me if Trump dies in office). Johnson seems really ignorant, so I have nothing to gain from supporting him anymore. It sucks to support someone who goes against all of my beliefs, but they both do and Hillary would definitely cause less problems. Don't understand why Trump would be concerning for you as an atheist.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Couldn't Americans choose much better candidates? I think the whole world should be allowed to vote for the American president (unless American stops messing with the rest of the world, of course).

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because of his misogyny. It's going to cause problems, I mean, he straight out said that women deserve to have their genitals grabbed, and has promoted dangerous rape culture/sexist views. Yes, I know Hillary has also done so in the past as well. But most of the biggest problems about her have happened decades ago, where as Trump I feel has more power over women in the present.

Hillary has been a flip-flopper, I get that. But if she wants democrat votes, she's going to have to do what we want as president regardless of how she feels about it, and I feel a bit safer to have someone "do what we want to get votes" as long as we get what we want in the end. Trump may have been more supportive of gay marriage in the past, but he will probably go against it/illegalize it anyway just for the republican votes.

Plus, I only hear people support him for "same-sex marriage". I don't give a fuck about marriage rights personally, and I know that's controversial, but I'm gonna say it. No, I'm not against marriage equality. But marriage is just a social construct, It's a piece of paper, It's meaningless to me. I don't even want to get married, but I still suffer from homophobic and misogynist discrimination daily, most of that being because I'm a woman (as lesbian homophobia is intertwined with misogyny). If marriage is what people really concern themselves with in this community, they have a lot of privileges they are taking for granted. Again, I don't want to get married, but there are still issues that affect me and issues I am scared of.

It's not that I think Hillary is great or that she's without her flaws. I just feel she doesn't have as much power to ruin our country and minority rights as Trump does. Truthfully, I'm not really her fan, and I'd rather had voted for Bernie. The only reason I'm voting for her is because I'd remove my right leg to remove Trump from office.

#24 Creativemind, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  5. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm concerned about both of them and I know there will never be enough people voting third party to elect a third party candidate, given the way our society is being treated.

6. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like either realistic choice, it feels like I have to choose between Satan and the Devil. Six of one, half dozen of another.

Either is not going to be good for this country. Getting more and more tempting to emigrate to another country because either way, this one is in trouble for the next four years at least, maybe longer, depending on who the new Supreme court justices are.

7. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    They they could've but the Democratic primary rigged the primaries in favor of Clinton and also used propaganda to get people to vote for her (super delegates, "more electable" - which is B.S., etc)

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I'm on another forum, and it's crazy how popular Trump has gotten, along with the alt-right in general. Sometimes I wonder what it looks like from the outside! Politics is a charade, a circus.

Trump seems like controlled opposition. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe elections are predetermined. Best case scenario: the elites have decided either way to benefit from whomever gets in. They're all buddies behind closed doors.

9. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nailed it.

10. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't even live in US, and I'm also afraid of him becoming your new president...
    Hopefully, it turns out better than everyone thinks...

11. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm afraid of either Clinton or Trump which is a shame the choices we're left with that could win. Either of them could start a WW3. As far as nukes, there's a checks and balances system so neither would have free reigns to do what they want. Hillary I could see getting along with Republicans in office better than Trump. I mean I've heard the Bushes are voting for her which says a lot. Vote who you want it's fine.

I'd be terrified with Pence or Cruz. Don't think Kaine is pro-choice which I have a problem with but he ain't advocating for a Christian theocracy or for "traditional marriage" to return. This political cycle sucks so much I just await pokemon more than anything this month. Gotta focus on the positives.

12. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really follow politics except for when my brother talks about it, but didn't Hillary give out our nuclear response time? I'm afraid if she gets elected, we'll be heading right into World War 3.

#32 Blood Elf, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've been correctly predicting every US presidential election since 1996, even before I could legally vote. My father got mad at me when I told him Bill Clinton was going to win reelection. I told my dad that it was just my opinion of who was going to win, not who I wanted to win. The 04 election was really frustrating, because I knew Bush was going to win even though I didn't vote for him. :frowning2:

---------- Post added 2nd Nov 2016 at 04:43 PM ----------

What do you mean "bring back? Where did it go in the US, on a national level? Conversion therapy for minors is still legal in 45 states the last time I checked.

Movement Advancement Project | Conversion Therapy Laws

15. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It surprising how many people prefer Hilary to Trump and see Trump as this guy who is going to blow up the world when Hillary voted to invade Iraq, which means Hillary voted to blow up innocent men, women, and children.

She also called Robert Byrd, a member of the KKK her "mentor".

Bill Clinton also admitted recently that immigration is about bringing in new tax payers. The Clintons have no love of refugees except as tools.

She is far more dangerous than Trump. I shouldn't have to tell any gay/bi/trans person what will happen if Muslims, the most conservative group on Earth, start flooding into western society. They aren't going to integrate. They aren't going to stop thinking gay/bi/trans people should be killed. Voting for Hillary is going to tremendously set us back and put us in tremendous danger.

Doesn't anyone remember the nightclub shooter? He could have chose anywhere but he chose a gay nightclub. Why?

Seriously, Trump might not be the best candidate ever, but if you're voting for Hillary then you are voting for someone incredibly dangerous to minorities.

16. TanMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally didn't vote in the primaries, but after he won, I began to like him. If you put aside being LGBT and his SCOTUS picks regarding marriage equality, etc, I think he would be good for the US. However, being LGBT, he scares me to death. Not only that, but his running mate scares me even worse. The reason I say I liked him, was because I wasn't fully out to myself and being okay with being gay. Now I fully accept myself, and a trump presidency scares me.

If I wasn't LGBT, my vote would go for trump. Now that I identify within the LGBT community, I have to say my vote is for Hillary Clinton. However, this doesn't mean I support her and like her, it's just that at this moment in time, the Democratic Party aligns more with LGBT rights, etc. I do consider myself more conservative, but LGBT right are at a total risk this election.

17. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The conclusion you're drawing is incorrect. You say "which means Hillary voted to blow up innocent men, women, and children". This is simply untrue. She did not vote for that. You're twisting her vote (yes to the war) to a vote to blow up innocent people.

I'm not approving of her vote at all, but what you're saying right now is simply not fully correct.

I think you're correct here. I recall seeing a video about this.

Whereas the first statement may be true (I've not heard of it, so I don't know), the second sentence is simply your opinion on the matter here. You don't know if they have "no love" for refugees. On the contrary, if you take Clinton's word for it, she was devasted by the picture of the little boy. I'd say there is some love towards refugees from her side.

Moreover, there is evidence that immigration can in fact help the economy. I don't see anything wrong with Bill Clinton's statement from an economical perspective. For a country, the benefit of immigration is obviously getting money. If Bill Clinton said that, then I don't see how that is interesting.

You're lumping all Muslims together and branding them as the most conservative group on Earth? Really? No distinction in the various branches? Surely this is of importance, one can be talking about Wahhabism, but some other person may be talking about the Ahmadiyya branche. Don't lump all Muslims together, it really looks kind of silly.

You have some bold statements about Muslims "not going to integrate". Even about what they are thinking.. You know, there are in fact gay Muslims. I don't think they'd be thinking that gays should be killed. You can even look into statistics about whether Muslims want LGBT people to be killed. Surely the number saying "kill them" will not be 100%.

You also seem to be thinking that Muslims will be flooding America.. Like, really? Do you know how many Hillary wants to let in? Not only in absolutes, also in relative numbers (relative to the population of the United States)?

Then you illustrate your point with some empirical case, which doesn't prove anything, nor does it add anything to the discussion. Loons are everywhere. They may or may not have reasons for their actions. "My Grandma who smokes 12 cigarettes a day since she's 16 is still alive", therefore smoking isn't so bad? Illustrating your point by means of one example is, ehm, not going to make the point any more convincing.

-

I get that Hillary is not your cup of tea, but some of the things you're saying or implying do not hold (much) ground.

18. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, this I have to respond to. Here's the funny thing: Half of all Americans flip-flopped on gay marriage. We went from 12% support when I was born in 1995 to over 60% support today. Hillary Clinton wasn't unlike any other Democratic politician who took a few years to warm up to gay marriage.

Second, Donald Trump does not, never hasn't, and never will be gay-friendly. His pledge to appoint conservative activist judges to the court could very well put the Obergefell ruling in jeopardy.

19. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let me ask you this. What benefits the LGBT community? Less freedom or more? In a completely free society two gay people getting married isn't an issue. It's only in a society that isn't free that two gay people getting married is a problem. So the goal of all LGBT people should be maximum freedom. How free are you going to be when the Democrats import foreigners from LGBT hostile areas to increase their voting block? Do you think that's good for the LGBT community?

A vote for Hillary is literally a vote to go back into the closet. She and her husband despise black people, she praises KKK clansmen, she votes to blow up countries that didn't attack us.

Hillary is incredibly dangerous and no one should be voting for her. Especially not the LGBT community.

20. Psaurus918

Yes. At least I'm old enough to move out of the US if he wins the election.

Also I'm honestly scared of what will happen if he loses. His supporters are absolutely insane, some of the stuff I've seen written by his supporters is absolutely disgusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.