1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News With 11 days to go... FBI re-opens Clinton investigation to review new emails

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Oct 28, 2016.

1. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is out fairly recently and it's growing.

Kudos for that one :eusa_clap

2. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That settles it i'm moving to Canada

3. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why? The Democratic nominee for President just BROKE ANOTHER GLASS CEILING! First nominee of a major party to be investigated twice by the FBI.

Mind you, the best bit is that it was Huma's Weiner who led up the investigation.

#3 A Republican, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wonder why re-open the case now? That seems suspect to me. Like, is the implication that she is being held accountable therefore vote for Hillary? If she is guilty, what would it matter if that happened after the election? The answer is it wouldn't. While she should be held responsible I call shenanigans on the timing.

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my honest opinion, I think Comey was pressured into saying she was not guilty the first time. Now I think he's being pressured to re-investigate. I hope he does the right thing this time.

#5 Anthemic, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  6. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it does need to happen, and be honest this time but, the timing is lousy. Still better now than have to impeach her later.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This almost makes me regret voting Jill Stein over Trump. Alas, my ballot has been cast.

---------- Post added 28th Oct 2016 at 10:13 PM ----------

This almost makes me regret voting Jill Stein over Trump. Alas, my ballot has been cast.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it's time to go to the bomb shelter, since dipshit Trump is going to have fun pressing the red button.

9. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're from California so we'll forgive you.

There have been recent revelations by Wikileaks that the Clinton campaign gave a sizeable donation to the FBI official's wife's political campaign but my personal theory is that they know he'll win and are trying to run some damage-control now before they are investigated themselves by a Trump administration after Wikileaks revealed some ulterior motives.

10. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Exactly. Julian Assange said he was going to be dropping bombshells before the election. He might not be most people's favorite person, but he has been very clear and honest with his intentions. Plus the fact that if Hilary gets elected, he will most likely be killed or die under suspicious circumstances if she is elected. I believe this also has to do with the Anthony Wiener email that shows that the Clinton staff running the servers knew it had been attacked (they had to shut it down for a short period because of the attack according to the email) and Hillary lied about it under oath. (effectively committing perjury)

The stupid criminal Hilary poked the wrong bear in the ass when she made comments about taking him out with a drone and has her campaign manager saying someone should put a bullet in his head. He has too many connections to hackers to pull her dirty laundry into the limelight, and he just laid down the first in a series of new leaks about to be released. Stay tuned, he has more waiting to be released. :icon_wink

On another note, is anyone aware what happens if a presidential elect is forced to concede the presidency before being sworn in? I don't believe the U.S. constitution has provisions for whether the second place candidate or the VP elect gets the presidency in that case...

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hillary Clinton's Emails: The Real Reason the FBI Is Reviewing More of Them

The article above spells it out, and most of the news media realizes they've been duped, yet again, by the GOP's disinformation machine. Comey, who sent the letter, is a Republican political hack desperate to appease his GOP bosses.

The current issue has nothing to do with emails Clinton sent or received, with emails on her server, with deletion of anything. It's all BS. And the investigation hasn't been 'reopened' either.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

12. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As far as I know, the VP gets appointed President but this has never happened before (hence many glass ceilings broken) but I don't think you need to worry about it. She won't be the one winning.

Despite your dismissive ''move along folks'' for ulterior motives, the emails indicate that Huma Abedin (who knew Clinton's private server password) has greater security and power than any other former chief-of-staff and this is worrying given that Huma Abedin has ties to Saudi Arabia and also to the Muslim World League, which Hillary Clinton has herself accused in 2009 of funding terrorism.

Huma Abedin has been a very low-profile figure in this election except briefly when the whole Weiner sexting scandal but she has also revealed inadvertently how dangerous a Hillary vote would be. You can dismiss it as right-wing conspiracy or ridicule it's source, but you also can't talk about the actual content and dismiss it as false. Hey, that rhymes!

Hillary Clinton's History: How Huma Abedin Went from Intern to Top Adviser - Breitbart

After 9/11, Saudis Had Huma Abedin-Connected Group Removed from Terror List

On September 11, Huma Abedin Worked For Hillary Clinton and Saudi Charity Suspected of Terror Funding - Breitbart

Memo: Clinton State Department Thought Huma Abedin-Connected Saudi Group Funded Terror - Breitbart

28 Pages Suggest Huma-Connected Group Funded Terrorism - Breitbart

Hillary Clinton's Top Aide Huma Abedin Published Articles that Blamed USA for 911, Blamed Women For Violence - Breitbart

There is a ton of proof from varied sources as to why Clinton is unqualified for the Presidency and she also has a track record of compromising national security, which she also did in the last debate after she was flustered. There is plenty to see here folks, unless of course you are indifferent to corruption and security risks, which I'm starting to realize during my brief time here is probably the case with the majority. The increasing corruption being masqueraded as diversity, pride and kindness is being exposed to it, but some people just don't seem to get it, or they don't want to.

13. AlamoCity

And where are you from? A US service member stationed in Italy? A US expatriate? An Italian? :lol:

14. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :lol: No need for anything rash at this point. The presidential election at this point is pretty much over. The only unknown is if any Senate or Congressional candidates can ride Clinton's coattails. Even if there actually were something to this story, (which there isn't) there are a few people who care about this latest issue. The average American voter who isn't part of a group on one side or the other does not. They care more about issues that they can personally relate to in their own lives. Perhaps people should care more, IDK, but the fact is they don't.

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2016 at 04:33 AM ----------

You're from California, you can vote your conscience, nothing you do is going to change the result. Clinton is going to win all the states electoral votes anyway, even the Trump campaign knew that. Now if you lived in a swing state it might make a difference.

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2016 at 04:42 AM ----------

Sigh. Trump (or any president) can press the red button all they want. The president cannot unilaterally launch nukes, that's not the way it works.

15. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *** Note: I equally hate Trump and Hillary, so I'm less biased than many on here such as yourself which has made it clear that you are a major Hillary supporter***

Chip, I have to question that article. It:

a.) provides no sourcing for any of its claims such as AP articles, etc.

b.) Is written by someone obviously highly opinionated and is written as a opinion column... You don't say garbage in a real news article like "Comey has created that misleading impression that could change the outcome of a presidential election, an act that, if uncorrected, will undoubtedly go down as one of the darkest moments in the bureau’s history." without having all the facts. That statement I quoted above shows clear lack of reporting ethics for a supposed non-opinionated article. No-one has all the facts yet in the media, and to follow the clearly arrogant assholes who think they have it all figured out at newsweek without support isn't doing anyone a favor. To spread garbage like that is damaging.

So that article provides nothing but opinions of a biased tool that has been given a platform to rant on. Do you have any reliable, sourced, and fact based articles to add to this significant event in political history? Or are you just trying to stifle discussion on Hillary's plethora of dirty laundry being exposed without any evidence (leaked documents, video/audio) like most shills on the far left?

Also, who is to say that Julian Assange/Wikileaks hadn't given documents to the FBI recently that forced them to begin actively pursuing the investigation again? Yes, her case might not technically ever be "closed" in the governments classification of unresolved cases, but it was for all intents and purposes closed as it was no longer being actively investigated. Anyone with half a brain can see that is just semantics.

#15 TXTurbo90, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  16. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The timing is off, but as others have said, it is something that needs to be done. A lot of people feel that the previous investigation was inaccurate and they are happy with this. So, personally, I find it nice that those voices are heard and addressed.

As for A Republican, it's of course convenient to cite a website like Breitbart, a politically conservative site that aligns itself with Donald Trump. It's not surprising that it'd focus a great deal on the wrongdoings (or general things) of Clinton and puts them in a bad light (whether they are correct or not), while dismissing a lot of Trump's flaws. It's something to keep in mind. It's like reading articles from the Guardian for instance, you have to keep in mind that they are left-wing and, as such, will usually not portray Trump in a good light. Of course, opinion articles do not have to align with the website's view, but I personally find that they quite often will.

Both candidates have their flaws and strengths, but I assume most people (here) are voting for Clinton due to Trump's attitude towards socio-economic issues (and for me, his constant boasting which is annoying - it makes him not likeable at all). You can call Clinton sly which, honestly, has truth in it, but that can in fact be convenient when it comes to trade deals with other countries. She will be prepared (or as some would say, overprepared), but people will know that she takes it seriously. Trump often misses the mark on issues or dismisses opinions from respected/well-known people (who should know about the issues, otherwise this is an appeal to authority - making the argument invalid), and that's not a good trait. He seems to be under the impression that he himself can fix the issues, rather than taking these people seriously.

No, I don't agree with Trump nor with Clinton, but I think it's fair to say that my ideas have more in common with Clinton's ideas. It's just a shame that Jill seems to have some odd ideas (e.g. about vaccination). Hopefully the next election brings forward some better candidates.

17. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of wish I lived in a swing state so I could simultaneously vote my conscience and not give a crap about what all the 'chicken littles' have to say about it. I will vote for who I think is best. End of story. This election is so fear-based it's disturbing.

18. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this so much. The scaremongering from both sides is appalling.

19. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd rather not the orange megalomaniac man-child get nukes in the first place... hopefully it doesn't take a second Hiroshima to prove a point to the ill-educated.

I think he's less legally dangerous than Cruz would have been, but the thought of Trump with nukes makes me think "Kim Jong Un, except actually a threat to world security"

I hope if it gets that bad some cop in Canada finds out I've been breaking a well-hidden law and finds a legal loophole to arrest me. I doubt it though.

20. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't vote in your election but I can and I have , using verifiable facts, talked to people eligible to vote (especially those living in swing states) whether it's through social media, public speeches (I won't pretend that I gave a lot of those but they were effective) and also chance encounters when I travel to tourist hot-spots. Some of the people I spoke to have kept in touch and have told me that they voted for him. A few are so fired up about him after attending his rallies that they apparently talked their whole family into voting for him.

Of course I only spoke at length to people who weren't voting for Trump or those who were on the fence. The latter were the easiest to talk with.

I don't think you fully understand the concept of enthusiasm in an election, but I get it. You won't get that much enthusiasm for the most anti-free speech candidate in living memory, unless you want to transform America into Justin Trudeau's wet dream.

The scare-mongering from the Clinton side is damaging.

I recently came across this screenshot on twitter. It's liberal fascism that I'm familiar with myself as I've received a lot of it. However this is taking 'democracy' to a whole new level:

[​IMG]

Looking back, ''coming out'' as a Trump supporter was a heck of a lot tougher than coming out as gay. It's because of peace-lovers such as the one in that post above, but luckily, I don't live anywhere in America. For now :icon_wink

Hillary Clinton's 4-minute press conference only further proves how cornered she is on her lies and scandals. The Democratic Party self-destructed in ways that the Republican Party has not, and the MSM obviously did not focus out of this out of bias. Sure enough contributions to the Hillary campaign is reportedly 96.7 or so %.

#20 A Republican, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016