1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Switch (formerly known as NX)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mangotree, Oct 20, 2016.

1. mangotree

Surprised no one's talking about this yet...

[YOUTUBE]f5uik5fgIaI[/YOUTUBE]

Any initial thoughts or concerns?

2. Jellal

Oh, it looks good. (Hate the name though.) But I will probably get Breath of the Wild for Wii U, which I already own. So I'll wait and see what the exclusives for the Switch will be, if it really wows me and the price is fair then I'll pick it up someday.

3. Night Rain

I did talk about this! :grin: It looks promising, but I'll remain skeptical because Nintendo often failed to deliver. :frowning2: Now the price of this thing will be the deciding factor for me. We need more info about it. Like what is the graphical capability, especially when you take the game on the go?

4. mangotree

I think the battery life will be the biggest thing for me. It needs to be decent or at least have external battery support.

Anything that's wireless needs to have good battery life (e.g. still haven't bought an apple watch for the same reason)

#4 mangotree, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  5. Sealgirl19

Think I'm gonna wait a bit before I buy. This looks like it's going to have a lot of issues when it comes out. It's a nice looking system tho.

6. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It seems super cool but like mangotree said, the battery life can become a breaking point for a lot of people if it's not that good. I'm looking forward to when nintendo does clarify certain things like the price point, the games coming out on it besides Breath of the Wild, and if nintendo will actually not make it region locked. I may be wrong but I just kind of assumed most of the technology was just in the tablet but that could be wrong, especially considering how slim the tablet looked. I'm never going to buy a console right when it launches mainly because I want as little risk possible in encountering hardware bugs but I'm super interested in getting one down the line.

7. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll be buying this day one!

8. Spacesword

seems but will have to see the price, battery life and graphics before deciding to spend money on it.

9. Xochipilli

It looks neat! Although, I feel like this is what the Wii U should have been. Mine has been collecting dust in my room for years now. :confused:

10. mangotree

I've got a Wii U too ... have actually played it more than my PS3 or XBone.
    It's got some really good first party and indie titles on it in my opinion. I think I'm actually gonna miss the dual-screen functionality of the Wii U (maps, menus etc).

11. KayJay

I'm mildly disappointed. No more consoles for me, it's all money better spent on my PC. I read an article about how they showed Skyrim gameplay on the launch trailer and it isn't even confirmed to be a title coming to the system. So silly.

12. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looks fucking awesome. I probably wont get it at realease but probably a year or two down the road, as i tend to do with consoles.

The multiplayer thing looks a little goofy, but neat, and im glad that they're trying new stuff. Bash on nintendo all you want, but at least they arent afraid to try out new hardware mechanics. They dont just sell the same rectangular boxes with upgraded specs and a slightly different controller each gen *cough*

---------- Post added 21st Oct 2016 at 09:02 AM ----------

The DS was a really neat feature of the Wii U. Im kinda sad to see it go, as well!

Definitely didnt get all the third party titles it deserved, but there were enough great first party games that made it worth my money, at least. Its too bad the console didnt do better :/

13. Night Rain

Hmm so does this NS effectively replace the next gen 3DS, or is there a different line for an exclusive handheld system? That thing looks quite big to be carried around.

14. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It certainly looks nice and has me interested. I haven't bought (or have gotten) a Nintendo home console since the Nintendo 64. I'm going to be paying attention to details until launch before I make my decision on whether to get it or not. That Zelda game looks really fun though.

#14 Blood Elf, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  15. TheMatthew

This looks great! I was so hyped when I watched the announcement video. Breath of the Wild and Skyrim? Nintendo looks like they might get a good RPG lineup this time around (there aren't too many on the Wii U). I hope that maybe TESVI will come to the Switch. I'd loooooove to see a proper Animal Crossing game, and maybe a third Bayonetta game? Aahhhhh the hype is too real.

16. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly, 'Skyrim' Isn't Confirmed For The Nintendo Switch

I was going to say that it's too soon for another AC, but then I realised that New Leaf came out in 2012. Which made me realise that City Folk came out 8 years ago :eek:

17. TheMatthew

Right? I hope they make one for the Switch, New Leaf was really good. I've been playing since the GCN AC, and they've just been getting better and better, haha. Definitely one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, probably one of my in general favorites too. :lol:

18. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's backwards compatible with WII U games then i'll consider getting one but the only WII U game i personally really wanted to play was LEGO City undercover and that's getting re released on PS4, XB1 and PC later this year so i might skip it until 2018 when there are a bunch of games out for it.

19. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I JUST got my wii u and am not interested in getting a new nintendo console. Thing is, I worked my ass off to get it, and only have a few games for the thing! I'm gunna just stick with my wii u for a while, maybe some day I will get a nintendo switch, but not now. I'm just glad they aren't calling it a wii. Also, I hope the new zelda game is released on wii u as well as switch. I mean, it WAS originally supposed to be Zelda U. hahaha

---------- Post added 5th Jan 2017 at 10:05 AM ----------

I feel like there's not much of ANYTHING on the Wii U :lol:

20. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just a reminder for everybody, make sure to watch the stream later tonight for the switch.