1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you ever do this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Silver Snow, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most kids have played House, right? Each kid gets a different roll in the family and you get to go through a make believe day as your character. Me and my older sister played all the time. But she ALWAYS got to be the mom, I was always a kid or the dog or cat. She didn't want to give up her role, though, so I made a suggestion: "Why don't we both be mommies?" I wish I could have taken a picture of the look on her face! :eek: "No! That's bad!" I was like, four or five. She was seven or eight. What did we know? Being I had a mom and a stepmom, why something like that would be bad always confused me, I'm guessing that's why I never forgot.

So, anybody else make that suggestion as a child?

2. PrettyinPunk

Not that I can remember. I actually hated playing house so I avoided it as much as possible. When I was 7 there was this girl I'd play with at my baby sitter's house, I think she was 5. I guess she really liked me cause she'd always say she was gonna marry me when she grew up. I don't think either of us knew what marriage really meant but looking back I get the statements and reactions of the adults now.

Its maybe a little unrelated but I was visiting my nieces and one was playing with Barbies and making them dance etc. Then she had one Barbie say to the others "now let's all kiss". Innocent statement that made me giggle but the look on her mother's face...well she wasn't as amused.

3. Bubbletea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I rememberI always wanted to play the oposite sex in everything. From playing House, to skits or school plays and even up intil now in video games. It just fits better. And in retrospect I think I was always sick of playing the male.

4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can relate 100 percent. I didn't play House so much as I played very elaborate Let's Plays, but I was ALWAYS the guy. I think there were only one or two girl characters that I would play, one of them was a downright snob and the other was a tomboy.

#4 AnAtypicalGuy, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  5. TayReb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A similar thing happened to me. Ehen I was in first grade, I heard some kids joking about being gay. I went to my mom and asked her what it meant, and she told me everything. At the end I said: "so it means being happy!" And I didn't know at the time that happy was another meaning. I just thought that it was a good thing. My mom was quite taken aback, as I recall. Lol

6. AmyBee

I hated playing house. But I did it a lot because our neighborhood was just about all girls. Of course I got stuck playing the dad a lot. A lot of times, though, we just played whatever TV show was popular at the time. Usually I'd have to be a boy or whatever but sometimes we'd play things where there were only girls and I got to be a girl, so I was happy. But I always had to be the least popular girl character because all the popular ones were picked first.

7. hptrek314

Sameee, but I didn't mind too much, as a kid I hated playing stereotypical "girly" things, I usually got stuck playing either house or pretending we were on "American Idol", I was far more content with playing war (Espescially Civil War, futurue historian in training what's good?!) or a survival game