1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do babies give you anxiety?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

This is stemed from a previous post I saw and it made me realize something about myself. Babies give me high anxiety and I try my best to avoid them. I have no interest in having children or being around them for long periods of time. Do you have anxiety around babies or do you find yourself avoiding them at all cost?

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Babies themselves do not, but I'm really afraid of pregnancy.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More around little kids than babies.

4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

This. Sort of.

I would also be afraid of accidently killing or harming it. Babies are fragile defenseless little things.

5. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Not anxiety, I just have zero interest in them and I find it annoying when every one is admiring them like they are the best thing in the world.

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. But I could understand being anxious if you picked up a baby and worried about dropping them. Or maybe that's just my concerns about my clumsiness. Babies are annoying. I think kittens are much more adorable

My anxiety goes sky high around terrier dogs. I might have a phobia

7. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope, I tend to be more calm and happy when I am around babies. Probably because it allows me to feel like myself for a bit. What babies need most is for you to hug them and make them feel loved and not alone. When you do so, they will respond with cuteness and quiet contentment. (some babies are less responsive than others but if you truly care about them and love them you will do fine.) :slight_smile:

I truthfully can't think of anything I enjoy more than holding one of my nieces or nephews in my arms and helping them feel safe and loved. :eusa_ange

8. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm just scared that something bad happens to them and then I'm blamed by their parents. :/ I am fine around them, but I don't want kids either!

9. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    They don't give me anxiety, I just don't like them at all.

10. StarryNightsky

I struggle to understand and connect with babies, generally 'cause I don't know what they want and I feel like I'm not trusted around the parents. Idk, I'm better around 4 year olds that 1 year olds. :lol:

11. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Babies are sometimes cute and other times annoying, but I wouldn't say they are disturbing or like super anxiety inducing. I have no interest in taking care of one though haha, that's quite a commitment.

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, they give me anxiety and annoy me. Not only babies, but young kids too. They take up lots of time, always get their way with everything and are noisy, messy and too hyper.

I don't want kids because I'm selfish. My time is MY TIME, and if I want to do something, I don't want to have to worry about kids. If I want to watch a horror movie, I don't want to have to worry about the kid(s) possibly seeing a snippet of it and getting nightmares. I love watching crime shows about murders, and that's not suitable for children.

I would much rather get a hyper dog than having to watch a hyper child... :eusa_doh:

13. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...Yes. A lot.

Who needs em when you can have a bunch of cat children though? They have the best hugs.

I'm perfectly fine with a bit older kids though, as long as they're old enough that they don't cry or do diapers or try to tear out my fabulous hair. :lol:

14. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really but it does make me nervous to pick them up because I'm scared I'll drop them. I'm also really bad at dealing with bodily stuff so the whole diaper and throwing up thing would freak me out a bit.

I love kids in the toddler age because I can start to make up games with them and have real conversations. Babies are just so fragile.

15. jayanthi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I too feel same way. There is a pressure to admire them and love them which makes me anxious around children . I am definetly not a mother material. I cant ever imagine myself with a kid.

16. Bubbletea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well that post was mine lol and yes, children and babies tip me over the edge in no time. (Well people in general atm)

Its not kids or babies themselves but the social aspect around them with the parents. I honestly dont like children, not a child in particular because you know they can be nice I just dont like the concept children. I do not understand why someone would ever EVER have kids haha. Why ruin your life like that? Haha But 99,99% of people do not unserstand this and get reaaaally angry when I say I dont like children and dont want children (which to some degree I can understand). It is nothing personal, I just dont like them. I dont like snakes either and I dont see society forcing me into buying a terrarium either lol. So whenever a kid comes into the scene I feel like Im forced to act like I care when I dont. And that pushes me over the edge eventually.

I know I sound like a mean person but Im not. Im just being honest lol. Like the other day with the babies, I have no clue and no interest. But I do feel bad for all parties involved.

17. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. My aunt, cousin, and cousin's young son came over for a few days recently, and I was avoiding the son because I was uncomfortable. At one point, we were alone in a room together, I panicked, and told my parents I'm not going to be alone with him because I don't know what to do. They just kept asking why until my aunt finally went in there.

18. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I read this thread I was waiting your reply Eve... and I suspected that you were going to wrote something like that, I mean you love childrens haha.

Well I don't like babies at all.

19. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this^^^

20. Space Cat

Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only one. Not only do I absolutely not find them cute, but I do also get pretty nervous around them. Dunno why...