1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Close-minded Mom?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Come as You Are, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Come as You Are

Can you guys help me with another problem?

My mom actually found out about the relationship that I have with a certain guy and she acted so much like a homphobic. She said like I "killed" her, and after all she has sacrificed for us (me and my sister are both like this, but my sister started at a very early age, elementary even.) and that this is all that we would "repay" her or something. And I'm like I do good at school. Like, really good. And I haven't changed in anyway! And I explained the 1% thing for me and she said: "No! It's either you're straight or gay!". She has the mentality to believe firmly on what she believes in, or what she thinks really happened. She told me to stop this or I would discontinue school the next year?

And I focus on my studies very much. But my mom finds out everything! Like everything. She talks to my adviser, the main teacher of a section. She recently has control of every social media account I have and she even changed my password! She reads all of my conversations.

Should I like say I'm a pure heterosexual again? And just try to hide it? Like super hidden. But should I continue our relationship with the guy I like? I'm scared because if she finds out again, she's going to out him to his own family. And I feel like I betrayed him, you know what I mean. Like he entrusted me with his sexuality and I ended failing to hide it for some reason.

Should I hide it? Or should I stop it? Even though I'll get hurt pretty bad, it's like for the sake of the safety of his sexuality or generally his safety. My mom is very aggressive and has this kind of mentality where in she believes what she thinks even though you can prove her wrong, she thinks she's correct every ing time! She thinks of sexuality as black and white. Straight or gay. Like that, and I hate it so much!

Should I stop loving someone because of someone else's opinion? Should I stop loving him so I could continue school? Should I continue to love him because I really think this love is true, and I got hurt so much with just the thought of leaving this relationship to the point that I'd already%

#1 Come as You Are, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. jayanthi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can relate to that. My family is homophobic too. I don't know what am i going to do either. I had planned of running away from home after college and live my life the way i want.But when you are in country where being gay is illegal it gets tougher.

3. Come as You Are

That's going to be hard. Running away is a tough, tough task. Especially if it's just after college. That's when real life begins. Also, I don't think being gay is illegal? If it is what country is it, just wanted to know. Even if I do hate them a bit for the way they acted when they found out I have a relationship with a guy I still love them. But I think that the punishments are stupid as hell. Why would they stop sending me to school? I'm a proficient student and I don't want that to stop. I even thought that I'd rather get beat up, hated, starved, but don't ever stop my education. And on top of that, don't ever, EVER, stop me from loving something or someone. Love knows no bounds and gender shouldn't stop that.