1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is hard about dating you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    - I take my ''not dating list'' quite seriously
    - I can't have kids by myself; and won't date somebody already with kids if I feel I'm being used for the money
    - I'm non-binary agender, bisexual so there's very few people who can date me anyway
    - I don't want sex [I can see myself open to some kind of sex once I have top and bottom sugary, but I'll be around 38 before I can get all of it done], or any kind of physical touching
    - I'm not a very forgiving person
    - I worry too much about them abusing or manipulating me that I'll end up breaking it off if the worry gets too strong due to not wanting to accuse them of something if they're not doing it
    - I like being alone, I like being on my own schedule

#21 Secrets5, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. Spider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My fear of being controlled by my partner causes me to be stubborn or pick fights with them for its own sake when I feel threatened in this regard

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very sensitive to rudeness.

I have OCD - but it's very well controlled now.

I'm too good to people (apparently that makes me boring after a while, since people like a challenge).

#23 Anthemic, Sep 22, 2016
  4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do not trust easily and it takes some time for me to get to a comfortable zone with someone and therefore, what I found to be hard about dating me is that there have been guys that I've dated that have fallen in love with me which scares me because I think its too soon for them to go there.

5. wolflover

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a hearing impairment, which requires a little more effort from my partner.
    I can be pretty self-centered (working on that).
    I never know what anyone is thinking which leads to quite a bit of confusion.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. TigerStripes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm REALLY uncomfortable letting people in on what I'm really thinking/feeling. I spent too long learning to do everything on my own.

8. iiimee

I used to be very independent, but after some events occurred in my life I am very much dependent on physical contact for what feels like stability to me. Other than that though, I can be quite cold, but chances are you won't see that side of me unless we date for at least six months... I am sometimes too honest to my feelings- just yesterday I confessed to a friend that almost every night I cry myself to sleep, either because of dysphoria or the lack of physical contact... I also am pretty stubborn and will defend my views until they are utterly dismantled. If you like debating, this is fine, but most people hate this... Also, kids under the age of six are totally off the table for me, and even then, I would probably say no to any kids. :/ Still, I try to keep an open mind in the hopes of dating... Oh, and even though I act highly sexual and have quite a long list of fetishes, I fear sex... I mean, my fears won't stop me probably, but it is a frightening concept for me to be that exposed... That's also the reason I don't look people in the eyes if I care about them usually.

9. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a complete wreck, to put it simply.

10. ScatteredEarth

I'm pretty bad with small talk and I'm also self conscious to other people's perceptions as to why I would be hard to date :rolle:

#30 ScatteredEarth, Sep 22, 2016
  11. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm very shy, and I have a hard time trusting new people sometimes (due to previous events).

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mischievous behavior can rub some people the wrong way. I'm introverted and have anxiety and depression. Have a hard time keeping friends, so a any long-term commitment seems iffy.

That's if someone can respect and understand the complexities behind being a genderqueer bisexual person of color.

13. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking maybe the gender questioning part might be an issue.....

14. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This. Basically all of this except for the distrust and dislike of other humans.

15. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm emotionally unavaliable or something. I'm not particularly good at sharing my feelings or expressing my emotions or even talking about myself, I get uncomfortable as I feel I'm being put on the spot. It's not as if I never show affection for people, because I do, it's more that I'm not very good at it.

Also I don't particularly like being touched, at least, not in the contact-seeking way that people seem to do in relationships. For example, you know that thing people do sometimes where they come up behind you and casually put their hand on the small of your back? That makes me really uncomfortable.

Actually I have a lot of issues, but there's the first couple that came to mind!

#35 Gunsmoke, Sep 22, 2016
  16. Hela

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was trying to think of how to describe my problems, but you summed it up pretty well. I understand how you feel, and I basically have the exact same problem. Also any future partner of mine has to deal with my physical illnesses, too. I have fibromayalgia, scoliosis and arthritis, among other problems, so anyone I date has to deal with the bad moods and brain fog I get from the chronic pain. Lucky for me, my last girlfriend had severe anxiety and bad scoliosis, so she understood me better than most people.

17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really kinky and I have a huge ego

Plus I'm sure I annoyed my boyfriend by talking A LOT about Heavy Metal or Demon's Souls

18. GenderSciFi

I don't date, so that might be an issue. :dry: Also, when I get annoyed, I will most likely stop talking to you, just be passive-aggressive and never explain why. Also, I have my rules against heteros, gay men, lesbian women, so, like, a big percentage of everybody... though I might break those. Probably. Like. If they're interested.

19. CoderK

I really love science, so much so that I talk about it almost always, so if my future partner can handle that, its great.

20. GayPugs

...Kissing me. I've had one girlfriend and only two kisses from people outside of my family. So...yeah...I get kind of nervous about kissing people...don't ask me why....it's just kind of...weird.

Aaaaalso, I don't date people who are still in the closet. Really not interested in keeping my relationship with someone a secret.

#40 GayPugs, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016