1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some odd things that you just cannot stand?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anthemic, Aug 27, 2016.

1. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get bothered when a time for an event or something is not on a minute frame that is divisible by 5. :slight_smile:00, :05, :10, etc.). If someone schedules something for like 2:17 or something it bugs me.

Actually, the number divisible by 5 thing applies for a lot of things. Volume on my TV if a number is shown, time for cooking food in the microwave, blahblahblah. 5 isn't even my favorite number. I just function on increments of 5.

I get ridiculously mad at Toddlers and Tiaras. Like not even one thing in particular, just turning on the show gets me annoyed.

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sister is a lot like this. She HATES being touched randomly and cannot stand for people to stare at her. She's introverted like you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. AmyBee

I'm very touchy-feely when it comes to loved ones, but I can't stand when strangers put their hands on me. I'm always the person people feel like they have to lay hands on to move out of the way. I was at a store one time and this guy just put his hands on my shoulders and directed me out of his way without saying a word. It wasn't like I was just standing there, either. And if he'd asked me to move I would GLADLY have let him pass. I'm really very considerate like that.

So anyway, I HATE when people tug on me or push me to move out of the way.

Another thing I kind of feel annoyed with is like when I make a joke and someone then tries to undermine it or add onto it but they do so in a way that tells me they fundamentally didn't get the joke. That part is fine. If I'm not funny, then I'm not funny. I get that humor is subjective. But you know, just let a joke lie there and die if it's meant to die. I don't want to get into a long involved discussion about some stupid glib meaningless comment. And getting back to humor being subjective, I usually don't find the responses funny at all even when they're meant to be.

4. AKindOfMagic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People I have no idea who are knowing my name. Its just creepy.

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People not censoring their wild fetish stuff on DA. I mean come on folks, the "adult content" filter exists for a reason. Some of us like to have it do it's job! Think of the children.

People saying "I'll pray for you" when I do something they dislike. It just bothers me.
    Not everyone offline knows I'm atheist I understand, but some do it as some sort of passive aggressive comeback since I like distancing myself from religion, though it's as present as oxygen in our area.

Small dogs that are or resemble Yorkshire Terriers. Their looks and sounds frighten me like nothing else and I'll constantly be on edge if one is in the vicinity. Unfortunately for me and my stress levels, my sister got one to spite me and keeps it indoors. Hence why I'm so frequent online.

Yeah, I'm one of those types. I know.

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're exactly right. I'm a Christian and I can definitely say that anyone who says that to you is doing it in a passive aggressive manner. A true Christian would embrace you as an equal and pray for you without telling you they are. I hate shitty people, good grief... :bang:

7. PrettyinPunk

I also dislike this but I try to remain respectful, so long as they are being respectful too.

I can't stand people standing or walking behind me. If I'm at a restaurant or on a bus I'll always take the corner seat. It drove me nuts when I was in school and the teacher would walk around me as I was taking a test. I'd instantly freeze up and lose focus.

And I think it's a weird sensory thing but I can't stand touching anything 'papery' cardboard, or non finished wood. The act of it makes me inwardly flinch and shiver, and my teeth ache. Even watching somebody else touching these things bothers me. As a result watching me eat a popsicle, I've been told is very interesting.

8. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lots of things my dad does annoy me:
    He's slow about going in and out the house; there are coyotes out there, and I'm worried about our cats
    He tends to prop up his really ugly bare feet
    And there are worse ones than that.
    I personally hate the way feet look bare; I always wear socks unless I'm in the water.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get annoyed when females are trying to chat me up over the Internet then you say that I am not interested in a female relationship and they block me like I've done something wrong. I'm too sensitive lol

10. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A KNIFE SPREADING MARMITE ON TOAST Arghhh it's torture X(

11. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I forgot about this one. For some reason it's only terrier dogs that trigger this response in me. My anxiety goes through the roof and I can't stop thinking about the dog biting my leg. The dog can kind of sense anxiety and that makes me feel more anxious. If it wasn't that bad, then I'd just strike a pose and say "Oh no! My one weakness!" but it really is no fun

12. candyjiru

I always say "I'll be sending my prayers and warm thoughts and glitter" or something ridiculous just so I've covered all the bases XD;; if the person is someone I know to be adamantly against religion, then I omit the prayers and say like "warm thoughts and good feelings" or something along those lines... but, I've never said it to be passive aggressive or be a bitch... I can't speak for everyone, but I think most Christians (especially those who don't know you or your stance on religion well) are just saying it because that's the most heartfelt thing they can say... /boring ramble

As for me... wet tissues or wet paper towels or wet papers... bleah... the feeling of squishy and disintegrating and everything... no... I can't take it.

Also, foods that squish in your mouth... like cherry tomatoes... the crunch and then goo is too much for me... also, people watching me eat... I guess I've eaten really quickly since I was young because whenever my parents saw me eating they called me some variation of fatty-fat, but yeah... if people watch me eat, I feel so anxious T.T

And as others have mentioned, the whole food noises thing... I can't stand it... again, probably because my parents would snap at me for anything, but even the slightest things tip me off... I'm pretty sure it's misophenia, tbh... I literally have to have the TV on or music or something when I'm eating with others because I've been so trained against the noises... spoons clanking on the bottom of the bowl (are you *that* hungry, Candy??) open-mouthed noises (what are you, a hobo, Candy??) slurping (are you a dog, Candy??) and so on, and so forth... I had a... strict upbringing >.>

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2016 at 09:05 PM ----------

I always say "I'll be sending my prayers and warm thoughts and glitter" or something ridiculous just so I've covered all the bases XD;; if the person is someone I know to be adamantly against religion, then I omit the prayers and say like "warm thoughts and good feelings" or something along those lines... but, I've never said it to be passive aggressive or be a bitch... I can't speak for everyone, but I think most Christians (especially those who don't know you or your stance on religion well) are just saying it because that's the most heartfelt thing they can say... /boring ramble

As for me... wet tissues or wet paper towels or wet papers... bleah... the feeling of squishy and disintegrating and everything... no... I can't take it.

Also, foods that squish in your mouth... like cherry tomatoes... the crunch and then goo is too much for me... also, people watching me eat... I guess I've eaten really quickly since I was young because whenever my parents saw me eating they called me some variation of fatty-fat, but yeah... if people watch me eat, I feel so anxious T.T

And as others have mentioned, the whole food noises thing... I can't stand it... again, probably because my parents would snap at me for anything, but even the slightest things tip me off... I'm pretty sure it's misophenia, tbh... I literally have to have the TV on or music or something when I'm eating with others because I've been so trained against the noises... spoons clanking on the bottom of the bowl (are you *that* hungry, Candy??) open-mouthed noises (what are you, a hobo, Candy??) slurping (are you a dog, Candy??) and so on, and so forth... I had a... strict upbringing >.>

and of course...

[​IMG]

13. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    +1 for people randomly touching you. I work in very close quarters with my coworkers, and people are always touching my back or my arms and it makes me feel gross.

I also cant stand the feeling of hair conditioner. I can never tell when it's out!

14. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh gosh I think it's so interesting to hear about people cringing over textures. I have a friend who I used to hang out with in high school named Shelby. She HATES cotton balls. Well, she spent the night with me one night and we drove to some USPS store because they had my Adderall in the mail (weird). Well, I opened the bottle and saw a huge cotton ball inside. So I said, "Hey Shelby..." *pulls cotton out slowly* She got out of the car so quickly and was dry heaving. It was hilarious! She wasn't emotionally disturbed, more just grossed out. She thought it was funny, too. XD

Another thing I cannot stand isn't necessarily an odd thing, but it makes me cringe to no end. I hate when I'm shaving my legs and I cut myself, and before I realize what I've done, I've cut a 1-2 inch chunk of flesh off of my shin.

LOOOOOL! I love you for this! I was hanging clothes Sunday and I grabbed one of those crappy wire hangers with the paper stick at the bottom, and I yelled out, "No... Wire... HANGERS!!!"

#34 Anthemic, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  15. candyjiru

XD;;;;; I do that whenever I do dry cleaning XD;;;;; I'm glad to know I'm not the only one haha~~

16. IamCasey

I am extremely ticklish. A mere finger poked into my side sends me rolling. And certain people like a big brother know it and uses it to his advantage.

17. SHIELDAgentAlex

When people think that a smile means that it's a huge, teeth-bearing grin. My natural expression is a slight smile anyway, and I smile a lot, but for pictures it's like "That's a fake smile!" No, the thing you're trying to make me do is a fake smile.

Also, reading my peers Facebook posts makes me so mad. "Oh, I'm so sad." "Oh, I haven't got anybody to talk to." "Oh, no-one respects me."

It's probably some kind of insensitivity to those people who are depressed and venting about it, but it makes me so ludicrously mad.

Also, YA books.

18. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LMAO! I do it every time I pick up a wire hanger! You're definitely not the only one. <3

19. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    people who know me yet still say my name wrong (it's unique but easy to pronounce and exactly how it's spelt.

Also when people don't put the pen back in the credit card reader, and when people refer to the iPod touch as the iTouch. Also marketing when people leave off "the" when talking about a product. "With iPad air, you get a magical experience" or "People love iPad". No no no!

20. Darsch Hielle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wet hair on my shirt.