1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel about yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Aug 27, 2016.

1. StefaniPurrr

Chicago! I lived in Chicago, a city of contradictions ... so many rich, so many poor. Always knew winter was coming when the plastic Jewels bags were wind wrapped in the tree limbs :slight_smile:

Anywho, I love me. It starts with that. Being unemployed is a temporary situation, it does not define you. You know, there was a time several years ago in this craptastic economy that I got laid off from my high paying graphics/publishing job and I had to take a job at Walmart. After being unemployed for quite sometime, I was damn proud to walk into that store and know that I was working, getting a check, and doing a great job. Eventually got back into my field, but just working, at any job, really lifted my spirits.

2. notmyfault

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually pretty confident. IMO, I'm awesome - flawed, yeah, but awesome nonetheless. And at any rate, I'm a lot better than I used to be. :lol:

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "There are days I swear I can fly like an eagle, and dark desperate hours that nobody sees."

Basically, sometimes I feel really good about myself and others I feel like shit. My self esteem is bipolar.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I'm an arrogant bastard. Sometimes I'm pathetic slime. Either way is not good.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've suffered from depressive episodes, so I kind of understand how it feels and it's more awful than I can possibly remember/imagine right now in my good mood

Many moons ago, I wrote down what type of person I wanted to be and then I worked towards it. There is always room for improvement

I have mixed feelings about myself. On one hand, I am confident in my element and think I am one of the best in the world. On the other hand, I am insecure about my intelligence (no matter how much I accomplish)

6. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm realizing that this often describes myself. Unfortunately. :frowning2:

7. Jellal

I wish I looked and sounded different, but the "fuck it" is strong with me. It's really annoying to live up to others' expectations ... all I can do is meet my own. That's hard enough considering I set high standards where I probably shouldn't. Like my work ethic. I'm just not driven and hard-working enough. Procrastinating comes so naturally to me.

Yeah, so how do I feel about myself? My mind's in a knot as usual. I'm not too happy I guess but none of my issues are bad enough to destroy me either. I'll work on myself and analyze myself a bit more today I guess, and see if I can make any headway on tackling the demons of doubt and indecisiveness.

8. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm not too bad as an individual. Could be better, could be worse.

9. PigsCanFly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do not like myself :frowning2: I hate it and I wish I was more confident but... it just doesn't work for me :/
    It's not fun in my head atm :frowning2: I'm hopefully going to be getting better soon, on meds so I'm hoping they'll work quickly :slight_smile:

10. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now I'm in a good place. I'm in love and enjoying the world around me. Accept who you are, embrace everything you are. The world around us is not all Peace, love and light. it's dark, scary and troubled but... it's within ourselves that we can change the world around us for the positive. As a person you are a very powerful force and can change anything you set your mind to. Action follows thought... Dance in the light and shine!

11. PrettyinPunk

That's a nice post:slight_smile:

It makes me a bit sad that some people say they hate themselves or think so poorly of themselves. Being self critical can be good but you gotta love 'you' too.

I love myself completely. I'm flawed but I'm happy and ok with that. I couldn't always say that though, in fact it used to be the opposite in the past. I suppose I've come a long way.

12. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was really insecure in my early 20s. Now, after a lot of therapy and the wisdom of age, I realize I'm not really inferior to anyone. Comparing oneself to others just brings needless misery, and that's not for me.

13. IamCasey

I love me! I love that I am gay. Which seems to drive other gay people nuts.:icon_bigg

14. L0ser

I really don't like myself. I constantly isolate myself, never feel motivated to do anything, and I'm not sociable at all. I have glaring problems, some with how I treat myself and others, but I also don't want to change these aspects just to "fit in" better. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that bad.

Not so long story short I'm not a fan of myself, and things seem to be getting worse.

15. ChameleonSoul

My feelings about myself tend to switch periodically. One week, I can feel like I'm unstoppable and will neglect eating and sleeping to work on something that I'm passionate about yet feel completely fine. A few weeks later, I'll feel like shit and that the only way that I can deal with everything is to just end it all.

16. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A message for all you insecure youngins: it will probably get better, if my life is any indication.

17. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I feel sore after working out for 12 minutes. And I hate seeing my face full of pimples, but that's every teenager's dilemma. But other than that, I feel good about myself. I'm not stressed, my classes are going smoothly.

18. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Very mixed. I'm trying to be positive but the more things I fail at or do wrong the worse I feel about myself.

19. bjanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After dealing with anxiety, ocd and depression last year, I'm really happy with myself. I'm confident and I love myself, I think I'm smart and funny and a good person. I'm really proud of the progress I've made, because it's taken a lot to get here.

20. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel a whole lot more happier than I did a year ago. Going to university provides me with a multitude of opportunities and I worked very hard to get there. Since I'll be moving away from home and away from my family to be more independent for a fair few months it'll give me the chance to grow even more as a person, something I could no longer do whilst living at home with 3 other adults.