1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you eat meat?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaska, Aug 12, 2016.

?

Meat and Animal products...Do you eat them?

1. meat eater

63.6%
  2. vegetarian

15.2%
  3. vegan

8.6%
  4. carnivore :3

12.6%
  1. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm vegetarian ( although I love sushis ) because I dislike the fact that I'm eating another soul that was alive and killed without free will. I also live with a carnivore ( aka my dad ) who cannot survive a day without meat, and he always asks me if I want meat and leaves meat in my plates, that I don't eat. He also says I'm not vegetarian because I don't like every vegetable on the entire planet, like how is that related lol xd

2. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm vegetarian, I've never liked the taste of meat.

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't eat much of it.

I don't buy any meat except for fish (does it count as meat or is it its own category?). I eat meat when I'm at someone's house and they offer it to me, but I don't go out of my way to have it.

As for animal products, I don't buy regular milk because I don't like the taste, so I buy either soy or almond milk. I do eat cheese and could not go without it, though (even if I can go several weeks without buying it because it's costs SO MUCH). I also eat eggs.

I don't think I would be hard to convert into a vegetarian if my partner was one, but I don't think I could be vegan.

4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Animals eat meat too. Plus we wouldn't be as far in evolution if our ancestors hadn't. Also plants are living beings too so...

What i am upset about though is the way animals are treated just to give us food. There are better and less wasteful ways that give animals a life that is not a pure horror movie.

We should not take meat as granted. A life has stopped so we can live on we should be grateful for that and treat the lives we are taking with respect not industrialize them as though they were things instead of living sentient beings.

5. Ryu

Ryu

If I didn't what's the point in living?

6. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a vegetarian, so I do not "eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, or slaughter by-products" (taken from my Vegetarian Society card).

I simply don't like the idea of eating an animal. I'm quite squeamish so I could never bring myself to kill a cute little chicken or sheep or piggy, so how could I eat their dead bodies? Also, I think there is a lot of hypocrisy among some meat eaters who are happy to eat a cow or pig, but would not eat a hamster or kitten.

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Too bad there wasn't a "sometimes" choice. I do eat meat, however, meat doesn't like me. It makes my stomach hurt most of the time. Now that I had 90% of my stomach cut out a week ago, I can't eat meat again until September. Hopefully, the surgery will help meat not hate me. ;-;

If I had to bond with every animal before I ate it, I would be a vegetarian and probably flee the country to save the animal. XD

#27 Anthemic, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  8. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im trying to stop as it damages the environment and causes unnessesary suffering to animals.

But, yes, I am currently a meat eater.

9. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I eat almost nothing but meat

10. CassieMaes

I don't eat a lot of vegetables to be honest but it's because they really set off my gag reflex and make me feel sick, I'll eat sweetcorn, small carrots, the heads of broccoli, sometimes peas and peppers (do they count as a vegetable?) But that's about it.

11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sweetcorn, is healthy, but it's mostly a starch. Carrots, any part of the broccoli, peas and peppers are vegetables. So you're doing great! :thumbsup:

12. GayPugs

I'm a vegetarian. I tried to go back to meat-eating but I felt really sick so...vegetarianism FTW! But, I'm still eating all the fake vegetarian meat. It actually tastes really similar to the original stuff! VEGETARIAN HOTDOGS FTW!!!!

13. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The process of evolution has brought humans the ability to rationalize and influence the world around us to a far greater degree than any other animal. To simply behave as animals driven by self-preservation and procreation is foolish and a waste of our humanity. We have the ability to decide not to damage the world, not to harm other sentient life forms, so the evolution argument is invalid. Plants are living, but not sentient.

There is no way respect a life as you slaughter them for consumption. You can treat them as humanely as possible, but the outcome is the same.

14. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Woah there buddy... Most people who eat meat were brought up this way. We don't do it out of disrespect. Please don't be like other vegans and try to shame us for that.

I'm completely against how they kill a lot for the animals. They do it in such a cruel way. But we didn't do that to them. I'm sure if we had to kill every animal we ate, we wouldn't eat it. Meat is delicious. So we try not to think about how they die. Why waste their dead bodies and not take them in for healthy consumption? That would basically mean they died in vain.

And please don't think I'm cruel for it. I'm actually a huge animal lover. Yes, I do agree that it is somewhat hypocritical that I eat chicken, beef, and pork, yet I would never eat a cat or dog. I agree with you there. But that's how I think, and I can't change it. So why think of us as disrespectful, when we don't do it out of hate?

#34 Anthemic, Aug 12, 2016
  15. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I eat meat mostly because I'm very picky, so I can't limit what I eat any more. I just try to ignore how it got here.

16. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I love meat. I'd starve without it (I am not a veggie/fruit guy at all).

17. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're very touchy.

#37 Robert, Aug 12, 2016
  18. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to basically eat only meat, potatoes, pasta, bread, and junk. Recently though my diet has been mostly vegan (my sister is vegan and she convinced me) but I occasionally have foods that say milk ingredients (or with eggs in it but very rarely with those and I won't eat much of it) right at the end or chocolate. I also slipped up yesterday and had a bit of Montreal smoked meat because my friend who I care about a lot brought it all the way over for me so I would've felt bad but now I feel bad for eating it (so I didn't finish it)... It's complicated which is why I had no idea what to say in the poll.

Also for the record being vegan isn't that hard (for anyone I know anyways). Soy milk tastes better to me anyways.

19. GayPugs

I'm not a veggie/fruit person either but I'm a vegetarian. Cheese and pizza ftw!

20. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I eat it, but mostly because I can't afford to be picky. If I had a choice I probably wouldn't eat it as much as I do now.