1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classes!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BryanM, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing since I got my BS in Mathematics recently. The class I'm taking is "Finding a job" and it's a hella amount of work; think I'll fail it.

2. SHIELDAgentAlex

Hehe.

I'm going into my sophomore year of high school in exactly a week, and it seems like it's gonna be fun. I've got to take a semester of gym class, but I don't mind because A) I really like the teacher for that class, B) One of my friends is in their, so that'll be fun, and C) Ever since I realized I was gay, I've had a new appreciation for the guy's locker room.

I also have three "advanced" classes this year: English, History, and technically, Science. At my school, in 9th grade, you take Physical Science, but I was one of the kids who skipped through Physical Science into Biology, which is normally a sophomore class. Chemistry is normally a junior class here. I also have a Drawing class, because I need my other credit in an Art class, as well as Scholastic Journalism, which is exactly what it sounds like.

And then there's Geometry…shoot me.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My BS in action: 1=0
    10 - 9 = 10-10
    I cannot complete the proof; 5 years of proper math has trained my brain to be mostly flawless at math to the point where I'm unable to complete bullshit math.

Just be glad you ain't taking a geometry proveing class where one of the goals is prove the pythagorean theorem. Or finding the center of a circle given a chourd.

4. ChameleonSoul

In September I'm going to be transferring to an online college to get a B.F.A. in Graphic Design. I was supposed taking classes on a physical campus last year but I got very sick in November and couldn't complete the semester. I'm not really complaining because I actually am able to go to a very prestigious school for my major for about half the price and it'll pretty much be a review of what I did last year.

I'm only going to be doing three classes this semester, but they're each 5 credits and they only go until the middle of November.

The classes I'm taking are:
    ARTH 100 - Survey of Western Art I
    DRAW 100 - Drawing I
    DSGN 100 - Design I

5. MrSkittles

I'm going into junior year of my high school I'm taking
    Foundation of Trig(Since my bad grades in algebra 1 and geometry the school thought it would be simpler and easier to take this instead of algebra 2 since I am not ready for it)
    Physics(usually a senior course but since I skipped earth science in 9th grade(thank God) I got to take higher up courses. )
    Health(ugh)
    English 11
    Spanish 3
    U.S History

6. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm starting my junior year of high school and I'll be taking band, AP physics 1, Psychology, Latin III, AP English, AP Biology, and pre-calculus. Looking forward to the subjects, not the workload lol

7. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am taking (freshman in high school this year):

- Geometry
    - World History (I can't take AP classes this year so no advanced history sadly... :frowning2: )
    - Physics
    - Advanced English (soooo excited for this one, I worked really hard to get into it)
    - Health (ugh. Would not be looking forward to it except a TON of my friends are in it)
    - Latin II

8. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a Junior in College and my major is a hybrid of business and I.T. The idea is that you take computer science classes that typically are useful in business (databases, ecommerce, c++, etc). I'm also getting a certificate in CyberSecurity and hoping to get my CompTIA Security+ certification sometime this school year.

This semester i'm taking:
    - Advanced Research Writing
    - Intermediate Accounting
    - eCommerce
    - Management - Organizational Leadership
    - Principles of Marketing

I want to add another class but i'm already taking 15 credits this semester + working part time. I need some me time after-all.

#28 Geek, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really? CollegeBoard allows Freshmen to take AP classes as a freshmen. In fact, my brother took AP Human Geography as a Freshman. In any case, you're being blessed, AP World History is a bitch from what I hear. Many of my smartie friends absolutely dreaded that class.