1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay refugee living in Turkey has been found brutally murdered

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Aug 5, 2016.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Sagume Kishin

That's so sad... That people would do things like this in light of recent events is especially tragic and sickening. :frowning2:

It really is like the old days, though. A lot of places haven't changed much. People can still be so hateful... just look at Russia, Saudi Arabia or Nigeria.
    And even in the case of Turkey, you can't change the hearts and minds of people. While it isn't quite as bad as the countries I just listed to my knowledge... you still get things like this happening.

My heart goes out to the guy's family and friends, and I hope those who murdered him because he was different get what they deserve. I hope, one day, we can all live without fear because of who we are.
    But... that's idealistic. I don't think we'll ever achieve it.
    It doesn't mean we can't try.

3. White Knight

Hmm concerning news.

I knew this kind of thing coming with current changes in country.

There is a mentality behind it because he is Syrian. Similar treatment done to trans people as well... more specifically trans women. They kinda viewed as expendable... they are people no one will look for or ask about... I don't know how to name it...

It have to change yes but how I don't know. First people need to view them as humans instead of some sort of biological waste.

Turkey unfortunately going to wrong direction on humanity scale lately.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is tragic, there's still a lot of scary places in the world. And not that I want to get in a major political discussion about it, but the separation of church(religion) and state would be a massive step forward for a lot of countries.

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know what the hell is happening to Turkey, you used to hear such nice things about it and now it seems to be driven back in time full force.

I hope the source issue is corrected before it spreads further... pretty much every disease has it's weakness, even if said cure is yet to be discovered? :confused:

7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    People are fucked up in the mind nowadays

8. White Knight

Current government especially that Erdogan dude happening to Turkey.

Him and people his party represents are religious bigots. They are nothing new actually. They have that hate and revenge boiling in them toward Ataturk and Turkish Republic since the first days of Republic. Some of them are Ottoman lovers some of them are butt hurt because Ataturk brought secular system to Turkey. They lost their "religious" power over public or government affairs.

Now they are in power and trying to drag Turkey to those old days we, secular people hate with passion. This latest coup attempt just made things too much easier for Erdogan to cement his position.

Now opposition parties included nearly 80% of people behind him. So in short this ship is sinking and nobody knows what we will face down in darkness.

So what happened/happening to LGBT people is grim and unacceptable this country has far more concerning issues at the moment.

I will repeat what I say everytime LGBT rights come up during conversations, This country need to give equal rights to women, children and animals first then we can talk about LGBT rights, after this people learn how to be humans. :icon_sad:

#8 White Knight, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  9. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

10. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope we amend the law to basically make it an auto-visa and easy path to citizenship to lgbt people who come from such countries. Disgusting animals. I'd like to nuke them but I'm not in charge, oh well (mostly kidding).

11. Nobo

I want to find the people that did this and do the same thing they did to him to them

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Knock it off

13. Nobo

Don't you think that some sick peices of shit terrorists or other people might take huge advantage of that?