1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First break up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Flowey, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Flowey

The pain in the chest that I've been feeling lately is a total normal part of the process, right? :bang:

2. DaniC

Yeah. It's normal. I don't have good advice. It took me a long, long time to get over my first. It was devastating.

If you're school age, study with friends so you don't have a chance for your mind to wander. If you are old enough to work, work a lot. If you can do house work or chores to keep you busy, do that.

I guess if I have any advice it's try to keep yourself busy and surround yourself with people that care about you and that you are comfortable being around. Go do things like social functions. Meet new people. I'm not saying dating because I know you're probably not ready for that. But go with some friends to mixers or whatever where other people your age will be so you can hang out and and talk to people and try to get your mind off of it. It will feel really difficult to get your mind off of it, but it's something you just have to keep working on. Just keep working on it until one day you maybe notice it isn't as bad as it once was.

Here's kind of an important one. I know you'll be wanting to talk to people about it. This relationship was important to you. But if you keep bringing it up to your friends over and over again then some of your friends may get tired of it and not want to hear it anymore. So maybe try to keep some of that conversation to your one or few closest best friend or friends. And try not to wear them out with it. Talk to them, that's what friends are for, but get a feel for if they seem to be getting tired of it. So come here and talk about it as much as you want. I'm sure there will always be someone listening. Seek out a professional counselor or therapist. It doesn't matter how old you are, a good therapist can help you talk through things like this and it can be a huge help. Sometimes services like this can be offered at a discount or even free depending on where you live.

3. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yep, it sucks, it will get better {clichè incoming}. Time heals all wounds. (*hug*)

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't remember chest pains, go to the doctor.

If that wasn't meant to be taken literally, then I guess it's normal if you were that much into him.

Plenty of fish at the sea, you'll see.