1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Drunk

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Albea, Jul 30, 2016.

1. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm aware I actually quit for three years until this year, for those exact reasons.

2. AmyBee

Probably around 14 or 15. I mean, I remember what we did, just not exactly when. I don't remember what we drank, either. Something not too hard, I suppose. My brother bought it for us whatever it was and it was just my best friend and I drinking. I spent the night at his house and that was our big plan for the night. Get drunk for the first time. It was winter and we had this thing where we both refused to wear jackets or coats. Instead we piled on layers of regular clothes. I have no idea why. He came up with it and I followed along, too. So we were both wearing like five shirts and three pairs of pants. We sneaked out of his house and drank the alcohol in the alley across the street and I'm pretty sure we acted a lot drunker than we really were. We knew these girls from school were having a sleepover at this one girl's house so we made a big show of walking a few times up and down the street in front of her house but no one ever opened the door and invited us in so we went home and watched TV.

3. Albea

yeah same, it really takes away the stress of being in social settings. especially because i care so much about what people think of me, its so much easier when I'm a little tipsy. haha

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2016 at 10:59 PM ----------

hahahaha thats actually so funny. i wonder why your pissed heads couldn't think to wear jackets. hahaha

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2016 at 11:04 PM ----------

same with me. i love the ease and carefree..ness it gives me. it also takes the pressure off of me in social situations.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2016 at 11:06 PM ----------

yeah i got you. i started drinking with my friend who is on antidepressants. the alcohol didn't go well with her at all and it turned into a really messy situation.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2016 at 11:07 PM ----------

thats very true ^

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2016 at 11:09 PM ----------

actually i have never gotten a hangover. no idea why. maybe cause i usually sleep in hecka late. i dunno.

4. kronixx

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    don't drink now and probably never will, just one of the things that screws up your health in the long run

5. Albea

thats very true. but i think its ok if you only do it once in a while. I run so i can't do it too often other wise i think it would slow me down.

6. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me neither! I don't see the point of getting drunk, really, not being in control of your actions and then waking up with a headache doesn't sound very appealing.

Besides, alcohol is bad for you - not that I'm the healthiest person ever, but I'm not going to risk damaging my body when I don't even like the stuff.

7. tulipinacup

I drink probably 3 or 4 times a month. I'm lightweight but at the same time I could drink as many shots of alcohol as my friends would. I do remember getting drunk and went online to this forum. It was pretty embarrassing I'm surprised I wasn't banned that time.

8. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never been drunk and never plan to be.
    Not a fan of alcohol. I don't even have a health reason for not drinking, I just dislike it.

I do not like the thought of numbing my experiences in life, or losing control of my mind. The same goes for drugs of any sort, though that is also coupled with a phobia of becoming addicted to drugs and alcohol.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2016 at 08:25 AM ----------

Nah I'm "that guy" too.
    Have to constantly remind myself that most people end up drinking in their early or mid teens.

#28 Matto_Corvo, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  9. -Lana-

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    New years eve of 2014 into 2015. I was 15 and it was hilarious because my family were there and they were just like wtf are you doing

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A few years around, during a kickback with some friends of a friend. I've been tipsy before that (and since then), but it's not my intention to reach a certain level of drunkenness, or anything. 'tis the downside to being a lightweight, I 'spose...

/whiskeysnob

11. Embi

Embi Guest

I've only been slightly drunk so far, because I am one of those responsible people (I do love alcohol). But I guess I was around 16 at a birthday party when that happened. I never drank enough to be any drunk before that. I don't want to forget what I did, so I don't drink too much.

12. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't ever plan on drinking either.

The idea of alcohol has never appealed to me

13. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never. I started drinking at age 22, and at most got buzzed (and this was vodka mind you). I have a stronger tolerance to alcohol and getting drunk looks uninteresting. Also, I have become teetotal now, so it'll probably never happen.

14. Albea

Honestly, when's after a night of drinking I remember everything that happened. Even on really heavy drinking nights.

15. DaniC

This is a wise idea. I can speak from many wasted years that getting drunk is not always a good thing.

But about 16 is my answer, and then not again until 18.

16. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm too young for alcohol so I haven't been drunk.

17. IamCasey

Never been drunk but have seen my big bro and some of his friends drinking. Some people do not know when to stop and they act silly, do dumb things and then end up getting sick and the next morning moan and groan about how they feel. Not for me. Besides I get to watch them and I have more fun than they do!

18. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I think one of the things that put me off was my schooldays - especially the last two years - where I was just surrounded by people getting shitfaced like it was a contest and then throwing up all over the floor. Not for me, thanks...

19. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in my twenties. I normally have to drink a lot in order to be seriously drunk, but this was strong. Saturday noon in Buenos Aires.

20. killswitch0029

Been drinking since I was a teenager but never got legitimately drunk until I turned 21