1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trigger crush / breakup mixtape

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CapColors, Jul 21, 2016.

1. CapColors

According to the people on the forum, a trigger crush is a person of the same gender on whom one develops a very strong crush that is the 'trigger' for realizing that the crusher is gayer than they had realized before.

This mix is a musical letter to a trigger crush. It says stuff the crushers can’t (or at least really, really shouldn’t!) say to them. The mix starts with pain, anger and desire and moves through acceptance and into hope. I hope this mix helps people come to terms with loving and letting go of their trigger crushes.

I do NOT advise sending it to crushes; you’ve been warned, people. :slight_smile:

It’s also a pretty good general breakup playlist. I know a lot of us here go through intense breakups. I included multiple genres of songs and both male and female singers, although most songs are people singing about females.

Making this mix for our community has helped me. It is such a comfort to know others have suffered and turned their feelings into art. These tracks are almost all amazing songs as well as good vehicles for the sentiments. I really hope it helps you as well.

The songs are here (goes to sendspace, no ads)
    Please do not disperse them widely!; these are intended for personal use by members here or close friends you think might benefit.

I've entered the songlist text below as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

# TITLE WHO WHY I CHOSE THIS
    1 UNTOUCHABLE FACE ANI DI FRANCO because this. this exactly. i really could have only put this one song on the mix 20X
    2 UNDISCLOSED DESIRES MUSE a hypnotic track about possessive sexuality. mmm. yummy.
    3 ROLLING IN THE DEEP ADELE one of the few upbeat tracks like this; a little threatening but i like her agency
    4 YOU WOULDNT LIKE ME TEGAN & SARA for when your love makes you unlikeable
    5 & 6 HURT | HURT NIN (J. CASH) a masterpiece: i couldn’t choose one. nin makes you want to run in terror (from you) but cash DESICCATES you.
    7 SAVE ME AIMEE MANN oh, honey. your trigger can’t save you
    8 SHITLIST L7 why is everyone so straight for fuck’s sake it’s ridiculous
    9 BLURRY PUDDLE OF MUDD yes it’s emo bro rock but it’s full of real pain
    10 DIVORCE SONG LIZ PHAIR OOF. so drily and deceptively heartbroken. feels very middle aged somehow
    11 PERSONAL JESUS DEPECHE MODE you do everything you can for your trigger. stop it, fool.
    12 DO IT LIKE A DUDE JESSIE J girls can BUY a dick you know. give us a chance sugar, sugar, sugar
    13 PICTURES OF YOU THE CURE when you delete all pics because perfection and also the love on your face
    14 ALL OF ME DARTMOUTH AIRES haunting a cappella rendition of this song of loving someone’s imperfections
    15 I WANT YOU ELVIS COSTELLO DAMN. only a certain kind of man can write a rant this hot and entitled (yet pathetic) but we can all enjoy it
    16 CLEOPATRA THE LUMINEERS listen to this song and don’t cry. i dare you. i certainly can’t.
    17 GRAVITY SARA BARIELLES such a beautiful vocal you almost forget your own pain
    18 WHERE DOES THE GOOD GO TEGAN & SARA “better to have loved and lost” is only for once-requited love. unrequited is the fucking worst.
    19 FUCK YOU CEELO GREEN you want to listen to someone ELSE whine like a child? ok hee.
    20 I CAN’T MAKE U LOVE ME ADELE (B RAITT) "too on the nose"? fight me. y'all're just lucky I didn’t choose the terrifying bon iver version
    21 FIX YOU UP TEGAN & SARA god, you try and try to fix yourself, don’t you? you are bad at it, but you TRY
    22 UGLY HEART G.R.L. fun track to run away your woes to
    23 DONT LET ME DOWN THE CHAINSMOKERS a cool modern dance track with heart and a msg for friends who want to help
    24 WHATAYA WANT FROM ME ADAM LAMBERT when your friends are waiting for you and you are just trying not to die in the meantime
    25 TWO OF US AIMEE MANN the hazy may-never-come future where you are friends again with your crush

2. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Was it bad that I sent all the text portion, in a letter to my trigger crush? I kid, I kid.

I've listened to most of those songs on repeat during the most painful time, so it does help!

3. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a great list! Thanks! :slight_smile:

4. CapColors

It really does. I mean I'm not CURED but it helps at least as much as therapy. Check out the ones you don't already have. It's quite a list. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2016 at 05:02 PM ----------

I hope it helps, or at least you find a couple cool new songs.

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2016 at 05:28 PM ----------

OK, I broke the link to the songs because I didn't realize it violated terms and conditions. I'll make a spotify or google playlist and upload that when I can!