1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News UK School to use "Zie" instead of He and/or She

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ram90, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Oh my god, yes! Everything about this is beautiful! Amen, Ana.

#41 Bobsleigh1, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  2. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I could swear I heard about Zir being used in Shakespeare or some such work.

Iiimee, I totally understand where you're coming from. But I have a schoolmate who uses Zim/Zir, and... Even though I couldn't really understand why they would want to do so, I saw..... I don't know. How thier gender totally and utterly ripped them apart, how it totrured them to be called "she". It gave me a new appreciation for the pronoun.

3. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

What ever happened to agreeing to disagree???

4. iiimee

I didn't know that agreeing to disagree means that I can't explain why I disagree. My mistake. :dry:

5. iiimee

I didn't know that agreeing to disagree means that I can't explain why I disagree. My mistake. :dry:

6. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

You must know that that's not what your doing.
    I get 'free speech' and all, but what your saying is more like calling someone a dick when they're obviously standing in the same room: It doesn't matter if 'it's your opinion', you just don't do it.
    Your first post said enough about your opinion on the matter, and that was fine. That seemed like just a person sharing their opinion. And we're all okay with that. But every post on this thread made by you after that has just been the same statement reiterated over and over again:
    'I hate people that use these pronouns.'

And that's not 'explaining'.

Go for it, hate on people who've done nothing but introduce themselves to you all you want, but what your doing here now is just unnecessary and hurtful.
    I really don't want to start an argument with you because I've read other posts of your's and have felt like your probably a generally nice person and such, but i also don't want this 'online sanctuary' for people like the ones your hating on made negative by posts like your recent ones.

I'm not asking you to remove yourself from this thread, i just feel like this thread was started for intellectual conversation... as opposed to hateful debates. ^.^;

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2016 at 05:46 AM ----------

And, yeah, i'm pretty sure Shakespeare and the likes at least loved to use gender-neutral pronouns so...

#46 Bobsleigh1, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  7. anthracite

anthracite Guest

But how many pronouns do we need to invent until everybody is happy? To be honest, I had to get used to they/them, but it makes sense to me, because non-binary people might feel as stupid as I do when called "she". But transdudes can have their he's and transladys can have their she's but who needs that zim/zir stuff? Otherkin people? I think they just make fun of us.

8. eMei

It should be he and she until someone says otherwise imo.

9. Flowey

Well I will just stick to the 2nd pronoun and the person's name.
    Personally I prefer to be called "Lord/Master/God/Your Divine/Sexy/Cutie"
    See, I can be generous. Take your pick

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why? I can't see any harm in it. Do you think there will be negative consequences of simply using new words? I don't think something bad will happen because of it...

Do you think those people represent everyone who uses such pronouns?

It won't make you look like an idiot. It will just show that you can be respectful and considerate toward others. (*hug*)

Thanks. :lol:

(^.^) Thank you~.

11. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, everything is fine and dandy until you meet an agender person that also speaks German, and calling them "Zie" would sound like the german "She". They is the better option any day.