1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Libertino, Jul 12, 2016.

1. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It probably shouldn't cut it but it is logical that he wants to support Hillary. He is smart and knows Trump is the true problem. Bernie is not stupid. He has our best interests in mind even if it's not perfect.

2. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

Could be logical but I don't see how it is supporting a party that smeared him and had Hillary as their candidate before the race began it seems. I doubt he has our best interests in mind but I feel that way with just about every politician. The ones that seem to care don't get enough attention. Democratic Party is still evil even if it isn't as looney as the Republicans but that shouldn't be one of their main selling points.

The biggest thing Hillary has going for her is "At least I'm not Trump" and "I'm a woman". We could've gotten better than this from both parties I'm disappointed. I'll tear up to "Cry Me a River" soon.

3. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only reason I think he has our best interests in mind is because he is a really honest, humble guy and I believe in him. I believe that he will stand up for what's best for our country. I was a Bernie supporter so I believe in what he says personally.

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He's dangerous for the US. His ideas are just outright insane. I feel like a lying, corrupt candidate that was given to us by a rigged system courtesy of the DNC is still better than Trump. Let's face it, he was prepared to give powers of foreign affairs to a VP candidate, he's not willing to defend other NATO nations if they are attacked, and he's playing on people's fears. That's just a short list of what he has in store for us.

At the very least, Clinton offers a continuation of the same bullshit we have today.

I see how Trump would open our eyes, but I'm now legitimately concerned he would destroy the country in the process.

However, voting third party isn't a terrible idea. If enough people support a third party candidate (from both sides), then they'll have enough support to actually have a say in national debates and we hear more than just a two sided argument.

5. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    That's your opinion but in the end you didn't go with the one you felt you aligned with the most. Still your choice I'm not saying you're right or wrong I just find it a fault within the system. Me personally I have given up on both parties atm.

If he is so honest I don't see why he would align himself with so much corruption. I would've preferred him just show up, call DNC out, and not endorse Hillary. He did the opposite and even if he means well I don't think the higher ups in the DNC give a damn about taking his policies seriously. Warren seems good too but I don't see DNC listening to her either.

DNC are too stuck in their ways to accept being progressive now. Not accepting change? Seems a bit "Republican" to me. This false dichotomy of supporting one over the other ignores that both are corrupt and need to improve from within.

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bernie's speech at the DNC is amazing right now.

7. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is no hate toward anyone but I would honestly like to know statistically the racial and gender makeup of the #BernieorBust people (that are still 100% to going either vote third party, vote Trump, or not vote at all out of hate for Hillary) on here. My hypothesis is that most of the people are white males and even though they are LGBTQ there is quite a bit of privilege in being a white male person in the community. I am not pointing out anyone specific but I'm a data freak and my hypothesis goes as follows: Those with white male privilege in the LGBTQ community are more likely to support the notion of voting Trump, third party, or not voting at all. That isn't to say that women or PoC wouldn't do the same..I'm just talking numbers. I also am not saying there are no white men on here that will vote Hillary. Again I'm just speaking numbers.

#127 midwestgirl89, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First, I'm not 100% guaranteed to vote against Clinton. But I will say I have given some serious thought to doing so.

Yes, I am a white male, which gives me some advantages. But I do try to have concern for the non-white, non-males who'd get clobbered by the Republicans given a half a chance.

Past this, I have my own issues that won't be helped--and might actually be hurt--by a Trump Presidency. As those who follow my whines know, cash flow is a hugely serious issue for me. I am frankly fed up with poverty, and the effects of poverty. It might be fun, for example, to have a boyfriend--but poverty makes it hard if not impossible to date. At this point, I honestly wonder if my only chance at ever even having sex is finding hookups on a hookup app. Oh, wait! I forgot! I can't afford a smart phone, so even that is out of the question!

So I have some personal stake, and I have concern for others.

The problem is...I don't have much if any faith in Clinton. She would be better, no doubt of that, but I see her being very much "business as usual." I don't see much hope of her administration doing anything that will help me or other people in a similar position. The only hope I have is that there will be enough pressure put on her if she's elected that she will actually be at least moderately progressive. But...I have to wonder if it's not the hope of both Clinton and the DNC that they can get away with sounding progressive now, and then forgetting all the promises once January rolls around--and being able able to get away with it.

So...I'm giving serious thought to going 3rd party. Perhaps Jill Stein. I don't think she's really qualified to be President; however, it's highly unlikely she'll be elected. And my vote would at least be a message adding support to the idea of a 3rd party, and also a message to the DNC that I am fed up, and won't support business as usual.

However, I am aware of how bad Trump would be...and if I were in a swing state, I'd vote for Clinton, even if I had to first clamp my nose shut with the strongest clamp at Home Depot.

Finally, I might as well mention this: a high school friend is very anti-Clinton, and very pro-Stein. A white privileged male? No, actually a woman my age--and she has most recently been furious about Tim Kaine, partly because wanted a strong, true pro-choice VP.

9. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah unless you're rich it'll be hard in a Trump presidency too so I definitely see what you mean. I'm sure there are other anti-Clinton people that are women or even PoC. I understand the frustration that she might not do as much as she needs to do for us while in office. I also would hope others in office + the people of the USA will gather together and put pressure on them to actually do stuff. I understand not being decided yet. You have until November so that's a while haha.

(the rant below isn't directed at you lol it's just a general comment to the world)

What I have seen during the DNC and on social media is that a lot of people who are sticking to the #BernieorBust movement by voting Trump, voting third party, or not voting at all are white. They are also women but overwhelmingly they seem to be white and male. I saw on the tv people with their mouths covered. Almost all of them were young white people.

I know people that are pleading on my social media to their friends to vote for Hillary because they are terrified of what will happen in a Trump presidency. That person is a PoC and trans. This sort of intersectionality isn't taken into consideration by a lot of the BernieorBusters. I have friends on my facebook who refuse to vote for Hillary and all of them are white straight men.

It seems like some people (not all) in the radical Bernie movement live with just the right amount of privilege that allows them to not be deathly afraid of a Trump presidency. I'm female, gay, and have a disability. I am white so I have a lot of privilege but I am still scared for my friends who aren't white.

I know people get mad when Hillary supporters use the "fear" tactic but honestly it isn't even about bullying people into voting for Hillary for many people. People like me and my friends weren't Hillary supporters to begin with but we can't afford to let a man of hate in the office like Trump. For people like my trans friend it could mean the difference between life or death. It could also be life or death for my sister's Muslim immigrant friends.

#129 midwestgirl89, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016