1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Libertino, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Simple Thoughts

It does mean something really. Trump takes it to an extreme and treats it like he should be saying anything he wants even if it's horribly racist, but that's not to say there isn't an issue with politically correct outrage in the country. People are sick of every movie release and game release being flooded with "OMG this offends me!" and then the movie director or the game designers have to make sudden last minute changes because so many people threw a fit about some stupid trivial aspect of their work, and it's not rare it happens with just about every single movie that drops or game that comes out at this point.

Then we have the abomination that was ghostbusters where you can't point out that the movie is a bland, stale, corporate sellout kind of movie because the leads happen to be women. It doesn't matter that they are women it's just tired out old jokes that aren't funny and the movie sucks.

Also as was pointed out by someone else

People are tired of the standard do nothing politican. The one who's more concerned with looking good and being well dressed and saying the right things to actually get anything done worth doing. Trump for as crazy as he is is a breath of fresh air in our politics because he's taken the traditional boring politics with no heart or soul behind them and breathed a little life into the mix. Same with Bernie Sanders he brought some life and energy to the democratic party who set out to work immediately trying to kill that breath of life and snub all the young people because apparently they want their party to die off.

2. Herbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If people are tired of the standard politician, the primaries certainly didn't show it; the majority of people voted for Hillary or someone other than Trump. I'm fine with a do nothing politician, or at least vastly prefer it to a 'breath of fresh air'; maybe I just don't find life and verve as important as policy decisions, since life and verve are useless in the actual chief executive. A heartless politician is the norm, and if the alternatives to heartless politicians are fools, I'm quite fine with them.

In terms of political correctness, you don't complain about people complaining about something, you ignore them. Some people like the movie, some don't, and we can call the people that critisize the other group assholes without using a trite political buzzword. People like to act like their grievances with the state of the world are somehow unique, modern, and deserving of special phrases. They aren't. Politics is politics, assholes are assholes, it's really quite simple.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite frankly, the looney left bailing for Stein is going to have a very negligible impact on the outcome of the election. As much as I'd like to give them an enthusiastic wave goodbye and hold the door open for them, the fact remains that they'll all come running back eventually.

The Democratic Party won't have the White House forever, and when that happens, the far left will realize once again that winning is much better than nominating an ideologically pure candidate who doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, and come flocking back home. That door will still be open, but they need to realize that the rest of us are the adults in charge.

#103 AwesomGaytheist, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think "PC" is even an appropriate word for Trump because politically correct is often used to talk about people getting offended over little things but he says that women ooze blood out of their eyes and Mexicans are rapist so I'd say people who are tired of PC and are ok with that kind of rhetoric are straight up racist / sexist apologists or racist / sexist themselves.

5. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The only comment I want to make on this is about Donald Trump criticizing Sanders. First off, they always do this. Both Democrats and Republicans always endorse whomever is the candidate. Plus, Trump is trying to unite the party himself.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    How amicably authoritarian of you.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always wonder what goes through these people's minds. Don't they want to woo voters rather than alienate them further? Talk about the pros of electing Hillary Clinton -- find some common ground. If you've taken any writing class you've learned that's the way to persuade people. Immediately shutting them down or attempting to put them on the defensive makes it worse. I'm voting for Jill Stein at the moment, but the more the democrats insult and belittle my decision, the more likely I will switch to Trump just to spite them.

8. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

It's contradictory aint it? Some Hillary supporters claiming he's close-minded yet won't accept that some people (left or moderate) won't vote for her yet insult them. I thought they were suppose to be the "mature ones". Doesn't make them part of the problem blame the horrible general selections from both parties. See why they would do that in the first place and find a spot both can agree on.

Calling them childish and naive is dividing the party quicker than them "splitting the vote" by picking Stein or Johnson. Wanna stop people from voting for Trump, Hillary supporters? Respect their decisions and stop talking to people who disagree with Hillary like you're better than them. Further insults and smugness is what pushes them to be petty and vote for Trump to spite you. Unless, that's what you want.

As I feel I always have to say, not every Hillary supporter feels this way and some may actual reflect her policies. It's a persons choice who they vote for but not every potential voter will share your sentiments even if they mean right. IMHO, we should focus on who can do best by this country and not just "the most likely to win". This isn't sports but with the poo flinging between voters you'd think it was.

9. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This topic has gone to the hills and over the moon.
    Point and simple the nomination is a popularity contest, Bernie did this so a Democrat would be in office. He'd much rather it be himself though just as with anyone.

10. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think one of the problems is that many Bernie or Bust people made up their minds 6 months ago that no matter what happens they won't vote for Hillary and they won't listen to anyone explain what the pros of Hillary are. I'm not talking about you specifically but about other Bernie people who literally said from day like... 5 that they won't even listen to Hillary because they hate her so much. So it's a catch 22. Bernie Bros/Bernie or Bust people won't listen to anything regarding pros about Hillary and the people who disagree with them assume that all third party voters are the Bernie or Bust/Bernie Bros people that refuse to listen to Hillary's pros. This alienates both sides and we get nowhere. It'd be great if people could sit down and have a civil conversation about it but it's gotten out of hand over social media. I saw so many memes on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc about #NeverHillary and #BernieorBust that it made me incredibly angry and also made some of my other friends angry. Keep in mind we were all Bernie backers. We voted Bernie but the Bernie or Bust rhetoric created too much hostility for us and Trump is the real enemy for us.

It created a divide in the Democratic party that didn't need to happen. It pitted 2 candidates (Bernie and Hillary) against each other instead of pitting them against Trump who is the real bad guy. I'm not blaming anyone specifically here but the whole #BernieorBust and #NeverHillary movement really did damage to the open communication among Democrats and created a more hostile environment because of resentment from both sides.

#110 midwestgirl89, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

I'm always beginning to hope Trump-chan wins. Maybe that way the people of the United States will start seeing that they're playing a rigged game, get active, and start thinking about some real change themselves.

12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My friends and I keep joking that if it happens we are moving somewhere and waiting for the Purge to begin.

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Oops, that's almost I meant, not always, lol.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. The thing is, as I'm used to a - crappy, indeed very crappy - but certainly higher standard* than you guys across the Atlantic, Hillary and Trump is really a to-may-to, to-mah-to thing to me. Sure, Hillary might be infinitesimally better than the duck, but I'd still take major emotional damage from voting for someone as evil as her.
    If I lived in the US I would likely have left long ago.

And the thing is, I do wonder, really, how much bad Trump will do if he were to assume office. I don't think it's written in stone like so many others seem to think it is. I mean, sure, the pres has a lot of power, but ultimately I think he likely can't go on serving his own narcissistic interests or the interests of the more reactionary votes he receives, because the ultimate interest he serves is that of capital, although capital can certainly survive episodes of instability.

*check out this bullshit article for reference: Sweden officially the 'goodest' country in the world, study says | World Politics | News | The Independent

14. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah on his own Trump couldn't do much (other than spew hate speech and make people rise up against minorities) but with US politics he will be able to name a Supreme Court justice, start war, and the Republicans could gain control of the Congress so it's a domino effect.

15. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It's not just Bernie supporters faults. Many didn't even give Bernie a try. Yes BernieorBust is something I disagree with but to a lot of people(especially us millennials, non-partisan, moderate,etc) he was the only candidate they could relate to between him, Trump, and Hillary. He did help bring something new so I respect him for that as the Democratic Party leans more center right so a Bernie helps negate that somewhat. Just comes to voters to actually give a candidate like that a shot instead of saying, "He/she sounds nice but won't win".

The whole Democratic party sickens me through all of this and I personally want nothing to do with it. Republican party is an asylum so I feel left out.

One party mainly offers "At least we aren't backing Trump!" and the other supports Trump. Sigh. I'll get a good crying session in just my underwear in November. Wish me luck but again I'm not knocking anyone for backing either just not for me. Don't try to make yourself to be some angel(saying in general) when either way someone who'll be responsible for killing innocents will be elected regardless. Hillary already is but I don't see Trump being a cool-headed humanist either.

At the end we all need to take accountability all sides. No one is flawless and we all have consequences to our actions. Even the people that vote Hillary which is within their rights to do so.

16. Ashley2103

I heard about those emails the DNC head is stepping down for. You know, conspiring against Bernie. What a backstab on Bernie! I'm done with the Democrat Party for life now. He is probably too weak to stop endorsing Hillary though. I hate Trump but I'd rather have him in now.

#116 Ashley2103, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  17. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Were you a Bernie supporter ? Trump is the opposite of him and a hate monger. At least Hillary and Jill Stein aren't racist sexist inexperienced idiots. Also Pence hates gay people.... If you're done with the Democrats maybe consider voting third party or not voting at all?? I don't usually like third party votes this year at all but a vote for Trump is the worst option ever.

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    BREAKING: Hillary Clinton Brings Disgraced DNC Chair Onto Her Campaign

19. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope people are mature tonight at the DNC. Bernie doesn't want booing. It's ridiculous.

20. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

Could she give the fingers any more to millennials & Bernie supporters? Not even Stone Cold Steve Austin flicked that many birds. I see why some want to spite the party. Sickening. Unless he's a masochist I don't understand why Bernie would still want to align with the Democratic Party. "At least she's not Trump" shouldn't cut it.