1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Libertino, Jul 12, 2016.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! HOW COULD HE SUPPORT HER!!!!!?????? I didn't vote for him but I saw him as our last Hope. This sounds so shady. He asked for a recount for the NY polls because he suspected cheating, yet he goes and supports her?! That doesn't make any sense. I feel betrayed. *cries*

BTW, dOES THIS MEAN HE'S OUT OF THE RACE?

2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last I heard, no, even though he'd endorsed Clinton, and the chances of him winning the nomination are about zero.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

4. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted for Bernie, but have switched to the Hilary camp. Trump is a rapist and a sociopath. If you don't believe me, try googling him. We can't have him as president, it would destroy our country. He would antagonize other countries to the point we'd have a war. And his hatred of foreigners is stupid. Most Muslims don't commit murder and most Mexicans are better than him.

5. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    If you say Trump/Pence enough it'll sound like trumpets. Yep. All I have for good news. It's someone's choice whether they vote for either but a lesser evil is still electing evil. That still continues a problem whether it's tradition or not.

Don't see myself voting this year but if I do it'll be because I want to for the candidate I choose. Refuse to be bullied by Hillary or Trump supporters. We just have differing opinions that's life. Not gonna demonize either supporter as long as they're respectful.

6. photoguy93

One thing that has saddened me (although I knew it would happen) is how people were so quick to turn on him or completely miss the point of this whole process.

On the other side, people need to let this go - I saw a meme on facebook shortly after and it said "don't fret, Bernie had to endorse her to speak at the convention! There's still a chance!" So basically, you're saying Bernie lied......which is what you complain about HRC.....

7. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is how I've felt more recently. I can't help but feel both angered and disappointed with how some of his former avid supporters I'm friends with on Facebook have turned on him so ferociously. It also confuses me when other people say there's still a chance for him. Even if he technically hasnt dropped out, there is no chance of him winning.

#67 kibou97, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  8. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Denial ain't just a river in Africa.

It will be three years into Clinton's presidency and people will still say Bernie has a chance because "Hillary might be indicted gaiz, I'm cereal"

9. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good point.

Although it won't be "Bernie has a chance!" It will be more likely: "Hillary stole the election using underhanded methods!!!!!!" This argument may have merits; however, it won't really change the fact that Hillary would have won the Presidency in this scenario. Just like the arguments about what happened in Florida in 2000 have no impact on the fact that Bush #2 was President.

Indeed, I remember a young woman whom I casually knew steaming about 1999 about how Perot helped Clinton "steal" the election from Bush #1. This was A) roughly 7+ years after the fact, and B) she was probably about 10 when Bush #1 lost the election.

10. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol America. I'm not an american. I don't understand the logic behind "Oh it's not going to be Sanders... So I won't be voting this year/Trump gets my vote... blah blah blah"

By all means do what you want to do but voting for the lesser is evil is still better than supporting the devil and if you choose not to vote then don't bloody complain about the government... you don't have the right to. You lost it when you chose to throw everything up in the air. It's unfortunate that the candidates are just... awful (?) but you have to work with what you have...

#70 radicalmuffins, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The real concern to me is that not everyone is aware that there are other candidates but Trump and Clinton. If we could rally enough support behind a third party we wouldn't have these two terrible choices. IMO both Stein and Johnson are better than Hillary or Trump.

12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stein and Johnson don't have any chance of winning and serve more as spoilers than anything, similar to Nader in 2000. They may be better options, who knows, but they won't win in any case. Third party candidates will never win in the U.S. in our lifetime unless something dramatic changes in the government and that isn't changing this year. The only options are Clinton or Trump right now. If we don't vote Clinton, we are basically voting for Trump.

#72 midwestgirl89, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  13. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to think that most people are aware of that 3rd party candidates exist. Anyone who has voted recognizes that there are more choices than that year's Democrat and Republican choice.

Problem is...most people also recognize that the chances a 3rd party candidate has is just about zilch.

Although I will admit that if people rallied things would change...but I don't see that happening this year. :tears:

14. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Johnson doesn't align with Sanders, he's more conservative in many issues. I have no clue what would make a Sanders supporter vote for Johnson. And Jill Stein is incredibly unqualified. She would have no idea what to do in the unlikely event that she gets elected.

15. Simple Thoughts

I get why he endorsed her. He doesn't want a Trump presidency and all that noise. He's just looking into the reality of the situation and making the best decision he can. It's not selling out it's being an adult. I think his record stands all on its own.

Personally though I'm voting for Jill Stein, and probably always will from now on. I'm done with the two major parties they can both go die in a fire for all I care.

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2016 at 01:29 PM ----------

Johnson is better than Clinton and Trump honestly. Yeah his financial policies are complete crap because he's right wing, but on social issues and on military he's a million fold better.

Personally I like Jill Stein the best. You say she isn't qualified, but neither is Trump so that argument is out the window pretty much right away. She's actually a very smart woman who does have a plan in action, and because she's so ridiculously far left a compromise with her proposed plans would give of something akin to what Sanders was trying to do for this country.

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand people wanting to vote third party because it fits better with their ideology but I also don't understand because third party in the United States will never win and serves as more of a distraction than anything. Ideally I'd love for there to be more than 2 parties but if that's what a person wants to actually succeed, they should either move to another country since other countries have 3 party systems or make a movement 2x more powerful than Bernie's. I took a quiz and my ideologies fit best with Bernie and Stein but I would be throwing my vote away if I vote her.

#76 midwestgirl89, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  17. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I see a spike in the Third Party votes happening this election but still not enough. Bit of a masochist but I have interest in what Trump would do if elected but eh rather not see it. Hillary imho will be the worse version of Obama so to me both set us back why I don't see myself voting.

If we keep choosing someone who seems clueless at their job we have to put blame on ourselves eventually.Then there's money in politics so it makes me question who these candidates really have their minds on first. That said I'm interested in what Melania Trump(however you say her name?) says as well as the Trump/Hillary debates. A bit sad I am but we'll get through it people. Props to anyone following even a bit of politics whether they're voting or not.

All political spectrums matter as long as they don't beget riots.

18. Simple Thoughts

^

The reason why we'll never have a third party in this country is because of people like you who go "Oh well it's impossible so I won't even try"

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2016 at 09:08 PM ----------

The third parties need only to get to 15% in the polls. Johnson is already polling at 10% and Stein just had a 1000% increase in her campaign funding so I'm expecting her polling numbers to spike a good bit here pretty soon. If they hit that magic number and get into the debates it's going to expose a lot of people to the third parties and we might see a drastic change in the way people see the third party choices.

19. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have anything against the idea of a third party in general. Actually I think it's pretty great if we could have 3 or 4 in the future. However that future is not now. Risking our country's well being on a third party candidate is not worth it. The numbers are not there for the third party candidate. If everyone could get on the same page then maybe so but many will pull behind Hillary and then only some will want third party. Those people could throw the vote. If people vote third party then all that will happen is there will be a split vote and Trump will win. Make it happen when Trump and Pence aren't the alternatives.

#79 midwestgirl89, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  20. Simple Thoughts

I disagree. Johnson is the one polling the best among the third parties which means he'd actually split the republican vote, and honestly I hate this 'blame the third party' mentality when it comes to all this. It's not the third parties fault if Clinton or Trump and terrible that's their own fault and their own failing.

I don't want either Trump or Clinton as president. Clinton is a war hawk who'll wind up putting us at war with Russia if she tries a no fly zone and Trump is an authoritarian strong man.

Also there will never be a "Right time" where the stars perfectly align. The media is always going to hand you the two worst possible choices which are going to get worse and worse and worse and worse until the left is Donald Trump and the Right is Erdogan or some crazyness like that because our country is being pushed further and further and further to the right and if we don't break the two party broken rigged corrupt bullcrap system and start fighting back it'll be too late.

The environment cannot wait until the "Right time" we either fix it now or the human race goes extinct.

#80 Simple Thoughts, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016