1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Date A Trans Person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iiimee, Jul 10, 2016.

?

Would You Date A Trans Person?

1. I'm cis. No, I would NOT date a trans person.

16 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. I'm trans. No, I would NOT date another trans person.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. I'm cis. I would date certain trans people. (Please specify in comments)

40 vote(s)
    42.6%
  4. I'm trans. I would date certain trans people. (Please specify in comments)

37 vote(s)
    39.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Um, it's always the same audience. What world are you living in?

2. iiimee

The world in which there are lots of different people on this site every few weeks or so. Sure, there are regulars, but there are a lot more people who are only on here occasionally.

3. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    right now, the answer is "no, for many reasons." Maybe one day my mind will be changed, but with the impressions I've had I don't want to be stepping into those waters.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no problem with this question being asked more than once because I do know that there are new people.
    But it becomes downright redundant and annoying when it is asked almost every week, and usually by someone who has been on this sight for a few months or longer. Can't we go at least four or five months before asking again? Or just have away for new people to see that this question has been asked before?

5. iiimee

^ But where's the fun in that? :wink:

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    No one wants to hear the same answers

8. iiimee

You're missing the point. Answers aren't always the same, and not everyone was hear to hear the answers last time. You know how you get actual answers? You ask very specific questions over and over again, or run very specific tests over and over again, and you carefully look at the differences between every question's results and come to conclusions based on every single question asked and every single time they were asked.

9. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's take a deep breath and chill everyone. Since all of us are being honest, polite and respectful to/with each other, let's try and keep it that way. Positive encouragement everyone! Who cares how the other threads, the old ones went? This one is much more positive. Let's keep it that way :slight_smile:

So....Let it Go! Let it Go! Don't dwell on the past anymoreeeee!

Ahem. Now that I've got that out of my system.

I voted no. I'm not very romantic or sexually active, so I desire emotional bonding more than physical...erm pleasure? I think. So no.

10. Althidon

You voted "no I won't date trans people" because emotional bonding is more important to you than sex? That doesn't make much sense to me - could you explain? Most people who have a hang-up about dating trans* people do it because sex with a specific genital configuration is important to them in a relationship. I guess I don't understand why you think dating a trans person would mean you wouldn't get the emotional bond you want.

#70 Althidon, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  11. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew I was painting myself into a corner when I posted that. I should've elaborated, explaining it better. I apologise for the way it sounds.

I'm a strange person. Weirder than most weirdos as I like to personally describe myself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I'm very particular about some things in life, I'm very organized in some aspects, very chaotic and random in others. So along those lines since I was a kid I've dreamed of a future with a handsome, cool, guy; more so after I grew up and came to terms with me being gay. I fantasize about an awesome guy and how we'll take care of each other and stuff. Sometimes, in times of boredom, I go to the extent of fantasizing where we'd live, we're we'd work, etc etc. I have a very vivid and detail-oriented environment.

My understanding of people beyond L G and B started when I joined EC last year. So T and everything else beyond LGB came into my life after that. Before that I knew of the Third Gender. That's all. So you can say I became biased, I'd accept it if you would want to call me that, maybe since I'm ignorant or because I've personally not come into contact with a T IRL. Hence the emotional bond with a CIS Gay guy even though I know logically that I can have a similar emotional bond with a T guy. Unfortunately my heart is set, so I'm educating myself and learning and changing everyday, but it is a slow process. What I posted was my current train of thought. I might change in the future depending on my train of thought then and any personal experience I will have. No offense intended to anyone.

#71 Ram90, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  12. thepandaboss

^ Trans people can buy dinner once in a while. I, for one, have the emotional thing covered. And sometimes I even remember the put the dishes away without being asked. I have the boyfriend thing down to a science, yo.

The real question is if I'll remember posting this tomorrow morning.

13. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would date another trans person if i liked the personality, but the have to be on the more feminine side because i just don't like real macho types of people. i think dating a trans person is even a bit nicer to date fore me then a cis person because trans people understand better what i'm going through /went through. Not that i rule out cis people because a cute girl is still a cute girl whether she is cis or trans :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd date a trans person gladly.

Post or pre-op, transitioning, transitioned or no intention of having an op at all, I don't care. So long as I like the person, I'd date them :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2016 at 09:15 AM ----------

From reading this thread, another question comes to mind. "Is it okay for someone to say no to this question?"

15. Irisviel

How about, stop making such a big deal out of it. You either want to date someone or not, just don't be a dick about it when you don't like someone's physicality.

16. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm cis and bi, I would date a transperson. I probably lean towards transmen rather than transwomen but I guess maybe that's because I prefer male company. I'm not closed to anybody if they seem like an interesting human being. I get strong sexual attractions based on personality, so physicality isn't everything to me either.

17. NewHaircut

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd date male or female trans, either pre or post op, it wouldn't matter to me, as long as I was attracted to them physically, but more importantly that their personality was one that I'd desire to be with.

For some reason I imagine I'd be more physically attracted to trans women (pre or post op would make no diff to me), but more emotionally attracted to trans men. Probably that's just because I'm still coming to terms with my own sexuality. In the end, all that would matter to me are physical, intellectual and emotional attraction, regardless of gender.

18. JayJay234

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally would

19. HunterRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm saying a trans person right now. So yes I would.

20. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm open to dating any trans person who likes transwomen, whether pre/post-op or even pre-everything/non-transitioning.

#80 alexandr, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.