1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Mass Shootiing prevented by CCW holder

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Bull, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Bull

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In light of the several mass shootings, majority of which have been in gun free zones, there was an incident recently in South Carolina where a Concealed Carry permit holder stopped a potential mass shooting. Best part is Obama had no comment to this incident, where a LAW ABIDING gun carrying citizen stopped a potential of dozens of victims BUT when several people get killed by a man shooting people in a gun FREE zone BY law he says we need more of these gun free zones... I am a law abiding citizens that carries and am properly trained to do so. I am not saying everyone should have a gun, in fact I think the training I had from the CCW class should be more in-depth. Gun Free Zones just prevent people who carry legally to have them in that area. Some areas do need to be regulated to be gun free, such as government buildings and schools, but there should be trained professionals licensed to carry in those areas at ALL times students and others are present.

2. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do support concealed carry in states that wish to do so. I definitely will get a gun when I'm older, and maybe even a CC permit because why not. I just hate how the right wing media tries to pass sensible gun laws off as wanting to "ban all guns". Guns can be a good thing, like in this case. Gun free buildings (with a few obvious exceptions) are stupid if the area around them has guns. And I don't consider gun free zones to be part of the sensible gun laws.

3. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Of course Obama doesn't comment on it. Sadly before you know it, people are going to forget this ever happened.

4. RainDreamer

Huh, if this happened I thought guns advocate groups would aready be all over it. Havent seen any of the sort.

5. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think they should get rid of all guns, but America should get stricter gun control. Countries that have strict gun control laws tend to have less mass shootings.

6. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it really happened. The gun advocacy groups have been all over it, but they don't control the major news media outlets, who tend to cover stories with a lot of casualties. (the old newsroom axiom "If it bleeds it leads")

There is also the opinion by some anti gun groups that wasn't a mass shooting in the sense the guy didn't go there with the intention of killing a large number of people, like the Orlando shooter. He did fire into a group of people, but it appears it was a spur of the moment thing, not planned out. (which probably doesn't make the potential victims feel any better)

Shooter strikes 3 in South Carolina nightclub, stopped by concealed carrier | KFOR.com

7. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought Obama was pushing for better background checks, not more gun-free zones.

8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess it depends on how you define "sensible". It is sensible to want to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill and terrorist, but some of the proposed legislation has a very loose definition of what that is. One proposed bill would've denied a gun purchase if the government merely said you were on the no fly list, and you had almost no recourse to find out why you were on the list, or how to get off it. One bill proposed that if the government put you on the list, the only way to get off was to wait 5 years, and if you didn't commit a crime, then you were off the list. Guilty with a mere accusation until you prove yourself innocent is illegal under the US bill of rights in general, regardless of how someone feels about gun rights. It's why the ACLU opposed the latest proposed legislation, and they seem to hate to agree with the NRA on anything.

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know about the no fly list and how it's broken. Pretty sure the law didn't outright ban you if you were on the no fly list. What it did was made it so the government had to prove there was probable cause to deny you a gun if you were on the no fly list. That means a random innocent person on the no fly list probably wouldn't have been affected. Either way, the no fly list needs to be fixed.

If a law said you couldn't own a gun because you were accused, then hell yea it's unconstitutional. I'm sure there's more to that law too that the media isn't telling us (of course, we probably could just review it for ourselves). But who knows.

#9 Skaros, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear that a concealed carrier stopped something.

I hope to get licensed when I move to Seattle...

11. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to be a dick, but there's very little evidence that CCW helps in specific cases, proportionally. They often result in the "good guy" shooting a bystander, a law enforcement official, etc. Don't get me wrong, they do help SOMETIMES but it's also a pain in the neck to carry all the time and constantly be on alert. I won't live in fear like that. If I die, I die. Or more realistically, I'll outsmart the guy and take his gun Michael Weston style:lol:

12. RainDreamer

So have there been any actual new on this? I mean..if even fox news have not talked about something so relevant to their cause, is it the thing that actually happened?

13. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    #13 Cauldron, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  14. RainDreamer

Oh nice, someone with actual sense behind the gun this time. Need more people like that.

#14 RainDreamer, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  15. CyclingFan

Hooray! They found one!

The world you people want to live in, where everyone is constantly at full vigilance, is constantly armed, and constantly looking for a chance to use a gun disgusts me. It's a damn sickness.

You people watch too many action movies.

16. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are placing a lot of misperceptions on gun owners my friend.

17. Nobo

[​IMG]
    This sums it up perfectly

Attached Files:

#17 Nobo, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  18. CyclingFan

I am a gun owner. I'm also a resident of this little place called reality, where I have an understanding of the power and limitations of them. So, yeah, blah blah blah, responsible gun owners and all that shit, it's not the responsible ones who are bad, don't demonize guns just cause people use them to murder people regularly cause I havent murdered anyone. Wash, rinse, repeat.

A world where everyone is armed and ready for a shootout on a constant basis disgusts me. The fantasy life of far too many people is exposed with each mass shooting, if only there had been a good guy with a gun, then I could be a hero!

CCW wank fiction is a scourge on America.