1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to ask her out....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Katchoo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idk if S has or not. If she doesn't, I will.

I want to give it to her Sunday. We aren't confirmed to hang out for Sunday. I suggested we play video games or get a beer or whatever. Idk. My guts feel nervous just thinking about it.

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2016 at 08:40 AM ----------

I did download an app. Someone im not even interested just messaged me and it made me nervous as hell... On that note, I will not have the second cup of coffee. That's probably a bad idea.

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2016 at 08:53 AM ----------

Yeah, I think chatting with women on this app will give me practice at getting my nerves under control. So much nerves

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I swear your story reminds me of one of those romantic Lifetime movies and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'm curious though, how long have you been friends with this girl that you like?

I only ask because I'm sure she has no idea that you like her, not even the slighlest clue because women are typically more friendly towards their female friends. So, she probably sees your gestures as you being an awesome friend. And so, I think you need to step it up a few notches. Especially, now that the two of you no longer work together.

You should most definitely make an effort to hang out with her on her bday, and I am absolutely positive that she will love her gift. It's by far one of the most creative gifts I have seen in a while.

I've had women who liked me who tried to give me clues that they were interested in me, but I am so clueless :grin: I never picked up on any of the signs because I've always been flirtatious towards my female friends and vice versa without being interested in them like that. I suppose it's just fun sometimes to act a little silly, however you need to make your feelings known.

What if she meets someone at her new job? That would be just devastating, so while you have the opportunity now, you should take it!! And I know it's easier said than done, but at least you'll know if you stand a chance with her. Please keep me updated and good luck :thumbsup:

#62 pinklov3ly, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  3. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She worked with us right at 3 months. So, I haven't known her long. I definitely stepped up the intensity of talking, messaging, hanging out as soon as she told me she was changing jobs. She is probably clueless that I like her. She is historically clueless that guys like her, too, and communicating the les-crush is often more difficult, as your signature quote points out.

If I can manage any one on one time with her, I just need to come out, say I like her, but let her know I won't pressure her if she's not into that, so she can have an out. Sigh. But I may spend a while on Saturday figuring out which outfit I look hottest in. Can't hurt.

4. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely want to look hot! If you're hot enough, she'll have no choice but to say yes!

5. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need to process some sad feelings.

Today (Sunday) was J's birthday. I didn't get to see her. I invited myself as much as I could in good taste, and she didn't respond to my messages (just like 2, not lesbian obsessive number) from Friday and Saturday. She finally replied today at like 8 and said she had a good day, that it was quiet. Sounds like she's tired from all the working. She's holding two jobs for the time being. So, I think she had an introvert day and also hung out with family a little bit. .... I'm just sad that I wanted to get to make her happy on her birthday, and I didn't, and also that it keeps feeling really big that I want to hang out with her much more than she wants to hang out with me. I told her tonight I got her a little present, so maybe we can find some time to say hello at least. I don't know. I'm impatient to tell her just so I can know and close this loop in my brain, the repeating wondering, adding to the vague anxiety of my life.

:frowning2:

6. YeahpIdk

Oh, Katchoo (God bless you - sorry I always say that in real life when I see your name). I know exactly how this feels, and the enormity of it. It's the worst and best feeling to feel. I hate that shit. The bad news is, she might not be interested. The lack of texting you back leans that way, but she could also just be really busy. The good news is, you're cool af and there's a million ladies in the world who would be lucky to be with you!! Try to focus on something else until you can tell her how you feel.

I want to tell you something that would help you tone down your feelings, but I know it's pretty impossible at this point. The suffering is real. I'll send you some hugs instead!(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

7. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel E(my man) has been very hot and cold lately. It sucks.(*hug*)