1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presidential Race

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SnixxJuice, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sanders. I still think Sanders would've been the best option and I'm disappointed in the way the Democratic primaries turned out. I'm not going to claim it's "rigged" or anything like that, but I don't like the Democratic party system, and it's unfortunate that Bernie had to join the Democratic party to even have a shot at the presidency. At this point, I'm not sure whom I will vote for, though it will most likely be Clinton. I still am predicting that Trump will not be president, no matter what else happens.

#21 Libertino, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone but Trump so I'll vote Clinton since she's winning the primary. I'm ..... shocked any LGBT person would vote Trump . I'm

Help O_O

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've favoured Clinton throughout.

I was mildly fond of Sanders last last year. I thought he was a decent rhetorician who would unveil a breadth of sound policies closer to the major primaries.

As it turned out, he seemed to have nothing but rhetoric. I was concerned at first by his lack of attention to foreign policy and then alarmed by his sheer ignorance of it. I though his talk about breaking up the banks was a crowd-rallying tool, but he took that rather unreasonable proposal too seriously. I thought he knew the mechanisms by which he would make higher education more affordable, but instead he proposed a plan both unaffordable and not within the powers of the president.

Ultimately, I found him to be a fiery orator with precious little content and an insufficient depth of policy. I knew what he was against. That much he was very clear about. However, it was much harder to understand what he would actually do as president. That was a shortcoming that left me deeply unimpressed.

Even though Clinton backtracked on trade (though her relationship with the notion of free trade has been a bit to-and-fro since the '90s) and even though she's unclear on certain areas in which I'm sure she knows better (appealing to anti-Russian sentiment in her Syria plans, for example), I still think she's the most credible option. I think she offers political stability, deep knowledge of the laws, powers and constitutional conventions she must navigate to enact policy and has the most sound method of accomplishing relatively progressive goals.

I think she offers sensible improvements in healthcare and education without committing do so by causing a fiscal trainwreck. I think she understands the duties the US has due to its being the only superpower and a liberal democracy. She is a fairly flawed candidate, I will admit. But I'd rather someone whose capacity I trust and whose vision I see as fundamentally good, even if I don't agree with absolutely everything she has said or done, to sit in the Oval Office.

Trump is a dangerous demagogue, Johnson is a man whose philosophy would lead to truly horrible practical outcomes and Stein is a silly populist whose statement on Brexit only confirms further her economic and political illiteracy and illegitimacy for office. I could never support any of those three.

4. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted for Sanders in the primaries but Hilary won. I'm disappointed because I've never liked her. Of course, the Republicans will never get my vote with their mixed-up "values."

5. I wanted Austin Petersen to be president, but Gary Johnson won, so I'll vote for Gary Johnson.

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since this is a thread about opinions.. I am ready for Bernie to drop out of the race (I think he is being irrational and selfish) and support Hillary so we can unite the Democratic party and save the US from Trump.

7. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since it is the lessor of two evils, I am just going to vote for total evil and write in Cthulhu... Not even joking, I can not believe our system somehow allowed two of the worst candidates to get nominated.

8. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd vote for Donald Trump if it means not having Hillary Clinton as president. This year's candidate lineup was a joke. You know things are bad when Donald Trump of all people is the least worst candidate. More stringent immigration laws might be what we need at the moment, assuming he actually follows through with them.
    It's either that, or have some unpredictable wildcard of a president, who cares more about paying her election campaign debt, (after she makes her insulting "This is a great day for women all over the world!" speech,) rather than running a country competently.

9. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Then no offense I'm glad you're not from the USA and not able to vote here. Unless you are able to vote in the USA in which case.... I seriously hope you reconsider because Trump is racist, sexist, xenophobic, classist, and overall just a terrible person. Hillary isn't perfect and might suck in some aspects but at least she isn't asking for a ban on all Muslims (an incredibly xenophobic act), calling all Mexicans rapists, or saying all women are pigs. Right after Orlando Trump did a big "I told you so!" instead of actually caring about the people. Trump is only good for rich white straight men.

If anyone is a wildcard it's Trump whose only experience with working with foreign leaders is at his Miss Universe pageants. Sorry for the rant but I.....can't .......with LGBT people ....who even consider voting for him.

10. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought Clinton was ... Okay ... Until things started getting released and it came to light what a terrible person she is. And Trump, oh lawdy .. If he becomes the president of the United States, that country will be FUBAR. I mean FUBARx10000000.

And the rest just seem unlikely to be elected to be quite honest. Unfortunately it seems like the heathen might actually get elected.

11. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not joking at all when I say even I'd be a more qualified president than either Hillary or Trump. It's rather painstaking, I'm not even to my 20's, quite bad with numbers, and I'd probably do a better job, it's sort of... pathetically depressing. If Bernie doesn't somehow win the "dumb Americans" stereotype will go through the roof and I'll never hear the end of it when I move. :eusa_doh:

I'd like to think that the dim aren't as prevalent as we give them credit for, that they're just a loud minority, but I can't help but feel I'm wrong in that particular department.

12. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were American, I wouldn't vote at all this election.

Donald Trump is a bigot who is completely unqualified to run a country. Hillary Clinton is a revisionist who committed treason.

13. Hunter8

I actually can agree with that, Jakob. I am compelled to vote for neither Trump or Clinton. I actually liked Carson the best.

14. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Can't argue with that.

Nope, she's absolutely awful.

Well, neither is Trump.

Yup. He's a narcissist, it's what they do.

Trump is good for Trump and anyone who's good for Trump, regardless of race, class, gender, sexuality.

Meh. Your media with all the doomsaying is overreacting as usual whenever they go after a witch bigot. A Trump presidency wouldn't be the end of the world. Granted, it wouldn't be good either. But his more radical ideas would never see the light of day.

#34 derVaminoi, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  15. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kira for president! (!)

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Trump literally said he would ban all Muslims from entering the USA and that he wants to put up a wall to Mexico. He word for word called Mexicans rapists. The problem is that if Trump wins the presidency 1. He can nominate Supreme Court justices 2. The people of the USA have more reason to become vocally racist. 3. He will have access to nuclear weapons and can call our country to an even worse war. If our Senate approves it...... yikes. 4. He doesn't even understand general geography or diplomacy. He will fuck up while talking with different leaders around the world which is put the USA in danger. It's dangerous because of what else would happen after he would be elected.

Trump isn't good for PoC, women, LGBT people, Muslims, Mexicans, or literally anyone who isn't white or male.

Hillary fucked up but she isn't Trump or the Republicans. Honestly the reason Hillary has been dragged so much is because Bernie stans have taken it too far. They went from "Feel the Bern" to Hillary is a witch/Never Hillary. They will deny it but there is a hint of sexism in some of their proclamations. Yes I voted for Bernie. But I have never condoned the unfair demonization of Hillary while the Bernie people let Trump who is actually evil walk by scott free.

17. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well of course the president is going to have access to nuclear weapons. Besides, this is the perfect time to have nuclear deterrence.

Forget political correctness, people's lives are at risk. Keeping the Muslims out and allowing civilians to bear arms is probably our best option at the moment, at least until this whole ISIS situation blows over.
    Assuming Donald Trump actually follows through with these laws of course.
    Hillary on the other hand, wants to let them waltz right in, and get rid of everyone's means of protection.

BTW I'm kind of new here so... this doesn't count as a flame war, does it? :confused:

#37 Solid Snake, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada. Maybe even if Hilary wins. I can't believe these are the two candidates America chose. WTF?

19. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, a broken washing machine would make a better president than Trump.

20. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I predicted trump was going to win despite all odds in the republican race,
    but I will say sanders was my hope for president; sadly I'll have to take the lesser of two evils in Clinton and pray she doesn't screw up nearly as bad as trump would. Trump would be better than any of the other republicans, but he's worse then most of the, if not all the liberals. (trump is the most likely to support lgbtq due to favoring anything that makes him popular)