1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get PEP?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jared, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Jared

During a hookup last night I slipped into the guy with no protection and came inside of him. I was in him for under 15 seconds. After coming I immediately felt like a complete idiot of not pulling out the second I slipped in. When we discussed std status before we met up he said was clean and on PreP and I don't have any real reason to doubt him. He also reassured me afterwards that he was clean since I was visibly anxious and upset over what I did

The problem is I have pretty bad anxiety and my mind is convinced I'm going to get HIV. I can't stop worrying about it and I feel nauseous. I've thought about going to get PEP to ease my nerves, but I feel like it is probably overkill. Any advice from someone can think clearly would be awesome since I can't think clearly right now

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get tested in a couple weeks, that's all you can do right now. If he is clean, then you won't get HIV (or catch anything for that matter). PreP is not a bad idea at all, I wouldn't say lowering your chances of HIV is necessarily overkill, you're just protecting yourself.

3. killswitch0029

I wouldn't say it's overkill, it's just ensuring that you'll stay healthy

4. smurf

PEP and PreP are two different things.

Go to the Emergency room and ask for PeP if you want. The chances are slim that you would have gotten something, but if you want you can get on PeP. You have to make the decision soon either way.

Also, keep in mind the side-effects of PeP are not pleasant. So just be prepared

5. Mile

Mile Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You may get PEP, it won't me superfluous.

But i can't understand why you worry... You came inside of him, not he inside of you - so, it's 1000 times riskier for him, isn't it? If i'm so uneducated, obligatory educate me!

I'm sorry but let me understand one thing! I'm shocked. This guy "came" less than in 15 seconds after pulling in - what the sexual act it is? Where is the pleasure for the bottoming guy? I'm very sorry for writing it here, i'm so shocked. Maybe I misunderstood something? Now i'm so emotionally upset because topping is obviously better than bottoming if the guy can cum after just 10 seconds from the start. Excuse me, I'm the one still having that heart-breaking cognitive dissonance that topping is better (i have created my topic 2 weeks ago, it was closed but i'm still frustrating).

#5 Mile, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I see, that makes sense; one for pre-exposure and and post-exposure.