1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Mass Shooting at Orlando Gay Nightclub

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by OnTheHighway, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is literally my thoughts exactly. Just a day or two ago I said it would get buried beneath more shootings, and look what we have here. More murder. I'm not even surprised as much as it pains me to say it. Honestly, I'll fear for my life any time I go in public even if it's just buying groceries. Yet the Trump supporters will say it's not a problem.

Seems like a combination of the "no background checks for gun owners" type laws stacked with senseless bigotry as the motive.

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So basically the shooter was a cop type who couldn't pass the entrance exam. I kind you not. There are a LOT OF LE (law envorcment) types who just plain HATE.

3. awildscrewup

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is more than just ISIS influence. This is unchecked bigotry enabled by fundamentalist religion, inspired by ISIS. This makes me want to hide in a bunker. Another reason not to come out, as if LGBT people don't have enough already.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The world has always been this way, you only notice it now because it effects you as a member of the LGBT community.

_-------
    On another note, I read more recent article that said this didn't have to do with ISIS or Islamic terrorism, and instead the dude was mad about a kiss he saw

article here

#104 Matto_Corvo, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On a side note, NBC News has the scariest Special Report intro music of all the major networks:

[youtube]LviYtRXX51E[/youtube]

Been hearing that song all day.

6. guitar

I don't want to get into gun control this or Islam ideology that, 50 people won't be going home to see their families and friends again and that just breaks my heart :frowning2:

7. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I assume that is a lie as it was his father who said him seeing two guys kissing caused this and as you know parents always say different things in these kinds of cases.

Anyways ISIS also claimed to be a part of this.

8. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heartbreaking. Simply heartbreaking.

(&&&)

9. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well yeah, but what's the reason it upset him to see men kissing? The shooter was a lone wolf but he called law enforcement to declare allegiance to ISIS before the shooting.

10. YeahpIdk

I'm actually exhausted. I'm also sad to say that I'm not that surprised, but maybe I'm just a little numb. I imagined that we'd have an issue with copy cats. Now it's REALLY going to be an issue because psychotic f*cks may take this as an opportunity to play this out over and over again in the name of whatever dumb ideology or thoughts they have toward our community. Trump can literally go fuck himself. All he's been doing is redundantly tweeting about his psychic abilities and how we need to have more hatred. I hope he's digging his campaign into the ground right now.

Gun reform has to come out of this. I do not agree with completely banning guns. I think that in a world where guns exist, people have a right to them for self protection against such existing weapons, but it is far, far too unregulated here. And any sane person who owns a gun or wants to legally and lawfully own a gun does not have any qualms about there being more reform and stricter policies. I could go to any state that allows it and buy a gun right now. It can't be so easy anymore, but there are also so many fine details. It truly is not just about guns, but the availability of them does not help the problem.

Sending massive love out to my community today. We should not and will not be afraid to love or be ourselves. This could have happened anywhere, and it has happened anywhere and everywhere. I'm just heartbroken for the closeted, questioning and uncloseted (everyone) who feels afraid to be themselves now. We have to stand together and stick up for ourselves EVEN MORE during a time like this. Nothing but love for all of us and the poor victims and their families here. Today is a shitty day.

11. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    All I can think of is Why? Why? What did we ever do? Since I'm a Capricorn, im expecting the worst right now.

12. yuanzi

Totally agreed! Today is actually the day I wish I had gay friends around me so we can all give one another a huge hug... I have also realized another thing: I am really glad I am out of the closet now because I can totally see people saying some dumb sh*t to me in the next few days (such as it sucks to be gay) and if I were still in the closet, I would probably have to stay silent or pretend to agree with them.

13. LatinCoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Orlando Florida gay club shooting

52 dead and 24 hospitalized. I was at the same club last night and left an hour before shooting massacre when down. I had a bad headache and left. :tears: I'm so sad and heartbroken for those hurt and that lost their lives.

14. Riz

Riz

Re: Orlando Florida gay club shooting

Oh dear I'm so happy you're alright though, bless your headache

15. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I can't imagine how you must feel, having been so nearly caught up in the attack. There's a discussion taking place about the horrific event here, should you wish to add your thoughts. Also feel free to start a new thread in the support section, or contact one of the staff if you want to talk about what has happened.

16. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could also assume ISIS is lying and taking claim to further their own cause.

Probably the only person who doesn't care who is to blame at the moment and am only sad that such a thing has happen.
    But of course the world can't let people grieve before they start bringing up religion and politics and such

17. Lazuri

There are a lot of people here saying guns and gun laws are not to blame at all and it is of my opinion that you're all fooling yourself.

Your country is known for your love of guns and you're also known as the one fucking country where this kind of stuff is a regular occurrence. How is that not a fucking warning flag for you?

Some time ago, we had our own potential school massacre here in Sweden, but since you can't get easy access to guns here, he only had a sword to do it with. He killed two people, and it was largely because people thought he was just in costume. If he had a gun, you can go ahead and multiply that death toll ten times over.

Yes, guns don't whisper to psychotic people to kill--if they want to kill, they'll do it--but if you make better killing tools accessible, you get more casualties and the psychopaths feel more empowered. Full fucking stop.

I like guns, I really do. I like the way they look, I like the engineering, I appreciate people who are skilled with them, but I still know what it is--a weapon. A gun has no other purpose unlike a knife, hammer or other potential murder weapons. You don't buy a gun because you need something to shoot down cans with, you buy guns because you plan to kill somebody or in case you need to kill somebody to protect yourself. Every gun sold results in either somebody getting hurt or an unused product, in either case, it's a waste.

18. AlamoCity

I'm glad you got a headache. I will say that I don't want you to ever feel guilty about surviving. You have nothing to feel guilty about.

19. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Islam is not a religion of peace. I'm sorry if that doesn't sound politically correct but it's absurd that LGBT people support Islam, it goes against ourselves, our interests and our very nature and will bite us in the arse.
    As it just happened. It's just that simple.

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2016 at 02:51 PM ----------

Oh, and guns are NOT to blame AT ALL. Bad guys are already armed to the teeth with or without permission.

20. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Religion and guns are the same in that neither or bad till a human makes it so.