1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Mass Shooting at Orlando Gay Nightclub

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by OnTheHighway, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Very sad.

2. Embi

Embi Guest

I am so heartbroken and angry about this :tears: And people still wonder why we don't feel save to come out and be ourselves in 2016...

3. Romi

Just because I'm calling to compassion first, suddenly I'm...part of the problem. No. I was there in Orlando. Not at Pulse. But I was there and I still have friends whom I haven't heard from. Seeing people I know suffer because they're loved ones were shot, were killed, are MIA STILL... But yeah, let's start slinging hate first.

Some things are more important at the moment. And if you can't see that I don't think there's any reason for us to continue a conversation.

4. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, and I was right too. Trump is already thanking people on Twitter for "believing in his words about radical Islam".
    Situation seems to be getting rather complex.

5. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My heart goes out to those affected and those who have lost people. There are no words to describe this.... it is just awful.

6. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh Trump. Can he go one minute without being a walking talking stereotype? But yes, this will fuel Trump's campaign. This was a shooting carried about by someone with ISIS sympathies. Trump claims he can stop ISIS and their influence (how, I have no idea). But this will help Trump.

No one here has been slinging hate and no one here has been speaking against compassion. I'm sorry that this has hit close to home for you, but there's no reason to condemn what people have been saying here. This thread has been surprisingly civil. People react to tragedies in different ways.

#66 Libertino, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  7. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This makes me wonder if there are any attacks planned on Europe as well? The US did warn European countries, few days ago, about possible ISIS-related attack. Who would've known it would happen in the US ...

#67 GayBoyBG, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  8. Romi

All I'm saying is, there's no reason to place blame on this or that. And if you feel the need to, remember there's a time and place. And it honestly has been oddly nice and civil when given the information. But that might have something to do with all of us being a part of the LGBT community. I've seen the threads that aren't based around LGBT individuals and those are...atrocious.

9. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. thepandaboss

It's awful. In a month where we're celebrating who we are, we've now lost 50 people. And with the LA Pride potential shooter... I'm already getting dozens of messages from friends and people in my transgender support group who are too afraid to go to our local prides. Can't blame them one bit.

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most interesting thing about it is that this guy was born in New York and later moved to Florida.

12. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Indeed, we are far from safe over here with recent events.. I'd advice all European members to be just as much on alert, at least until the end of Ramadan. These are dangerous times we live in.

13. Lazuri

Still ridiculously lethal when you've got a high capacity mag and a quick trigger finger.

In any case, the gunman had apparently called police before the deed and sworn fealty to ISIS, so while he wasn't part of ISIS up until the shooting, he clearly believed in the doctrine and since ISIS is a loose organization based on an ideal, this pretty much means that he was part of ISIS.

I'd voice my sympathy and sorrow, but it feels redundant; whoever don't feel sympathy for the victims and their families would quite frankly not deserve to be called human beings.

14. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone I went to high school with was there. He was able to escape and ended up helping a guy w/ 3 gunshot wounds.

15. Lazuri

Isn't the Euro Cup in Soccer going on right now?

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2016 at 08:57 PM ----------

He stayed behind to help instead of just running as far away as possible? I don't know this dude, but please extend my compliments on his bravery and that he's a great example of what being human is all about.

16. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There seems to be constant plans to attack European cities, many of which are stopped before they happen.

Last year, attacks in Berlin, London and Brussels have been stopped. Unfortunately, some occurred, as we all know.

The entire world is a big mess right now.

17. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I woke up this morning just thinking about my life not knowing something this horrible had happened. I'm speechless.

18. ouji

ouji Guest

At least 50 dead and 53 wounded. This is such a tragedy, and is so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to all the victims and their families.

19. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, the EURO cup is currently taking place, and the russian fans had an interesting approach when dealing with their english counterparts yesterday - the russians used signal rockets. Makes you wonder what else can someone easily get into France and use it? And just few minutes ago, I saw that german and ukranian football fans are fighting eachother as well. If ISIS attacks, it will be now, while there's much chaos anyway, lol.
    I'd strongly advice people to stay away from public places for a while, especially LGBT folks, as we know we are favorite target for extremists.

20. Psaurus918

Every time something like this happens it kills me more and more knowing that nothing will ever change in this country when it comes to guns... I love a lot of things about my country but maybe it's time to move.