1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Romantic?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoy Romantic music and literature, but I am not a romantic person. I can't even imagine myself in a relationship, let alone being a romantic partner.

2. Comet

Oh boy am I romantic, too much so I feel haha

3. I'm very romantic. I'm that kind of person who would buy roses or book a holiday where's there is a beautiful view. :love:

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's something I'd need to work on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Charlz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd like to think I am. I try to be, but I'm not sure how well I succeed. Things never quite seem to go how I plan.

6. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Definitely. even sex for me, 95% of the time is an emotional need. but, i do get irritated by "cheesy" romantic crap, saying "i love you" all the time and expressing yourself too much in a relationship with me would be a turn-off. it has everything to do with my personality, i'm a cold, calm guy who dislike dealing with people who are too emotional, even if the person is super nice and interesting.. i'd much prefer a guy who's personality is similar to mine.

#26 Rainsworth, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  7. entopen

Nah. I'm not a romantic, but I'm "aromantic", heh.

8. KayJay

I don't consider myself romantic. I think I have issues with displaying affection properly.

9. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not too sure I am. I try to be, but my girlfriend certainly is!

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed.

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely very romantic. People tell me I'm a real Romeo.

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I can turn into a huge romantic mushball sometimes

13. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Totally YES. I mean, i'm like a fucking hundred pounds of sugar

14. AmyBee

I'm super affectionate to my loved ones. I love all that hand holding/sharing an umbrella in the rain kind of stuff. But I don't know if that's romantic. I'd rather go dancing than get or give flowers and all that chivalrous stuff makes me barf. Can't we just go on a picnic together and lie in the grass talking about things that matter to us than go through the motions of living out a greeting card?

15. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Absolutely; though I'm not the best at being very expressively affectionate all the time, at the end of the day I think I'm a pretty big romantic.

16. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am romantic. I'm the type to wake up early on weekdays so that my partner and I have a good breakfast together before leaving for work. I do little origami things randomly and write some messages on the inside of the paper (usually some random thought I had during the day but they never know and just throw it away eventually HAHAHAHA). I do a lot of cheesy things sporadically in the course of the relationship.

I do not say "I love you" a lot though. It's not something that I just say because I "feel" like it. I only say it when I think that simply doing or showing them is not enough to remind the other person how much I appreciate them.

17. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes..I considered myself to be very romantic and I have been told by guys I've been involved with as well. However, I happened to come across a guy who was very uncomfortable with me displaying romance upon him. I met this guy while bartending because he was a regular customer and we would chit chat all the time plus, he was very handsome to say the least. New Years was coming up and this guy had asked me that if I did not have any plans for New Years would it possible for he and I to have a date night with dinner and the works. I agreed to do so and he requested that the both of us get dressed up in formal wear would be nice also. Since I am a romantic guy, I purchased two bottles of champagne and got him a dozen of red roses and rented a limo to boot. He wanted to meet at the club due to the fact that the restaurant he chose was right next door. When I entered the club to meet my date, the whole club went into a complete hush. The owner of the club approached me with a hug and a kiss and mentioned that I was such a class act that I just made a lot of guys really jealous by coming in the club dressed in a tux and roses.

I approached my date with a hug and a kiss and he immediately became uncomfortable. I did not understand what his problem was since this is what we agreed on. Of course, I did take things to another level with the roses, limo and champagne but I just wanted to make the evening special for him. He finally mentioned that he was not used to that kind of attention and I made him feel really uncomfortable. Due to his constant uneasy behavior, I then became a little annoyed with him and wanted to call the evening off because I think his reaction was a little too much. The owner whom by the way was an older female grabbed my arm and took me to her office and closed the door to talk to me for a minute. She mentioned to me that she thought what I done for this guy was very nice and she wished I was straight because she would have definitely felt special. She said some other things to me and I gave her a rose and a kiss and went went back to the drama. This guy came to me and apologized for his behavior. I accepted and we preceded to go to the restaurant and have dinner. When this guy was approached by some of the guys who mentioned how envious they were of him to receive such special treatment from me and he should feel good. All of sudden, he began to warm up to me a lot. It became apparent that this night could have ended with me spending the night with him but honestly, I was so taken a back from earlier incidents that I ended the evening with a slow dance and gave him a kiss goodbye and headed on my way. What confirmed me that my actions were not taken in vain was the fact that the following evening, the bartenders I was working with confronted me how jealous they were and how those guys who had partners had gotten in trouble for not stepping up.

18. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, this. I don't normally express my feelings.

19. iiimee

I am extremely charismatic, but all that charisma comes from observing human behavior, so I think that if I was in a relationship where my partner wasn't open with me, I'd have a much harder time figuring out fun things to do and how to comfort them. I think that, for shy people, I am boring in long-term relationships.

20. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In daydreams I like to think of myself as romantic...
    But in real life about the only thing I'm good at is driving people away :lol: