1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it about you gender/sexuality that makes you happy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnotherQueer, May 15, 2016.

1. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmmm... A few years ago I would have said that there was nothing good about my homosexuality.

While it's true that:
    1. It could make my father resent me and kick me out and not financially support me
    2. It will make my extended family detest me and be disgusted in me
    3. Society opposes my love and it's actually a "controversial issue" (When in reality everyone should just be okay with it)
    4. It means that holding hands and kissing a future boyfriend in public could get me bad looks and scowls from people around me
    5. Puts me in danger of the ever so rampant violence/discrimination against gays
    6. As a result of family/society I developed depression and went through years of self-hatred and internalized homophobia (That I've only recently been recovering from only a few months ago)

There are some things that have helped me:
    1. It's caused me awareness of people who are suppressed and gives me insight of those that are different and are harmed as a result of it.
    2. It's caused me maturity and growth as a result of me having to bring myself out of a giant pit of self-pity and anger.

--

If I wasn't part of LGBTQ myself, I'd probably oppose gay rights and such, considering how my father has always preached anti-gay stuff his whole life. I might have been one of those that would probably openly oppose free-love and could have possibly made others feel as if they weren't accepted and loved. I would like to say I have enough common sense and intelligence that I would have eventually come around and become open-minded but still, the thought of being one of those homophobes terrifies me.

#21 VideoGameLover, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love being a bisexual woman! It opens me to so many experiences, so much love. I look around at straight people and I do *not* see happiness...I see fear and rigidity. I feel I would be miserable trying to live that way.

Rather than seeing my lot as eventually belonging to some man, I feel a kind of ultimate freedom. Sure, there are still inequities and biases against women in our society; but everything I achieve is *mine*!

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well, I think the main positive thing I can think about is, ironically enough, that people will hate me for me I am and what turns me on. That way, I won't have to accidentally befriend any scum like homophobes andtransphobes - that censorship will be automatic rather than something I have to put effort into.
    ^_^

4. Brytaleith

I like being ace because it gives me less things to worry about when talking to people.

Idk how to explain this. It's like, I can talk with people without them assuming I'm trying to flirt with them/their SO and that's less things I have to worry about because I'm not very good with boundaries?

Also it makes third-wheeling easy. Although this isn't necessarily a good thing.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finding sexual partners as a gay man is ridiculously easy, and it doesn't involve jumping through hoops, buying drinks or paying for dinner as it so often does whenever a straight man is trying to get into a woman's pants.

In terms of romantic relationships, same-sex relationships just seem.. easier. I couldn't even imagine being romantically involved with a woman - they seem hard to figure out and impossible to please. :grin:

#25 imnotreallysure, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  6. entopen

Being these things has turned me from a grumpy person to a generally open-minded person. In fact I never knew what "gay" was until I questioned my sexuality. I also had no idea trans* people existed but when I found out I was accepting.

I can flirt with anyone easily, even if they think I'm gay.

I can also not have to worry about love and crushes and other romantic/sexual things. Thus making it much easier to talk to any "hot" person.

And my gender being fairly neutral/androgynous confuses strangers which is, in all the cases that I've seen: hilarious. I also get to be who ever I so desire to be. No gender role here. Nope. And this makes my self confidence sky-rocket.

7. ForeverMe

I love liking girls and boys (and non-gender binary people) because EVERYBODY is so awesome, I like not really having a sex drive because it seems to make everything confusing, and I like beingmore attracted to personality than looks because no one I have ever had a crush on can be considered a mean or bad person.

8. Sharka Sharka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find it really interesting to be reading other people's perspectives on here lol. There are already a lot of differences between men and women, so yes, same-sex relationships are going to be easier, that's a huge plus. I feel more comfortable around women, like they're just so much nicer to be around (I'm kinda generalizing here, but its mostly true). They're so beautiful too, and I love the connection we share. I also like how as a girl, I can be close to other girls and nobody really bats an eye. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just really, really love women.

9. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love almost everything about my gender and orientation. I love that girls are hot. I love that guys are hot. I love that girls are sweet and guys are fun.

10. Glowing Eyes

-I can understand trans people better (although this goes for being in just about any community)
    -I don't have periods
    -When I feel really euphoric and valid about my gender (seeing people online addressing me as female, seeing my female profile pic and avatar, etc) I get feeling that I probably wouldn't have if I weren't trans

11. thepandaboss

Dating men is a lot easier than, presumably, dating women. I relate to other guys better, guys are a little more straight-forward, and lot of the gay subcultures tend to be fairly accepting (bears especially).

Also, I have a far easier time shopping for clothes. In the men's department, I'll spot at least a couple things I could be caught dead wearing in a few minutes. In women's, I would spend an hour deciding between the clothes I hated the least. Also, we have better aftershave scents.

12. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It makes me happy because it's just who I am.

13. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being bi-romantic is cool because I feel like I could love almost anyone if the circumstances were right.
    Being female just feels right.

14. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Men's clothing. I find a lot more clothes that I would actually wear, and the quality is better. Also, jackets. Love 'em.

Being trans made me more open-minded. Most of my cis friends don't understand people who are genderfluid, agender, etc. It's also made me love my identity a lot more, because I'm going to need to go through a lot of crap for it.

And guys are great. (!)

15. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm cis, and I understand those people.

16. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes. Hence, "most". (*hug*)

17. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Come here, you. (*hug*)

18. Plattyrex

Nothing. I lie that I like boys though, so I guess that. But nothing else.

19. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I like the fact that I have a dick.

20. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the fact that I not only have a dick, but like other dicks.