1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White racism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jellyfish Clear, May 11, 2016.

1. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

Well, I just lost all faith in humanity while reading this. This thread is absolute horse shit. You can be racist against white people, you can be racist against black people. How can you guys not grasp that concept? Racism isn't about power + oppression. It's racism.

Tell me here where it says you can't be racist against white people:
    "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

And again, I implore you to look at the racism in South Africa: The Gruesome Reality of Racist South Africa | Frontpage Mag

Plus, this whole "privilege" thing is crap.

#21 Shadstack, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. 2Sides

2Sides Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No it is true. White people, in some parts of the world, have an advantage over darker people. Just admit it.

It is like I have an advantage over you all because I don't care much about anything.

3. ChillPenguin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Look how everyone ignores this. Kind of makes you wonder if this will become a reality in other countries too when white people become the minority.

4. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

Okay, so we have a homeless white man living in the streets.
    Then we have a spoilt black kid in Missouri (American college campus) with rich parents claiming to have been a victim of a racial hate crime, which he himself fabricated.

But all that white privilege, right? Your privilege cult is broken.

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    In Mexico white people are the minority and are still treated like Gods

6. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

I too noticed everyone just skipped past that. Doesn't fit "muh narrative."
    I posted it again.

7. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    If I am a person of color and I say the n world, would I still be racist? According to this logic, no one could call me a racist even if I say the worst racial slurs because I don't have the power to be racist lmao

8. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's interesting that you have to choose a particular black person to claim that there is no "privilege", yet you ignore the many recent cases of black teens being shot by the police.

And no, I didn't ignore your link. I read it, and I agree that it is awful, and that the perpetrators are savages - not because they are black, because they are murderers. In the same way that white killers are also savages. But that doesn't mean that the different races are equal.

---------- Post added 11th May 2016 at 11:51 AM ----------

White people are the minority. Only about 30% of the world is white.

9. Plattyrex

This thread is cancer.

10. rudysteiner

Personally, I do believe that white people can experience racism. The first instance of racism against whites I think of as I type this, is in Zimbabwe; the white farmers are being stripped of their land and their rights by Mugabe and his dictatorship, and, as a result, are having to start anew in places such as Mozambique and other neighbouring countries. Ultimately, race is man-made, so nobody is exempt from being discriminated against for the colour of their skin, much like social class, sexuality, etc.

However, in the West, I don't think racism against white people does exist, only prejudice.

Correct me if I'm wrong on either statement.

#30 rudysteiner, May 11, 2016
  11. Plattyrex

If I'm not mistaking the definition of racism is the belief than one's own race is superior to another. I have no idea what the hell most of these people are talking about with society coming into play and all that, so yeah, even in the west it's possible. I live in Flint, and the area I'm from is pretty 50/50 white and black, and there really isn't a lot of racism one way or the other. I get the feeling that's because there's no clear minority. I don't think racism is exclusive to minorities, but I think it's certainly more common.

12. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

It's interesting that you focus on black teens getting shot by the police and not the racism in South Africa, or the racist Black Lives Matter movement that are getting people fired for not submitting to their agenda.

Do you not get it? All of those things are bad, but that's not to say just because I'm saying Point B matters that Point A doesn't.

---------- Post added 11th May 2016 at 08:58 PM ----------

Couldn't agree more...

#32 Shadstack, May 11, 2016
  13. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I believe it is possible defiantly.. Weather it's happening or not is a different question that I'm too lazy to research

14. ChillPenguin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be honest most people have some kind of inbound belief that their race is better. Kind of like males supporting males in a gender faceoff or Americans supporting Americans in the Olympics. It's an inbound evolutionary trait that most people have. Kind of like a safety in familiarity kind of thing. Embracing racial diversity is only really a recent phenomenon across races.

That's why I believe racism should mean equality for everyone with 'human' being the only word that matters. Again, this is why I hate labels because it only spreads fear and hatred. If it was a case of human instead of white or black everyone would be nicer to everyone.

#34 ChillPenguin, May 11, 2016
  15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, I actually go to the University of Missouri-Columbia, and I happen to know the "spoilt black kid" as you called him on a level where we are both involved in the social justice community on campus. What you have said about him is not accurate at all and I just felt the need to clear up a few things.

1. The hate crime was not perpetrated against him and I don't think anybody in the movement ever said that the main three hate crimes the media focused on (where frat guys yelled and called the student body president racial slurs, where a man yelled at the Legion of Black Collegians homecoming court and called them racial slurs, and the swastika written in human feces in a residence hall) were ever against him.

2. The word solidarity means that even when a certain action does not affect you personally, you stand up for the people it did affect because it's the right thing to do. This is what he did in this situation.

3. Yes, he may have money, but you must realize that even when a black family is rich in America they STILL FACE RACISM. This is because of the concept of intersecionality and privilege. While he was privileged in one aspect, he still has those marginalized identities.

16. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @Shadd

(I'm sorry, I haven't quite grasped how to cut out parts of quotes on here without fucking up, and I don't want to quote the whole thing because it is a LONG thing).

I'm not ignoring or erasing what white people in South Africa are facing, however, I'm choosing to focus on the violence in America because I am much more informed on that subject. Yes, what white people are facing in South Africa is absolutely despicable, however, it is an outlying case. Do you think that all over the world, white people are facing shit like that?

17. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

Obviously not, no.

Do you think black people all over the world are facing shit like that?

---------- Post added 11th May 2016 at 09:44 PM ----------

Also, to delete parts of the quote, delete the text you don't want. Like for example, if you didn't want my text in the quote, delete the part in bold. Just make sure there's an opening starting quote and an ending closing quote. :slight_smile:

#37 Shadstack, May 11, 2016
  18. Plattyrex

Why is veryone being so mean to eachother here? It seems like most of these disagreements are coming from different personal definitions of racism. I'm sure we all believe in equality, so I why does this thread need to be so bitter?

19. guitar

Racism shouldn't be called "racism." To be a race you need something like 10% genetic variation between members. Humans have less than 2%, and a black guy and white guy, for example, can have less genetic variation than two black guys. What we're actually talking about is differences in ethnicities and skin color - the latter of which is called Clinal Variation and has to do with how close or far away your ancestors lived from the sun.

As for the notion "only white people can be racist," that's absolutely ridiculous.

#39 guitar, May 11, 2016
  20. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you. I have tried multiple times to sort it out but I swear it always goes weird.

No, of course I don't. However, they do face it more often, and usually (South Africa discounted for just a moment) to more extreme degrees.