1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What order to put charms on a new bracelet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Apr 25, 2016.

1. AlamoCity

My dad and I are going to buy my mom a charm bracelet because my sister has one and my mom loves it. But the question is: when you start a new charm bracelet and only get a few charms to start off with, do you put them consecutively or do you put one in the beginning and one in the end and each additional charm gets out placed in the middle of that so that it looks more "balanced?"

I completely forgot how we did it for my sister because hers is several years old. The company is called James Avery and there will always be new charms to buy so it will eventually get full, but not today :lol:.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2. tscott

If the charms hang from the bracelet they will look better balanced. If the charm oar like Troll Beads or Pandora then chronological order is fine unless your balancing colored beads with metal ones. Odd numbers look better that even ones. They just seem to balance better. I've worked on several, both my mother's and my ex's. They are always wonderful things.

3. AlamoCity

Thanks. We ended up buying three charms because it ended up being more balanced like you mentioned. We ended up getting her a hummingbird charm(her favorite bird), a rose (her favorite flower), and a holly bell that's being retired from production because it was too pretty to pass up. I'm sure she'll love it.

4. tscott

I sounds lovely. My mother gave my ex-wife her bracelet for her 40th birthday with a new charm. I added the children's heads and my mother's original engagement and wedding rings. Hopefully, it will go on to a third generation.

#4 tscott, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016