1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piercings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Invidia, Apr 4, 2016.

?

What's your opinion on piercings?

1. Yay

70 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. Nay

24 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. Scary

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. No opinion/meh

23 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I possibly want an industrial bar, a septum or a regular nose ring, or possibly a spider bite loop. I love some piercings, but others are unattractive and kind of gross to me.

2. wolf of fire

I want about 38 of them

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Piercings are a turn off to me.

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that many kinds of piercings look cool but some just look strange. I currently don't have any, not even my ears. I have been thinking about getting my nose pierced.

5. Bazinga87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have my left ear pierced. I had my left nipple at one time but took it out pretty quick because the piercer screwed up and went out the actual nipple and not behind it (that hurt) and I also had my tongue pierced for a while

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really like piercings. The idea is disturbing to me. I feel like it's kinda cruel somehow to put holes in your body that don't belong there... Natural is better.

7. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally want some. And on others I think they look pretty good :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Haha, I remember my first ring when I was nine... That was scary. XD It didn't really hurt all that much though. I was like "aaah this is gonna hurt this is gona hurt this is gonna- *CLICK* ... hurt?" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really get piercings.

I don't find them gross or anything, but I don't get how people like them either. I remember when I got my ears pierced when I was young, and it hurt like hell. I don't see how someone would want to do that willingly :/

10. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aside from ears and nose studs, I find them repulsive. I'm incredibly needlephobic, and this extends to piercings and other body mods.

11. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like them! I don't have any but, I've been considering getting some! :icon_wink

12. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally I don't like piercings at all apart from the classical ear jewellery. I probably would not date anyone who has piercings other than that.

I'm speaking from my personal experience so I don't think this is any generalized truth but the more socially atypical piercings (i.e. ear piercings) a person has, the more troubled they seem to be.

13. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've got all ear piercings but depending on the job I get when I go back to school, I might pierce my eyebrow. Atm I've got 5 piercings: 3 lobe (2 left, 1 right), left helix (top cartiledge part), and right about half-way up the shell (like right where it goes soft to hard). I've wanted a sub-dermal nape piercing for a long time too, so might do that eventually.

I love piercings, I would definitely do more if it wouldn't make it difficult to find work in my field! (Damn professionalism...)

14. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind piercings - in moderation of course. Things like stretched earlobes gross me out, but it's a personal choice, so I don't judge. It's just not something I find attractive. I used to have my tongue pierced, but stupidly took it out a year after I got it pierced and the hole closed very quickly, and by the time I regretted it, it was too late to put it back :frowning2:

I considered getting it pierced again, but just never got 'round to it. I have a piercing in each ear, and for quite a while now, I've wanted to get second piercings, but also never got 'round to it... and I've been considering getting my eyebrow pierced, but I'm scared. (I'd rather get another tattoo :grin:)

15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did have pierced ears, but it was driving me mad to deal with them. I've got tactile sensitivities, and the feeling of things protruding out of my ears was really annoying. When my ear piercings got infected, that's when I decided to give 'em up and let them heal.

Suffice to say I won't be getting any piercings anywhere. Tattoos maybe, since that pain is temporary and once it heals you don't have to worry about it anymore. But no piercings. I'll already have to adjust to sticking myself with a syringe each week (for HRT) in the future.

But on other people, I think piercings are cool. There is a line of "too far" in terms of what I find attractive, but to each his own. What matters is how they feel about their piercings, not me.

16. alonsy alonso

I love some piercings but some creep me out a tad so really big ear stretchers creep me out but i love others. I currently have my belly pierced and my ears but in the future i would like some more.

17. randomconnorcon

I love piercings. I technically only have one in each ear right now, that I got when I was six, but I haven't worn earrings or studs in a long time because I've only got ones that feel too feminine for me and I can't afford new ones yet. Thankfully the holes have never closed, so it'll be easy to put new ones in. I want a lot more in a few places, but - apart from the snakebites - they won't be until I feel more comfortable with the rest of my body. So probably once I've been on T and maybe even after top surgery.

Stretched ears are the only ones that freak me out a little. But only because I keep imagining them on me and them getting ripped open or something. It's not nice and if I could stop the thoughts, I'd probably be okay. I don't mind them on others, though I really hope people are careful. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#37 randomconnorcon, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  18. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had two piercings- one on the lobe and the other on the cartilage. I haven't worn my studs for awhile so they're closed now. I don't find all piercings attractive but if the person who wears them feels happy then who am I to spoil that experience for them hahahaha

#38 radicalmuffins, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  19. KayJay

I have a few, may eventually get more in the future. Heck my lobes aren't even pierced!

20. TicTacsAndCoke

I have pierced earlobes (2) and a cartilage piercing on my upper ear. I would like to get a nose piercing when I'm older and more cartilage piercings on my ear.