1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you prefer femme/butch/androgynous women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Foxfeather, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Femmes. :love:

2. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would consider myself femme, and I'm attracted to femme lesbians who are a bit more masculine than I am. Stereotypical femininity does get boring for me.

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2016 at 05:16 PM ----------

However, I also must consider personality. To be more specific, a feminine-looking girl with a slightly masculine personality is most attractive.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. waltzing

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Androgynous and butch women. It goes without saying that I would never rule out a femme woman for her gender presentation, but there is something endlessly attractive about being the girliest in the relationship/carried around by arm, dominated/protected/exalted and inspiring those feelings in my partner, which is something butch and androgynous girls often promote.

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure that I have a meaningful preference. The majority of women I've been attracted to have been pretty femme. But then I'll see an androgynous knockout and feel "damn". I've also seen butch (soft and less so) women I've found quite attractive...at least once I've gotten to know them.

Yeah...I think I'd go with "no meaningful preference".

6. MS001

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like ALL the girls...LOL. No preference. Well, except that they should like the girls too.

7. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gonna have to say soft butch. No bigger turn on than a pretty girl with a boyish charm.

#47 OutofZCloset, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  8. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have a specific preference, but I often felt not that attracted to the extreme girly girls and stone butch ones. I think most of the time girls somewhere in the middle (soft butch, hard femme, androgynous women or whatever you may call them) catch my attention. I like the mixture of girly and boyish aspects and that makes the girls interesting. But in the end it's not only about the look. It's a lot about the attitude, the woman feeling good in her own skin and self confidence.

9. WhoAmIAlly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like girls who are femme but not too femme. Somewhere in between so I feel comfortable with them. If they were too girly I feel like I would be wayyy to self conscious. I don't find attraction to butch girls though.

10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesn't matter :grin:

11. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

This. Absolutely.:icon_redf

12. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is that Opeth I see? :thumbsup:

I do like girls sometimes, usually who are kind of femme looking but with a kind of boyish personality or like Opeth here said, badass girls.

13. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Femmes, but those that have the smallest tomboy/quirky edge. Basically kind of like myself or how I want/try to be... which is maybe a bit odd.

14. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

I absolutely adore androgyny, whenever i see an androgynous girl i just can't help but feel like i neeeed to get to know them ! And, personally, I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to top someone who was 'cute' and also acted cute, but it's perfectly easy for a 'cute' girl act 'hot', if that makes any sense...
    Basically, I'm saying it's still hot to be cute and, if that's how you roll, you could easily be the more dominant side even if a lot of people would consider you cute.
    Plus, if people are calling you cute in the first place you're probably permitted to call yourself attractive how you already are, so you're bound to find someone someday~
    Hope this helped at least a little !
    - Umi

#54 Bobsleigh1, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  15. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mostly femme with an edge. Being gothic and all I'm a little rough around the edges myself; so I try to find someone who's understanding in that I'm also femme but not afraid to show a darker side now and then.

16. wanderinggirl

Every time I thought I had a type it would change! I generally like people who top me a little but who but also switch, who are more butch than me. But I've experienced exceptions.

17. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for all the great replies, keep 'em coming! I love learning about what and who you guys love :slight_smile:

On a side note, I've been feeling really good lately because, while it does sometimes make me uncomfortable to wear a tie out, I think I look great with tomboyish clothes (hoodie, leather jacket, etc.).

I think I'm starting to understand the tomboyish appeal now... and I'm learning how to rock it. Straight girls do a double-take on you, and I ping every lesbian's gaydar. Had several straight friends who figured out I was bi without me telling them. It's my attitude/confidence, though the hair doesn't help (it's tomboyish right now). Girls are just more intuitive, and I gotta trust that.

And my patient personality kinda works better with my tough guy/girl look, too. Don't mean to brag, but I think I have a nice smile and eyes, and it somehow shows more when I'm in soft butch clothing than a dress.

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2016 at 09:38 PM ----------

Random question. Does the idea of being topped by someone physically smaller than you weird you out? I'm probably smaller than a majority of the female population and I've maintained my virginity for personal reasons, but I think I'd be better as a top precisely because I'm considerate of my partner's needs.

I got these dreams of being able to carry a girl in my arms and spooning her, but I remain insecure about my size. I'm a little genderqueer, and I would rather have been born a man than a woman (though I don't know what the heck I'd do with all facial hair or gross excess bodily hair, not to offend any males, it's just not attractive to me), and size is one of my (and many straight guys') biggest insecurities. . . It's just so hard to get over it.

18. QueerQueen

I'm open to all, but I prefer femmes or stemmes. :wink:

19. Lipstick Leuger

It's about energy not size. My Butch is smaller than me and usually tops. Not all butch women are tops however. It's pretty much up to the couple with who tops and who does not.

20. plant

All girls are super hot in my opinion