1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you prefer femme/butch/androgynous women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Foxfeather, Mar 17, 2016.

1. spoke ears

androgynous. There is something about having roughly equal mixture of feminine and masculine appearance and personality.

2. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haha I like the distinction you made. And yeah, I don't really consider Shane butch. She's just boyish. What do people think she is? Let us work together to unescessarily categorise people mwahahah.

3. Lipstick Leuger

They billed her as one! It really just annoyed me endlessly, as you can tell.....someone has to set the youth of this world straight(so to speak) XD

(!)

These are the types of Butches I like........

https://us.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea....1&os_ver=6.3&pa=palikan&p=images/ivan+coyote

4. AssumedStraight

I'm femmexfemme. But my looks don't help when my crushes often look like models...
    [​IMG]
    Yeah exactly xD

5. cakepiecookie

The femme/butch dynamic doesn't do it for me personally. I'm somewhere between femme and androgynous and I tend to go for women who are also somewhere between femme and andro, maybe bordering on soft butch. That said, I go for pretty much all types except high femmes and stone butches.

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lol, she just isn't. Don't worry, I am a mere youth and I can tell a butch girl from a shane. And that Ivan Coyote woman looks cool as hell. Is she your big celebrity crush? I'm not into the proper butch look really, though I do appreciate their dapper style and just the way they seem so confident and comfortable with themselves.

7. lilli

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This. So much this. The woman I'm with doesn't do makeup or heels, but she's got cute hair and nice sweaters. I think I once heard ladies of that description referred to as "Chapstick lesbians," and I think they're the sexiest kind.

8. cakepiecookie

I'd say Shane was soft butch.

9. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh my god, yes. I've got it bad for feminine women in general, and I like it when they're tomboyish in personality (I mean, I can't talk about nails or boys or shopping for long before i go crazy), but the sporty or tough ones always seem to want a male jock. I'm just not noticed in their eyes and I kinda understand how scrawny guys must feel. I'm not unattractive as a girl but they're all. . . straight.

Sorry. I sometimes forget I'm part of a minority and most of the world's straight. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 02:18 AM ----------

Shane's def. soft butch.

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 02:20 AM ----------

Phew. It's such a relief to see such a diverse set of responses. Why can't I have all of y'all in my town? Or are the gals just waiting for me to make a move, considering I'm more androgynous than feminine? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm pushing chapstick and I'd wear suits and ties more if I felt more comfortable/not judged in them. It sometimes feels right, but I don't feel comfortable when I have people watching me, you know what I mean? It's probably how a drag queen might feel if he's got a skirt on and unshaved legs.

10. HerrinDesFeuers

I never understood that whole butch/femme thing. In this thread it seems as if it's just about looks and physical appearance. In other forums there are women who are really offended when someone says that, but they don't want to explain it to others.
    I'm confused.

11. afgirl

The odd thing is that I never understood the whole butch thing, but my girlfriend is something of a soft butch. I find her absolutely intoxicating with the combination of masculine and softness. If we're out in public though, we're definitely going to be seen as a couple. I've grown to know that look quite well.

12. cakepiecookie

What don't you understand about it? That butches and femmes tend to pair off together? Or you don't understand how they're defined?

13. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely Androgynous. I like soft butch types that have long hair and switch up on being kinda femme and kinda masculine.

14. Lipstick Leuger

Yes, I adore Ivan Coyote. I tried to post a few different butches but the timer to edit ran out..... I think it is the confidence that draws me also, however, I do love a butch on a Harley in leather, or one in uniform as well.........Not everyone likes the same type of woman, so no matter who you are attracted to it's a good thing. :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 06:05 PM ----------

It's about energy, at least to me it is. I like a stronger masculine of center vibe. My wife is very Butch, (Transmasculine), she has had long hair and worn more feminine clothing before(she was not really comfortable in them), so it is not exactly looks. It is how they carry themselves, how they act, not just how they dress. Some of us like a woman that is more traditionally feminine looking and with a softer feminine feel. I personally love the hard masculine edge WITHOUT having a male. The softness of a females body with the masculine attitude and energy for better words. There is an old world honor to harder Butches and they show it in pretty much everything they do.

Why am I attracted to that type? Why is anyone attracted to any particular type......it's a hard question to answer. Some people like blonds, some sporty gals, me, give me a strong Butch woman and the sparks fly!

I hope this helps explain it a bit.:slight_smile:

15. JasmineTea

I think you should dress however you're most comfortable- because no matter how you dress, there's somebody out there who'll be into you. You shouldn't feel the need to femme it up unless you actually want to for yourself.

Personality is the main thing for me, and based on other replies here, I think it's like that for a lot of people. I like all different types of girls. I actually tried to pin down a more specific type of answer, but... I honestly don't have a preference. I do seem to have an unintentional thing for blonde girls, though.

16. cakepiecookie

Yep, I second this! I've seen every possible combination of lesbian types together. Be yourself and you'll attract women who are into you for who you are.

17. BookWriter1994

I really do like girly girls. I mean, they are really really pretty. however, sometimes though, when I see a tomboyish female, I couldn't help but stare lol

18. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Androgynous or femme girls. something about the cuteness of girly girls, yet at the same time tomboys with a girly aspect also appeal to me.

19. Duande

I prefer 'boyish' girls. It's something mysterious about a girl dressing more masculine. When that's said, I don't really fall for stone butches, either. When I was questioning my sexuality, it kinda bothered me that I only liked butches, but now I think it's fine :slight_smile: You can't help what you prefer. Personality is also really important for me, though. I am a feminine girl myself, but I feel like the butch girls in my community aren't really that into femmes. But oh well :wink: I am not going to change my style because of that. That would just be weird.

20. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be you! Presenting in a way that doesn't feel good to you is not going to find you the person who deserves you anyway.

I think androgenous girls and lady-ish genderqueer people and dapper ladies are super hot, btw. :slight_smile: I was talking to my lesbiflexible friend about this the other day, and she definitely agrees.