1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to someone for the first time in three years.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Truna, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Truna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ¡¡SPOILER ALERT FOR THE 100!!

So if anyone's not familiar with The 100 at this point, it's a pretty big deal right now since a lesbian character died. All the lesbians I know, mostly online friends, went absolutely bonkers. I don't watch the show, but as a result of knowing the names of the lesbian pairing.. well..

long story short, an acquaintance who I didn't really know was fanatically mourning the character death and ended up showing me one of the characters' names in all caps on tumblr. I realized this was one of the characters in that lesbian pairing from The 100.. the rest is history. So that's how I finally got in touch with the LGBT community in my school. :slight_smile:

The best part? It was on my birthday this past Sunday. I am on Cloud 9 this week.

2. eMei

Congrats!! I'm a big fan of The 100 and it's great that it's helped you on your journey.

Maybe put the spoiler in tags if you can, though? :wink:

3. Truna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I added an all-caps section at the top but on second thought that's probably not enough. How would I black out the text? Thanks in advance. ^^

#3 Truna, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  4. eMei

Methinks [*spoiler] [*/spoiler] should work without the stars. :icon_bigg

I'm really happy someone on here likes The 100 too..... it's legit one of the best shows to have been on the TV for a looongg time. Love that the main character is LGBT as well <3