1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HM03, Feb 26, 2016.

1. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been playing Moon for a few hours now. Sofun

2. killswitch0029

Same here, good taste bro :slight_smile:

3. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So far the game is okay, I do feel a bit disappointed with Gen VII and the towns feel dull like early game towns. Some of the new features are odd, and they made some features worse, like the ones they improved in the past. The menu is weird idk. Poor graphics and overworld design... during a sunset the water turns orange, looks like gatoraid, clouds are pixelated.

I do like the sound design and music, and the attack animations are great, but otherwise I just don't like the direction they went with design compared to XY.

4. Nick20

Sexy hot cat starter

5. TheMatthew

I got Moon and chose Popplio as my starter. There are so many cute new Pokemon. I'm really liking it so far. I also think it's interesting that Pokemon Moon runs 12 hours opposite of the 3DS internal clock.

6. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I got Pokémon Sun 12AM in the morning at GameStop since I pre ordered it and got a free plastic made poster of Pokémon Moon and Sun. I actually asked for another copy for Kent and Kent is happy I got it for him since he wasn't able to get one. Kent actually started playing later than me but he already was at the league but said he wanted to restart the game and have the water type as a starter instead of grass type like he did before. He said that his Pokémon weren't strong enough so wanted to do better this time.

For me I haven't gone that far since I had things to do and other games to play but ya his ahead of me and knows the game a lot more. But also I told him that he would be faster than me since he has experience on Pokémon games. I only started playing around July this year so yes I know more about them now but can't never know as much as Kent since he knew it from Pokémon Yellow on GameBoy color.

All in all as I thought newer the game the better the animation and how things move and how people talk to you and how you play with your Pokémon. It's more like the movie like example when you want to switch Pokémon now I see that lighting like bean when you return your Pokémon back to your Poke ball before it didn't do that. Also you talk to your Pokémon and say things like "I know you can do it". Before like Omega Ruby didn't have that.

7. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree, none of the towns stand out to me as memorable unlike in past games. Also, why can we no longer purchase vitamins with cash? I like to EV train and those things are HIGHLY useful. Instead, they want us to farm the battle tree to earn BP and purchase them with that apparently.

#147 Blood Elf, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  8. killswitch0029

I've gotten into the post game already. The difficulty feels like it was watered down compared to the previous few generations. I do like a lot of the new Pokemon designs but I hate the Rotom pokedex just awkwardly staring up at me from my touch screen. Such a creep

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just got moon, and I'm known for my horrendous luck... but guess what?

I just got a shiny on day one. I literally thought I was daydreaming, and saved the game a few times after to be sure. First time since Platinum when I failed to catch a shiny Heatran.

Little bright yellow bird bro normally, though mine's more of a white-ish tan yellow color.
    One of my closest friends is really into shiny hunting, maybe they'll like this!
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Apparently it's form can change too. I'll experiment with this, hoping to get some cool variations.

#149 Kira, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  10. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

Kent told me about that Oricorio Pokémon and said it was good so I did get it. Also I have been trying to get one of each every type of Pokémon so I can fill my Pokedex.

11. killswitch0029

Don't forget about the Magearna event in December! :grin:

12. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just started playing Pokemon Sun a couple days ago, and I love it! :grin: Honestly, the biggest problem I'm having is not having enough space in my team for all the Pokemon I want. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's tough to balance all the cute/interesting Pokemon I want on my team with what would actually be useful in battles. So many hard choices!

13. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oricorio is a pretty good Pokemon to have. It does actually have 4 different forms, one for each island. The form changes depending on what color of nectar you give it. There's Yellow, Red, Purple, and Pink (not 100% sure about the Pink) You can get the Nectar from different places on each island. Congrats on the shiny, and I hope you enjoy the game!

14. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With the help of my friend, I have my final team assembled! :grin: I'm about to start the volcano trial, so it's nice to have my team ready to go. I've got pretty good type coverage overall.

Here's my team:
    Torracat
    Crabrawler
    Cutiefly
    Mudbray
    Steenee
    Togedemaru

15. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love how you chose only 7th gen Pokemon :wink:

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2016 at 12:55 PM ----------

By the way, here's my team:
    Decidueye (Male)
    Raichu (Female)
    Arcanine (Male)
    Vaporeon (Male)
    Lyanroc (Midnight Female)
    Bewear (Female)

16. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! :grin: Your team sounds so cool!

Yeah, when I play a new Pokemon game, I pick my team by choosing Pokemon I think are cute/cool and also picking new Pokemon (if possible). And, y'know, trying to get good type coverage and whatnot. :lol: It's kind of nice not to have to worry about HMs in Sun/Moon.

17. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got Moon when it came out. Really like it overall. Love the new Pokemon.

It's a bit more difficult than last gen, in my opinion, which I appreciate. Although they heal your team up all the time haha.

I am at the Elite Four right now. Gotta level my team up a little more before I take them on. Poppolio was my starter. First time I started with something besides the fire type.

18. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I finished the Alola dex about a week ago, got the Shiny Charm, and am now in the process of hatching eggs for a shiny Rowlet. Although I haven't been very productive in the egg hatching right now, i'm feeling kinda unmotivated lol

19. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it? I just got it. But I haven't played since diamond and pearl. I thought the exp share, constant healing, constant walk-through (I just got to the second island and the annoying friends won't leave me alone... get in the bag!) make it too easy so far...

#159 Austin, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  20. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can turn the exp share off. I've always done this. I don't think It's hard but it was more of a challenge than X and Y, which what I assumed they meant. X and Y was too pathetically easy. Very forgettable gen.