1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dog has cancer

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by R M, Feb 23, 2016.

1. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I have 5 dogs. One dog had this lump on her nipple. I told my brother it could be a tumor but he said he thought it was jsut an infection. She was supposed to be operated today to remove the infected nipple or something I guess. The doctor said that my dog had two tumors near her nipple, and later told us that he also found cancer in her liver. He said that he's not gonna do anything, becuase it would be useless. It's pretty sad to hear that one of my pretty girls has something like this, but she has had a good life. Once she starts to suffer from it and starts to hurt her, we will let her get euthanized. I will prepare a big steak for her and give her everything she would enjoy once it's time. I'm not really like super sad or something, becuase she's had a good run and still acts happy.

Sorry I just felt like posting this here.

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm tearing up reading this, it reminded me of the dog I lost to cancer. I'm so sorry your baby has cancer. It's never nice to see beloved pets suffering. But I trust you will do the right thing in not letting her suffer. In the meantime, I'm sure you will shower her with affection and any little thing her canine heart desires. Good luck (*hug*) :tears:

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry about your dog... At least she had a good life, right?

4. Emulator

Sorry to hear that, I think you're making a good decision letting her enjoy what she has left. (*hug*) How old is she?

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry about that. I lost a dog before (I miss Eureka :frowning2: ), and it is always a sad thing. However, like you said, it is great to know that your dog has someone who took care of her during her life. Not all dogs are that lucky, unfortunately.

I'm sure you will do everything to make things easier for her. My thoughts are with you.

6. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for your kind words. My dad hates it when animals suffer. he had to put down some animals himself because of some things that happnened. If it's clear to us that its hurting, we will put her to rest. She's certainly got a lot more attention from the entire family lately. Shes happy and that's all I care about atm

---------- Post added 24th Feb 2016 at 09:36 PM ----------

Thanks. Yes and she still has. Our family love our pets and treat them like family :slight_smile:.

---------- Post added 24th Feb 2016 at 09:38 PM ----------

our oldest dog is 11 years and shes a couple years younger, so around 9-10. So thats a good age to me. I love her dearly and our family will make her last weeks the best shes ever had.

---------- Post added 24th Feb 2016 at 09:42 PM ----------

Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile:. I'm sorry to hear about your baby. I hope shes had a good life as well. All my pets are like children to me. It is unfortunate tjat not all animals have it as well as others. She's gonna enjoy her last weeks

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to hear about your dog. The vet did the right thing, there is not need to put her through needless pain at this point sadly. It sounds like she has had a good life. It also sound like you will make her final days very happy ones. I hope that your last days with her are as happy as they can be.

8. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dogs can sometimes become closer friends with you than another human can, I hope your little star enjoys her time with you!

9. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you. shes had a good life yeah. She's also had a long enough life. It is sad to hear that one of your babies has something horrible like this. And yes when the day comes, she'll be the happiest dog alive :slight_smile:.

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2016 at 08:32 AM ----------

Thank you! I hope the does too :slight_smile:.