1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Shaving

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gear2BQueer, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't shaved my legs in a very long time. I'm not quite brave enough to wear shorts out of the house, but I'm still not going to shave anytime soon. My mom also tells me whenever she sees me in shorts at home...

"you really need to shave" and I say "why".
    She usually says "because we don't live in Europe" and I say "but it is natural".
    She says "no it's not, it is natural to shave" and I say "really do you think people in early centuries were like hey I should get rid of this hair" and "people didn't shave because it was cold".
    She said "well now we have pants to keep us warm and you need to shave".
    I said "I'm not going to shave" and that was the end of it for yesterday, but she's just going to keep telling me to shave.

Does anybody else have this problem because it really sucks? :icon_sad:

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    There's depilatory creams that get rid of leg hair. It's totally harmless.

3. Cedar

"natural to shave" lol, that's like saying it's natural to wear clothes. It's like we were born wearing clothing or something. I think saying something is "natural" means it needs no altering. A bit of leg hair isn't going to hurt anybody it's only the social construct that says women shouldn't have leg hair. I don't really think it's going to hurt anyone if you have visible leg hair, if someone has a problem with it, that's their problem not yours.

4. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I know I have some. I just get really impatient with shaving or anyway of get rid of hair on my legs. I honestly don't really mind it anymore. I just haven't worked up the nerve to go out in public in shorts since my mom criticizes me about it all the time, and plus it's winter.

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2016 at 01:04 PM ----------

I thought it was very sad and hilarious that she said it was natural to shave.:roflmao:
    I totally agree with point about the leg hair....I just wish I didn't care so much about what people thought or I would totally wear shorts.

5. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you don't want to shave, don't bother. It's your leg hair and nobody else's. :thumbsup:

6. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*):icon_bigg

7. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You mean annoying moms? Yeah, most of us. Comes with the territory.

8. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :roflmao: She can be annoying sometimes, but I love her so very much. My family is the only people I'm really close to. That's why is makes me sad that one day I'm going to have to break their hearts to make my self happy.......but that leg hair thing is still aggravating.

9. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Moms are like that. My mom has some sort of weird obsession with eyebrows and she used to pick on me all the time to wax/pluck etc. I learned to ignore it.

They're your legs, if you wanna shave, shave, if you don't, don't.

10. lyonhaart

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have the opposite problem. Sure, my mother doesn't care when I shave my face, but I am all about shaving EVERYWHERE. I usually get scoffed at when I'm seen walking around in my boxers or shorts since all there is on my legs is shiny smoothness. This is mostly because she still believes I'm male. And society sees males shaving as weird unless it's their face being pampered. Society is a bitch.

11. YinYang

Yeah, I have that problem. I haven't shaved in about a year now and my grandma keeps telling me that I need to shave if I want to look beautiful. I also went bike riding a little while ago and I got plenty of stares from people because I was wearing shorts. I don't shave my underarms, either, but I don't usually wear tank tops, so that's not as much of a problem. My mom is fine with me not shaving, but I know she wishes I did shave.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just use an electric raser. I do shave my legs as well! :slight_smile:

13. Lipstick Leuger

Good for you! It's wrong to feel forced to comply with societal views of what we should do or not do with our bodies. I only shave in the Summer, I have underarm hair and leg hair 3/4 of the year, my wife and girls don't shave at all. My youngest wore her Homecoming dress, no nylons and unshaven legs to the dance, and not one person said anything. One girl tried to say in her health class that 'you can't be pretty unless you shave your legs'. My daughter tore her a new butt over it.

I work in Geriatrics and the ladies tell me that they never shaved because only prostitutes shaved. In the 1930s or 40s that was how it was.

14. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never shaved, even before knowing I was guy. Actually, I enjoy all the hair I have, I just wish more of it would be on my face.

Keep doing what you're doing. No one should tell you what you have to do with your skin. Shaving is a pain and it's not necessary at all.

15. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do what your comfortable with. No one has to live in your body but you!

Me I'm waiting for a full body laser to be invented. I'm so hairy and I don't like it. I start hormones tomorrow because I started growing a beard, hirsutism. I wish like hell that I could give all this hair to someone who really wants it.

16. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yo my mother frequently asked me if she can pluck my eyebrows. It's really weird, 2ndly I'm 24 I'm sure I can handle it on my own if I wanted.

17. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's your body, So you do what you want!

18. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say it's up to you whether you shave or not. Personally I have to shave at least every other day or I just feel gross or not clean..I just don't like the hair...but it's your body your decision you're not hurting anyone by not shaving

19. Jellal

When it's winter, I keep pants on and also let my legs get hairier. It's easier to bear the cold that way ... otherwise I do like to shave, I prefer the smoothness when it's not impractical.

20. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Yes! I have this problem. I haven't been shaving as much for the past year or two now. I do before fancy events like dances, but other than that I don't.
    I also play basketball so I regularly have to wear shorts. I just figure, if they're going to judge me for it then sad for them because they have to shave all the time and I don't:slight_smile: No one's said anything other than my mom. Normally, I don't like people judging me but I think you kind of get used to it in this case since it's something you can easily forget about in the moment.
    I also find (and it totally depends on the person) that some girls admire it and wish they had the courage to, while most of the guys I know say they really couldn't care less if girls shaved their legs.
    I think what helped me is I have a friend who also doesn't shave so that helped me to realize I shouldn't care so much, but thing is you don't need someone else to make that decision and it's awesome you've already done that. Who knows? You may inspire another girl to stop caring about it and stop shaving. And if not, you're still the one who doesn't have to worry about shaving! It's a win-win:slight_smile:
    Good luck!
    I don't know how your mom is but maybe she'll give up after a while? It's not like she could forcibly shave your legs. I suppose she could punish you, so I hope she doesn't. Either way, she'll probably keep bugging you about it because that's what moms do but stick to your guns because it's your own body and your own decision, and hair is completely natural! The whole idea of putting so much time and money into shaving is completely ridiculous if you think about it. So just be you:thumbsup: