1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be pregnant but I'm a transman

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Minori, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Minori

I am so, conflicted really.
    I am becoming male. I have not taking T yet, though I very much want to (on a waiting list)

But, the one thing I wanted to do before I fully transition is to have a baby with my current body. I wanted to actually experience pregnancy first hand.

But I feel so conflicted.
    I've wanted T for so long, I hate being seen as female so much. But I want to be pregnant? Does this make sense?
    And I know I couldnt take T if I was pregnant...

2. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This sounds like something you should talk to your doctor about.

I believe it depend greatly on what you wanted more, taking testosterone or experience child bearing. Some transgendered men have given birth but I don't know what risks that would have for the baby in relation to testosterone.

#2 Bismuth, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people do go on T for a year or few and then go off to get pregnant. If you do get pregnant, you would just have to go off T for the duration of your pregnancy, because testosterone raises your risk of miscarriage and birth defects highly.

If you were on testosterone for a long time before getting pregnant, there is a possibility that you could become infertile, and I'm not 100% of the prevalence, but I don't think it's very likely. That is something you should discuss with your doctor, though.

Here's a documentary about pregnant trans men: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0RLI0wt_W4

4. Minori

I will definitely look into that video. Thank you

5. joshvolby

i think its better to get pregnant first before getting that T. getting pregnant before taking T will give you healthy pregnancy. taking T then pregnancy high risk of miscarriage and abnormal baby. besides that T can always wait for the sake of having healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. its not just what you want its also about your health and the baby (if you choose to get pregnant).