1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's it like to be an eye candy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marty18, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Marty18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What's it like to look like one of those Hollister models? Please let me (and others) know as it is very unlikely (if not impossible) that I'll ever experience it myself. Do you enjoy it? What are the pros and cons (if any) of having that perfect look?

Be honest please! :grin:

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry if this offends anyone, but they don't exist - if you're talking about models in a catalouge - there's a good chance they're Photoshopped.

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm assuming you'll have to deal with a lot of insecurities and people wanting you only for your body. The insecurities stem from the fact that you're expected to be good-looking, so every tiny physical flaw will be scrutinized. For relationships, I feel like it can be quite a problem. People may even be too intimidated to approach you because they may consider you out of their league.

Apart from all that negativity, I'm sure it must be nice to feel like a model. To know that you're really attractive to the point that they want you to be the face of a company. It must be nice

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have spent any time outside walking around, especially, say, on a beach, then you know that eye candy exists.

In terms of catalog models, anyone ridiculously skinny can be made (using appropriate clothes, make-up, lighting, etc.) to look mouthwateringly gorgeous. No Photoshop required (but possibly used in some cases, these days).

I'll add that while I don't identify as eye candy, virtually nobody does (maybe this is what Secret5 is talking about?). Everybody feels insecure over how they look; even (especially?) those whom we find drop-dead gorgeous in frumpy clothes without make-up.

#4 biAnnika, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  5. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is a burden, I'm not gonna lie. With all the attention and admiration directed at me, I can barely catch a break! However, I will not complain too much about it. This is not about me, it's about what I do for others. It's very fulfilling to know you're contributing to making this world pretty every single day.

[​IMG]

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Basically life just comes with a bunch of extra nonsense and annoying people who are bothering you for the most superficial reasons

7. Psaurus918

He's probably talking about the ones that model at the stores. Also the models on their website are real guys and while they may use some photoshopping the guys are still attractive and in good shape.

I went to college with a kid that did some modeling for Abercrombie and he was actually normal and some what of a nerd who watched anime and played Dungeons and Dragons

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You get licked a lot.

9. Marty18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for responding!

For me those perfect people are a bit mysterious cause no one of then is my friend and I don't get in touch with them a lot. There are 2 classmates who I consider being eye candies. One of them is quite "normal" and he even talks with me sometimes. While the other one is a completely different story. He is incredibly handsome and he has this "catalouge" look - like a skinnier version of James Dean. His behavior shows how confident he feels about it. I must admit I envy him sometimes cause all he does for looking so good is just having good genetics and wearing expensive clothes. His body has so nice shape even he doesn't go to the gym or something.

My boyfriend always says how handsome I am but I don't think it myself, obviously. The worse thing is that when I used to go to clubs the only guys who approached me were either older or uglier while all those model looking ones kept themselves in their "circle of perfection".

I wonder if these feelings of envy and ugliness will ever leave me. Yay! :grin:

10. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only times I've ever actually been told by strangers that I'm attractive (once was actually called eye-candy) have been when I'm in garb (see profile pic) or dressed up for a gig.

I discovered that people respond to my ridiculous attempts at flirting much more positively (it should be noted, I am not being skeezy. I act, and my character at Ren Faires is a giant man-slut), and I get stared at a lot more.

Otherwise I'm just some slob on the street admiring a nice booty here and there.

11. lovetoomuch

Interesting question and something I have thought about a lot recently. I have a crush on one of the "eye candy" guys and wonder how someone got that good looking - lol. Anyways, they seem to have a lot of friends from what I can tell and mostly have all good looking friends, talk about intimidating.

As others said, I'm sure they deal with a lot of flirting and people wanting them only for their looks. My thing is though, from the few I have seen, they only go for equally attractive people. So hypothetically, if an average looking person asked a good looking man or female out, I don't know how many would say "yes" just because of personality traits. I think in the end, if you are good looking, you will look for someone just about as good looking.

I'm sure they do have insecurities though. Confidence when with friends or in public doesn't show what a person may see in the mirror. I'm sure some of them know they are good looking, but others probably struggle with the same things we average-looking folks struggle with.

12. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I imagine that when you are good looking you have a lot of friends - both guys and girls. You tend to get a lot of gifts and have a lot of admirers. Some people may be mean to you because they either have a crush on you or are intimidated by you. You also need a lot of money for all the cosmetic procedures you'll have to do to attain this perfection. :grin:

#12 KyleD, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  13. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha props to you! :lol:

But in all seriousness, I'm guessing you get lots of stares? I don't know, I'm no eye candy. =]

14. John W

not gonna lie- it's great (I'm not a 'hollidter model', but am good-looking) but sometimes it's kind of annoying because sometimes I feel like someone's only talking to me because I'm good looking, so a lot of people seem shallower than they are I guess, but the advantages definitely it weigh that.
    To be honest, although not everybody is conventionally good looking (otherwise there'd be no such thing as 'good looking'), I think it's possible for anyone to be attracted to anyone under the right circumstances, at least for me it is- there's eomeone for everyone!!!

15. SkyDiver

I wouldn't call myself a model or eye candy or anything. But people look at me all the time. Those glances that linger for a few seconds longer than they should, especially when I know that I picked the right clothes and the right hairstyle. I do have tons of extremely attractive friends. I can easily flirt with almost anyone. Lots of attention on apps. Not gonna lie, I like it.

#15 SkyDiver, Jan 21, 2016
  16. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok last year i had this makeover new hairstyle and i like kept taking care of my skin constantly and i went to the gym for a month or so ok i will tell you one thing yes i had like a model face a little bit of a model body ok not that much but i think it was enough
    i did have numbers thrown at me a stranger hot guy gave me his number and kissed me on my neck and whispered nice words well the cons were the worst perverts all over the places bus drivers taxi drivers dump store employees not getting off your butt making you feel uncomfortable
    though trust me everyone can be an eye candy
    i sure as hell i'm not now i stopped going to the gym and i don't buy any beauty stuff anymore i really don't have time lately every two month or so i buy one foundation and that's it
    unlike last year i used to have hair removers for all body parts moisturizers skin cleansing cc and bb creams and all kind of hair sprays and a no sweat smell cream and a feminine nice perfume (nina ricci is my fav)
    if anything i do pay attention to this year and i do have time for its fashion a shop at the mall for fashion once a month is enough for you to wear something unique and fresh everyday in that month of course i save up for all that
    badly i never have time to take a pic of myself before i go to school everyday i wish someone do it for me T_T all my selfies are rushed and bad and i barley take a good one every 3-4 months !!!!!
    hair and face and body are doing awful though

17. SkyDiver

I beg to differ!

18. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What creepy place do you live in?!

I'm not sure if I was at all happy if some random guy kissed me on my neck in the street and whispered anything to my ear but I would definitely flip if a bus or taxi drive made me any such proposal. I would probably punch them.

19. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can’t speak to it since I’m not one of them.

That said, I would imagine that it isn’t as great as it might seem from the outside.

While some people don’t have to do much to have that “great body”, the reality is that most of those model-type people put a lot of time and effort into their bodies. Restrictive diets, hours of the gym, etc.

I would think that it would be easy to build your identity around your body. The problem with over-identifying with your own body is that the body ages!

#19 Cort, Jan 21, 2016
  20. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I for one think it is fantastic! Everywhere I go people are calling out to me, "Hey! Weren't you that little red guy in Sonic & Knuckles?" I used to be embarrassed by it, being singled out in a sea of people; so embarrassed in fact that I would abandon the Master Emerald to go out on the town in disguise. Somehow, someway people would still manage to spot me though ... but really, how hard could it be to notice a three foot tall, walking, talking, red Echidna? But there are those days when it's not all it's cracked up to being .. they're still quick to ask where the little blue dude and golden fox is these days before requesting a photo with me, but this is the life I was chosen to live and I'm glad to be living it.
    [​IMG]
    Then again results may vary because I'm sorta kinda famous.

#20 KnucklesNation, Jan 21, 2016