1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Cruz: Better to 'Inflict' a Transgender Student on Teachers Than Teens

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Jan 8, 2016.

1. breq

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is so gross. Wonder what he would say about a trans teacher... :/

2. Athexant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is highly unfortunate. I don't understand Republican conservatives and I don't choose to because they don't choose to understand me and the issues I go through. It just really sucks that America has a mostly Republican congress that will probably sweep trans issues under the rug or hate on them mercilessly. Also, I don't really expect a lot of anything to happen in congress this year with the upcoming elections. I just hope that we get a president who actually cares about trans rights.

3. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cruz is officially a complete asshole. -insert string of extremely foul cussing here- I can't believe my dad wants to vote for any of the republican candidates, because unlike them, he's smart and pretty reasonable. I get that some people feel like they have to have 'party loyalty' but come on now. (off topic a bit but I had to rant about that)

#23 ErickWolf, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  4. AlexTheGrey

When someone is running their mouth like Cruz, do you want to be the one getting the spotlight? I don't.

I personally feel like Serano and others are on point with the concept of Transmisogyny. Serano has written quite a bit on this phenomenon, and why society is so interested in one group and largely ignores the other.

I think the absolute weirdest example I've seen of this phenomenon actually had to come from a small set of cis women. These people were attacking trans women (in writing), lashing out at them. Why? Because of cases where some trans men had apparently been trying to make their voices heard about access to reproductive services. So, taking point with the idea that "abortion/contraceptive access is not just a women's issue", they lash out at trans women for "forcing" them to "include men". Why? Not a clue, but it was just mind-boggling. I wish I could fish out the original article, because it was totally surreal.

5. ThroughTheMist

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm considering Canada too, but I'm open to a number of other countries as well. I'm looking in terms of which country might be easiest to move to, apart from language - I'll happily learn another language if that's what it takes to get away from these political buttholes.

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Canada's got its political clowns as well, unfortunately. Though, it's still miles better than what I hear about the US.

7. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might take you up on that.
    I'm legit terrified that a republican will win.

8. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh god, if we get hillary im moving to ireland, i cannot fucking stand her. now i know this is gonna sound real hillbilly but ill be damned if she takes my guns away, i have the right to bear arms and i will protect that right with all of my will.:dry:

9. RainDreamer

I don't think any American president will ever try to take arms away from American citizens. It simply wouldn't work due to the American gun industry (they have quite an extensive lobbying power) and gun culture and may even cause domestic terrorism if enacted. They may try to regulate guns one way or another, but no way to ever take guns from Americans, for better or for worse.

That whole "[name] is going to take guns away from you!" is just a scare tactic like many others to get votes.

10. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going to hold you to this I swear to god

But in all seriousness, if one of these clowns actually wins the election I'm gonna run into the woods and live with wolves. They've got more brains than this ._.

11. djembedani

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I may just take you up on that!