1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Talk To A Short Girl?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Jan 3, 2016.

1. GayPugs

My girlfriend is amazing! She's pretty, smart, and kind! But, she's short and I feel so touchy about it. I told her she was cute the other day and she got offended and I felt so bad! I apologized and told her I meant it like in Scooby Doo when Daphne says a boy is "cute" it means he's hot. I want my girlfriend to know I love her, short or tall. I don't care. But, can any body tell me, like, topics to avoid or something? I really need help with this. >~< :help:

Also, to give you an idea of how short my girlfriend is, I thought she was seven. She's 4 ft 6 inches. And she's a year older than ME! But, I don't care. She's so beautiful... <3 I love her no matter what. :kiss:

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just treat her like any other girl. I'm sure that's all she wants, just don't make jokes about it or anything.

3. GayPugs

I don't make any jokes and when I say she's pretty I just say she's pretty. I don't say, "You're pretty tall or small" because if I were short I would hate having that said to me. But, I still feel like I'm doing something wrong.

4. TeruTeruBouzu

Is she a foreigner? It seems odd for someone to not understand 'cute' meaning 'hot'.

5. GayPugs

No. She always gets cute like, "Look at that cute little kid and her big sister!" When that happens I'm just like, MIDDLE FINGER!!! She's from here. She was born and spent her entire life here, just, about, 13 minutes from my house. In the US.

6. Eye Shine

If she doesn't like the word cute my recommendation would be to say different compliments. Such as gorgeous beautiful stunning hot sexy adorable sweet kind easy going. If you don't want to say a compliment that is directly about her try complimenting her clothing, shoe, and/or pursue. Although I will say this complimenting one
    s personality or the effort they put into something is so much better than just the average compliment.
    These are just some ways to compliment her. Also if you say anything unintentionally "wrong" just apologize and tell her you didn't mean it like that just like you did. Then don't do it again and try a different approach. Have a good one!

7. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Insecurity. She will grow out of it, pun intended. :lol:
    I'm 5'5, short for a male, and my boyfriend actually said "You're so cute and adorable and hot and I want to smuggle you in my suitcase" and I was like "Awwww :grin: "

8. NateC7

The part about personality is an excellent point I'd like to expand on. Complimenting someone's outer appearance is fine and all, but that is something anyone can do. Complimenting one's personality indicates that you actually know the person a little more intimately than just their name and face. And don't just say "You're really nice" because even a stranger can say that to another when shown a bit of kindness. Say you're really nice and then add more to it, how is she nice? How does it make you feel? Warm and fuzzy? She'll probably appreciate hearing that a lot. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

9. GayPugs

Thanks, Eye Shine and NateC7 I will definitely take that advice! ^^ And, Kinky, the pun was a little offensive. She has a disease-ish-thingy that makes her short. So, there is a chance that I WILL always tower over her (I'm extra tall for my age >~<).

10. Ryu

Ryu

You should be fine if you don't look down on her. She should be the bigger person and stop making a fuss about such small problems.
    (Badun chhh)
    I spend way to much time taking the piss out of my friends height...

11. Nikky DoUrden

awwwwwwwwwww ! imma steal ur boyfriend, im 5'5 as well and wish my future bf will be just as sweet !

@GayPugs, just keep telling her how beautiful/smart/wonderful she is, eventually she'll be less insecure about her height and will accept it as part of her beauty ^^

12. TheStormInside

I'm very short, myself, though I don't really mind it. Some people are insecure about things like that, though, and it sounds like your girlfriend is not totally comfortable with her stature. I like being considered cute, personally.

But one thing that happens when you're particularly short is that people often treat you like you are younger. Being considered "cute" might make her feel poorly because it's what you'd call a kid, not necessarily an adult (or teen, not sure of her age) woman. Since it sounds like she's sensitive to it, I'd avoid saying things or treating her in any way that suggests she's childlike. Additionally, you don't have to ignore her height entirely. There'll be times she wants something off a high shelf :icon_wink . When in doubt, just ask her if she needs help, or if something in particular bothers her.

13. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a short cis female myself (4'9") I'm content with my height and have accepted it. I love being called cute and adorable (under certain circumstances). But you probably should avoid topics like...

- do you need help reaching something from the top shelf? or just refer to anything that she can't reach.
    - any short people jokes
    - don't blatantly point out her height if she doesn't like it (like cute...sometimes short people don't want to be called cute because it sounds like you're almost treating them like a kid?) idk that's from personal experience.
    - instead of cute say some other adjective to describe her appearance (lovely, beautiful, sexy, etc)

Hope this helped a little bit :slight_smile:

#13 state-champs, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  14. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Best thing you can do is try to get on her level and speak a language that she understands. Start by crouching down to her height or lower, and speak in a cheery high-pitched voice. Wear very tight, comically short clothing and retract your arms like a T-rex. A funny hat could be helpful as well. You should basically watch The Hobbit or Wizard of Oz, and emulate what you see there. A well rehearsed song and dance number about being short could also go a long way in breaking the ice.