1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, cause I'm thinking off doing offline shopping during the last few weeks of school.

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg, we were doing a team race in our swimming class and the guys said I was fast :grin:

I have a shitty cardio, so even if I could do more physically, my heart can't follow. Still, it made me really happy to get that comment :3 (Plus, we won!)

3. SkyDiver

I'm officially a server at a popular restaurant here! Time for the tips to roll on in.

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The word of the day is "dick."

I've called people "dicks" at least 20 times already. It's a good day.

#3984 RawringSnake, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Today is such a nice day. Perfect weather, no school. Feels like summer.

6. Cedar

Building IKEA furniture reminds me of how much I don't like IKEA furniture but I need a table and didn't like what I was seeing around me... The screws are going in only half-way even when I use a drill for it. My hands feel really raw over fighting with the screws with a screwdriver so I'm taking a break.

Also shared something on facebook quoting one of the many times my mum has said something transphobic to me, I hope she reads it to realize why what she's saying is wrong. Unless of course, she's just in a constant state of denial over me being trans and she'll just ignore it or act like she's a victim in this.

7. thepandaboss

I fucking LOVE Ikea. Need to get some new office stuff :grin:

8. Hiems

Snow days are awesome, but only when I actually know that it is a snow day, so that I don't drive to school for no reason...

I received an e-mail from my course coordinator that my section was cancelled. I didn't think about checking my e-mails for snow days. The website didn't say classes were cancelled, so I assumed they were still going on, regardless of the snow.

Note to self... check e-mails too :/

9. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny story... I have like a million Furbies. :confused: I used to have a Furby as a kid, when they first came out. During the time when Furbies weren't around (they stopped production), I got into a discussion with my friend about them and she said that she'd never had one. As a laugh, I was like "how hard can it be to find a Furby?" - turns out, pretty hard at the time. The only way I could get them was in a joblot from Ebay. I handed some out to my friends but was still left with loads.

Then one day... my mum and dad bought me one of the new Furbies. I thanked them but was thinking "... what the hell?" and they said "It was expensive, but we saw how many Furbies you have and thought we'd get you the new one seeing as you like them so much!". I didn't have the heart to tell them.

... so now I'm surrounded by Furbies.

10. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate enthusiasm. Just because it's so hard to get right, you know? If I put too much emphasis on it then it then it comes out sounding sarcastic, but if I put too little on it then it makes it sound like I don't care. This is why I hate interviews.

I tend to have a habit talking in a monotonous voice- and sometimes I end up talking in the opposite, making it sound too dramatic. I'm quite self-concious of my voice, I actually find it easier conveying tone through singing, rather than talking. Is that weird? I don't even...

11. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You guys make me want to have a furby now.

I had one when I was a kid, but it didn't work D: My sister's furby worked, though. Haha, good times.

12. Cedar

So that thing I shared on facebook? My mum pretty much said this:

"You were a girly girl when you were younger, trans people know they are different from a young age so therefore you are not trans, there is something wrong with you by wanting to look like a man. Remember, you brought this to facebook" What does that even mean anyways? I wanted to come out on facebook in the first place so it's a good first step for me? Why does she always want to argue...

I pretty much wrote out a very long post explaining my point and telling her that some people don't even know they are trans until a later age. It's like she's invalidating what I feel right now, why must she always do that? I suggested that she talk to my gender therapist and maybe we can have a healthy discussion about it(without arguing).

13. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't wear my short shorts to school tomorrow. Ugh, guess I'll have to wear my basketball shorts tomorrow. You know what? I'm gonna come out to one of my friends.

14. MrSkittles

The Foster's just keeps getting better and better...

15. Burnedcloset

Today felt so negative.

Had a lot of bad news yesterday. And today it's a snow day here. All day I've had the feeling of eminent doom.

Took a shower, watching the Grammys. I feel better.

16. Distant Echo

So. The co-habiting male has finally moved out! My home is officially mine again! Only took 5 months......

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2016 at 01:12 PM ----------

Lmao. Feel free to send some my way :wink:

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My grandma had a stroke and a heart attack. They did a heart cath, but it there was nothing there at all. They said that her heart looked really healthy. So, they are not sure what is really going on.

18. thepandaboss

My mom was like this when I first came out. She came around eventually though. So that may be the case with your mom. Honestly, I was the same way. I didn't know I was trans until I was about 18, didn't even really feel weird until puberty. I was kinda a girly kid (even though I'm anything but now).

But I think you did the right thing. I think once she's able to talk to the therapist she'll at least get to talk about things rationally. Thing is, a lot of parents do go into panic mode when their kids first come out (and I suppose that's even the case months/years later). I mean, their whole world is being turned around. Granted, your mom will never really know you as well as you know yourself. But she's panicking because her perception of you is wrong. And I think that's hard for people to deal with in general, when things aren't as they assume or plan. So give her some credit in that regard. It doesn't excuse hurtful words or actions but it can be hard for a lot of people to figure out a family member's transition with a clear head.

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't want to think about what will happen if I have to move away on my own in September.

20. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally forgot about the Fosters again. I'm ready for the Grammys and the Gravity Falls series finale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.